Christmas tradition in my family usually starts on Thanksgiving. While my grandmother, mom, and aunt spend the day preparing thanksgiving dinner, me and my grandfather would use that time to take out the Christmas decorations. We’d lay out everything to see what we have and start the process of setting up the trees in the designated rooms. However, since me and my mom have a more keen eye to detail, her and my grandfather would usually switch places and together we’d spend about a good thirty minutes fluffing out the Christmas trees. In the meantime, my grandmother and aunt would have just finished cooking and my grandfather would be finishing up with the drinks. Then, in the true spirit of thanksgiving, we’d all stop what we’re doing to come together and enjoy the feast. As we would eat our dessert, we’d begin the process of putting up the decorations, with each of us being assigned to a certain tree. This day usually marks the beginning of several other joyous events to come.
Throughout the month of December, my family and I have our own traditions that we partic...
... middle of paper ...
...en spend the rest of the day just bonding and having fun with laughter all in between. We sometimes even go on a walk to the movies and watch a movie we all never seen. Although small, these are just simple ways to be with one another.
While most people have a certain tradition they do every year, I find the holiday season the most significant for me. Growing up as an American set the baseline for Christmas, but growing up in my family shaped the meaning and importance of it. The traditions we have throughout the month also set the relationship I have with my family as we all come together to celebrate. Although there are other things we do throughout the year, we don’t take them as seriously as we do this important time. If there’s one thing I hope never changes in my family, I hope it’s Christmas. For if we lose these traditions, we’d lose what makes us unique.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A character you may build when in process of making a better self or a life event has changed you. Sometimes we may just want a better version of ourselves to be liked or we forget who we once were. As I saw this happening to Dee in “Everyday Use” reading when she lost herself after leaving home and marrying to a wealthy man. I can see the sister rivalry between her and Maggie the same as my sister and I. One always wanting more and the other not knowing what to do next; or wanting similar attention and affection from our mother.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Husband, Christmas tree]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Marriage is a significant event that is just part of life. When you both put time in effort into the marriage it can bloom into something great and rewarding. I feel as though marriage represents love, belonging, security, and a long term commitment. Although all this may be true this is sometime a downside of marriage that can be worked through and that sometimes end in divorce. Divorce makes some people feel the disappointment of the relationship because they believe that they didn’t try hard enough to make it work or just not being strong enough.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Divorce, Alimony]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- My personal project will be a report on how to create an event on a budget. I will outline the importance of having an event budget in place as well as outline creative ideas in creating a successful event on a budget. Planning an event can also lack creativity so this report will cover creativity vs. budget in event planning. Marking Criteria • Outlines importance of having an event budget 5 MARKS • Illustrate a broad range of creative and innovative event ideas on a budget 5 MARKS • Outlines benefits and challenges of creating an event on a budget 5 MARKS • Outlining the importance of creativity in events 5 MARKS Our society is evolving at a fast pace.... [tags: Event Management]
2417 words (6.9 pages)
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- “Christmas, Christmas time is near. Time for toys and time for cheer.” Almost anyone can sing along to this Christmas Carol, but many can not relate to the lyrics. Christmas time is a joy for many, it is spent with their family opening presents. All around the world many children do not get to enjoy the luxury of Christmas presents around this holiday, and there are many in the community near you who do not have this privilege. The program that has been designed to be a help for communities all over the country is the Christmas Share outreach.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- You better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout I’m telling you why Santa Claus is coming to town (John Frederick Coots and Haven Gillespie). Christmas is around the corner, and kindness and happiness are full filling people souls. The wonderful Christmas tree smell that invade the living room gives you the sense of being on a real mountain. Also, enjoying the snow from the window with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book give you so much peace to your inner self. Overall, Christmas sounds like a lovely time where everybody is full of joy.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas carol]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and been transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities. The same study also revealed that 81 percent of non-Christians, including atheists, Buddhists, and Hindus, also observe the holiday.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- While consumers wake up at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to rush to the malls for the best deals of the year, the beginning of the holiday season is marked by the handful of movie marathons featuring holiday classics. The Christmas holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ in the Christian faith has expanded beyond its religious significance and transformed into a cultural phenomenon observed by both believers and non-believers. According to a Pew Research study conducted in 2013, 92 percent of Americans and 96 percent of Christians participate in Christmas festivities.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- It is that time of the year again. Thanksgiving is quickly approaching, and the yuletide season is just around the corner. For evidence of this, one needs to look no farther than his local Walmart, which has certainly been proudly displaying their plastic Christmas trees and blow-up Frosty the Snowmans since Halloween. Yes, Christmas is almost here, and along with it doorbuster sales, long lines, late nights spent shopping online, and a last-minute sprint to the local Target. Over the years, this consumerism has come to define Christmas, and the once sentimental holiday has become dependent on the quality of gifts rather than the time spent with loved ones.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Yule]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- Significant Event I had put on extra deodorant for that long-awaited day. I made sure the shoelaces on my new “Michael Jordan Pumps” were double knotted. The night before, I even ironed my jersey making sure my last name, Yung, was visible. “Is everyone twelve years old,” I thought to myself as I looked up at my competition towering over me… and my dad. I was on the verge of losing all confidence, I had no answer, my mind only registered an image of giant twelve year olds running me over in the race for a spot on the city league basketball team.... [tags: essays papers]
560 words (1.6 pages)