With the love in the air, Christmas highlights love with red and green wrapping paper. Valentines is not the day of love, it is the day of lust. Christmas is the day and the season of love. With every mistletoe hung where everyone can see encourages every couple try to stop. Who can resist the temptation of kissing their soulmates? Exactly, everybody with a body and a lover will never be able to resist. Some say that the mistletoe contains the unexplained powers of making couples to kissy kissy boo boo. Perhaps romance is not the only love that flickers an apple cinnamon candle; family love is more and so a furnace fire which burns deeply within each soul. Family is the most important group of people in a person’s life. The love that family members have for each other is a brighter and hotter fire than any romance candle. Christmas makes everyone evaluate their own heart, as a result; people receive excitement when they realize just how much they love and how much they are loved. The Christmas story about baby Jesus inspires more people to love others on this special day. Who can ignore the story of God giving His only baby boy to the sinners of the world to die for them, all out of...
... middle of paper ...
...ions and goals in life. Maybe a human does not have the Christmas magic. A toy which an adult had when he/she was younger could flicker a small light of hope inside. A special Christmas toy usually holds a special memory of the adult’s past. That memory usually unlocks a door which leads to comfort, joy, hope and the ability to dream. Believe it or not a Christmas toy from the past is a common way to unlock the excitement of Christmas in an adult’s heart.
Christmas triggers many strong emotions. Christmas triggers the emotions of love, hope, joy, pity, excitement, freedom to dream, and so on. Shatter hope and dreams are restored on this special day. No one will fully be able to explain the magic of the mistletoe. No one can agree on the answer of who contains the magic of Christmas. One thing is for sure, the spirit of Christmas lives within the heart of a child
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bright lights and cheerful colors are usually the first things that come to mind when you think of Christmas. Your mind can easily imagine the feel of the fluffy white snow as well as the crisp, fresh smell of peppermint in the air. This holiday is my favorite day of the year, for the joyous atmosphere it spreads all around. In America, Christmas is considered a significant event. Not only does it celebrate happiness and a time for being with family, but it also celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- ... After crawling into Santa’s sack on Christmas Eve as an infant, Buddy was transported to the North Pole where he was raised among the elves and believed to be one himself. When he learns that he is just like every other human, Buddy sets out to find his father in the bustling city of New York. With a heaping plate of maple syrup spaghetti and a large pile of candy for dessert, burrow into warm blankets and watch how the magical spirit of the holiday season reunites the duo. “Elf gives a message of family,” said sophomore Meagan Collins.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Elf The storyline of Elf is undoubtedly unrealistic, yet it’s the endless imagination and pure innocence sprinkled throughout that makes it a holiday favorite. Directed by Jon Favreau, the 2003 film stars famed comedian Will Ferrell and tells the story of his character Buddy’s search for his biological father. After crawling into Santa’s sack on Christmas Eve as an infant, Buddy was transported to the North Pole where he was raised among the elves and believed to be one himself. When he learns that he is just like every other human, Buddy sets out to find his father in the bustling city of New York.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas worldwide]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- Ah, Christmas the time of giving and caring. Christmas decorations of green and red twinkling lights are strung throughout the houses of the neighborhoods, carolers sing cheery tunes from the tops of their lungs in the streets, and gifts big and small are wrapped to the best of Neopets ability sitting readily under a large ornamented evergreen Christmas tree. Everyone loves Christmas for it’s a time of running to the stores for presents and spreading smiles. Everyone adores Christmas that is except for this one unspirited Skeith and that brings us to our story.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Yule, Father Christmas]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- Redemption in A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens Introduction Charles Dickens wrote A Christmas carol reflecting on the society that he live in the Victoria Era. During the reign of Queen Victoria Britain became one of the most Industrialised countries in European. From Britain Factories, mills, shipyards came products ranging from steam locomotives, to textiles and ship, while coal miners toiled deep below the ground to produce the coal needed to power Britain expanding Industries. During Victorian times there was a serious gap between the rich and poor.... [tags: Christmas Carol Charles Dickens Essays]
2103 words (6 pages)
- When I think back to this moment, I remember all the soft murmurs that together created a high volume singular screech, the colorful cloud of different tones engulfing the children bodies and the trembling feet on the differently leveled ground. The warmth of the many figures present was comparable to the warmth of the sun on a summer day in mid-July. I felt so familiar to these circumstances. The music was exhilarating. I felt like we were a group, yet so individual. My pounding heart knew that this would be once again another nerve-racking moment.... [tags: music, moments, things, love, change]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- The Thanksgiving/Christmas season is rapidly approaching. I love these two holidays. I love what they stand for. Thanksgiving – Thanking God for His fruitful bounty, thanking Him for getting us through another year. The Pilgrims understood that everything they had came from God; I often wonder how much more we would be blessed if more Americans would take that attitude. It is sad seeing the stores open on Thanksgiving. It started a couple years back, stores started opening at midnight, then ten and now some are open four in the afternoon.... [tags: end of the year holidays and traditions]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- Looking through a frosted window at fog and chimney smoke is the best. The only thing that could make it better is when snow is falling gracefully from the sky, powdering the ground below. That very scene is one of the reasons why I have come to love winter so much. Winter means freezing temperatures that allow you to sit by the fire with a cup of cocoa. Winter means family coming together. Winter means Christmas. Winter means my favorite time of the year has arrived. I have always adored the season of winter.... [tags: personal narrative]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Exploring Christmas As the year draws to an end, the holiday spirit is in the air (quite literally we are waiting for the actual ‘holiday’ to start) Well, jokes aside Christmas is surely just around the corner and the spirit of Christmas is once again present among us. But what is this ‘Spirit of Christmas’. In fact what is Christmas. When a person thinks of Christmas, the first thing that most probably comes to mind is the Christmas tree or Santa Claus or even presents. Christmas can be described in many ways but it is usually celebrated by millions of people according to tradition.... [tags: Papers]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- During the holiday season, it is easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas. As cliché as this may sound I find it to be very truthful. There seems to be a lot of pressure put on regular everyday average Americans, to celebrate, share the good will and get that perfect gift for that special some one in your life. Possibly your lover, mother or brother. Each year the same trend seems to be followed. September and October roll around and the season begins to change. The trees color turn light red and yellow as they begin to loose their leaves.... [tags: Descriptive Holiday]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- The Mockingbirds in Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Practices and History of Zoroastrianism
- The Significance of the Scaffold Scenes in Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter
- The Violence of Dante's Inferno
- The Controversy Over the Medicinal Use of Marijuana (missing closing paragraph)
- Webpage Design- Proposed Website to Serve as a Resource for Students Who Study Abroad