When I first set foot into the church I was greeted with such grace and love; you can see the happiness that some of these christians live in with just their smile. I was handed a flier with the scheduled times for the worship, preaching, offering, and closing. They started off their service with worship. They have members from the church playing instruments, singing, dancing, and waving flags. For this being my first time a church I was pretty shock on how good someone could feel because of all the great vibes christian give off. The singing and instrument playing was outstanding, it almost felt as if I was at a live concert. Every single singer up on stage put all their soul into singing because they aren 't singing for anyone, they 're singing for their savior stated the pastor after the worship ended. The dancing occurred during some of the songs. The dancing was spectacular they had flags and tambourines in their hands as they danced. The danc...
... middle of paper ...
...because he’s the rock of his disciples. The second photograph I took is a sculpture of Jesus and his mother Mary. They both seem to be sad because Jesus is about to experience his death on a crucifix. Lastly, Is a photo I took of a painting called The Crucifixion with Saints and Donors. This photograph shows Jesus already nailed to the cross surrounded by what is says to be saints and donors.
My experience to these places was a pretty great experience. Everyone at church was so kind to me and treated me as if they knew me for years. The sermon was great because you can relate to the message so much. The youth group is a great place for high school students to attend because the message that are given is spoken and explained at their grade level. Lastly, the museum was a great place to look for amazing works of art made by artists inspired by the Christian religion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are several ethical teachings in Christianity and Islam that instruct Christians and Muslims on how they should act in everyday life. These ethical teachings often require the members of each religion to give generously to the welfare of those in need. This essay will prove that both Islam and Christianity have ethical teachings that instruct people to give to the needy. This will be proved by first defining what an ethical guideline or teaching is, by looking at the Islamic ethical guidelines that instruct Muslims to help those in need and finally through analysing the Christian ethical guidelines that teach Christians to contribute to the welfare of those in need.... [tags: Ethics, Christianity, Islam, ]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Human Rights has evolve ever time to a more complex concept; at the same time Christianity as one of the major religions has as well grown, expand and become more complex. Originally the concept of human right aboard the ideas of life, liberty, security, freedom of religion, opinion and the right to assembly; and from here it was grown. A fundamental issue regarding human rights and religion is whether the disclose of human rights is appropriated connected to religion itself, but in Christianity; Christians theologies had show and study how Christianity has help and shape what we know as human rights.... [tags: religious beliefs, teachings and tradition]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Christianity, a Monotheistic religion based on the life and teaching of Jesus Christ, is today one of the world’s largest religions. The foundation of Christianity is based on a Jewish belief that there is only one god and he created the heavens and earth. The Christian faith is the experience of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ by accepting his teachings and following his ways. As Christianity is today separated trough different churches, they follow the same teaching, that Jesus Christ is their savior.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Bible, God]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Heaven can be defined as; “the place where God lives and where good people go after they die according to certain religions,” Hell can be interpreted as the opposite in which is a place where the devil resides and where evil people go after they pass on to the next life. Across various religions these two places are more than just definitions, each culture has a different representation of each. Throughout the world the main organized religions include; Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, and Buddhism.... [tags: Religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Religion is the belief and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or Gods. Overtime, the Middle East plays a significant role in a historical region where it served as the birthplace for a lot of cultures and religions such as Christianity and Islamic. As time pass both religions had an impact over the course of history. However, Christianity and Islam had their similarities and differences between the two religions. The difference is Christians has three forms of God which are the father, son and the holy spirit.... [tags: God, Christianity, Qur'an, Trinity]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Religion, also known as accepted schizophrenia, is a major part of societies across the globe and has played an enormous role in the history of humanity. Unfortunately, there is not just one religion. Due to the fact that religion exists off of mere belief and no evidence, there are many religions. Religions range from being massively accepted by billions across the globe to religions that are only there to satirize religion. Major religions such as Christianity, Islam, and Buddhism have an enormous influence on the world.... [tags: Christianity, Islam, God, Buddhism]
1870 words (5.3 pages)
- 1 Islam, Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity Islam is one of the fastest growing religions on the planet. ?Along with Christianity, Buddhism and Judaism, Islam makes us the big four. ?I would like for you to use the resources in this week 's unit to discuss similarities between Islam and the other four religions I mentioned here. ?In your discussion, I want you to highlight major differences and major similarities. You can compare Islam to all three of the others, or just one. In order for the comparison to be made between Islam and any other religion, we first have got to understand what Islam is and where it came from.... [tags: Islam, Middle East, Abraham, Christianity]
713 words (2 pages)
- The Teachings of Christianity on the Sanctity of Life in Realtion to Abortion Abortion is one of the most controversial topics faced by the world today. The number of abortions has doubled from 1971 to 1991, 100,000 abortions to 200,000 abortions. 500 abortions a day, 1 abortion in 3 women. This is still rising. In this piece of writing I will try to explain the different views on abortion based on the teachings of Christianity about the Sanctity of Life. First of all there is the Absolutist view where abortion is seen as evil and always wrong.... [tags: Papers]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- Religion is a fundamental element of human society. It is what binds a country, society or group of individuals together. However, in some instances it destroys unity amoungst these. Religion is a belief in a superhuman entity(s) which control(s) the universe. Every religion has its differences but most strive for a just life and the right morals. The three major groups are the primal regions which consist of African, Aboriginal and Native American religions, Asian which consist of South Eastern Asian religions and Abrahamic religions which consist of Middle Eastern religions.... [tags: Comparison Religion Buddhism Christianity]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Christianity religion was founded in Palestine by the followers of Jesus. One of the world’s major religions, it predominates in Europe and the Americas, where it has been a powerful historical force and cultural influence, but it also claims adherents in virtually every country of the world. Central Beliefs The central teachings of traditional Christianity are that Jesus is the Son of God, the second person of the Trinity of God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In Latin Trinity is define as threefoldness, fundamental doctrine in Christianity, by which God is considered as existing in three persons.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1631 words (4.7 pages)