Deciphering what Gods plan for my life has always been hard. I have full intentions to be attentive to Gods calling, however I don’t always know exactly what that entails. I applied to five different Christian colleges throughout Southern California, and Concordia was in my top three. Concordia’s small class sizes along with the total population of the school made me feel so welcomed, comfortable and, valued. The Irvine area is beautiful, and the scenery of the campus is flawless. While touring and spending the night here, I was introduced to the wonders of this school, such as fusion, screaming eagles, shout, and of course the dorms. I was ecstatic throughout the entire seniors preview day because in my eyes this school had all the resources and outlets I wanted, but the real question was, is this where God wants me. I wrestled with this concept and spent time in prayer trying to understand if this is what God had planned for my...
... middle of paper ...
...t will cultivate you and push you to achieve greatness. From the classroom to chapel they incorporate Christ love and his call for our lives. I appreciate how this campus immediately invites you to be a part of their journey. Despite how intimidating we interpret college to be Concordia shatters all of those fears. Concordia is also a place for new beginnings and new opportunities, it opens a variety of doors that lead to multiple possibilities. I am beyond blessed that God has allowed me to continue his will for my life here at Concordia. I am a firm believer that a person needs to be attentive to Gods calling and purpose for their life. In Matthew we hear the Great Commission that call us as believers to make disciples. Concordia University is doing just that, and it is comforting to know that this university is taking its instructions straight from Gods holy book.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The process of choosing the right college is not something to be taken lightly. The next four years of your life should be somewhere where you can thrive. So often people disregard the idea of college, and can’t grasp the concept that this next step in your life is not only exciting but frightening. This isn’t like going to Starbucks and spending a half hour ordering a drink that will only last you an hour, this decision has a direct impact on your future. The fact of the matter is that college isn’t about which school has the cutest boys, best parties, and easiest courses, rather the one that will push your mind to think in new ways.... [tags: College, High school, Irvine, California]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- It's no secret that choosing the right college major will be an important decision students make during their academic lives. And with tough economic times and enormous amounts of debt to deal with, students have never been more worried about which major to choose, and it seems like college-related pressure has never been greater. Though economic realities can be discouraging, student decisions regarding which major to choose usually should not be affected by economic conditions. What students will need to consider is what they are interested in, what field of study they would succeed in, and their debt situation.... [tags: stem, professonal, gradation]
706 words (2 pages)
- A student sifts through stacks of once enticing, but now monotonous mail. They all seem to have the same message, pleading with the student to consider attending their school. The letters outline details about certain features the school has that may make them stand out among the crowd. Most of the schools are ones that the student has never even heard of. The student, tired of looking through these boring letters, decides to go online and look at some of the colleges that caught their eye. A student and his parents sit across from each other at the dining room table.... [tags: Informative, College Life]
2089 words (6 pages)
- ... I downloaded the game and I enjoyed the graphic of the game and the unique playing style. He worked for the Riot Company in the LA, and he is a professional graphic designer to me. After watching this video three times, I was amazed and I felt that this is my thing. I want it. The video inspired and directed me to my future career path. Both of my parents are blue-collar workers. My father did not go to middle school and my mother did not finish her middle school education. My father always wanted me to get a white-collar job, someone who worked in an office and got paid well and paid constantly.... [tags: college life]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Deciding to go to college was an easy decision. The three main reasons that initially motivated me to make that decision are my kids, the fact I have been divorced twice, and last but not least being tired of helping everyone and watching them get somewhere as I sit still. My children are the reason why I live, why I do everything that I do. I couldn’t get though all of what I have if it was not for my sons. On the worse day I can smile seeing my youngest smile at me. Watching my twelve year old on the computer reading about WWII is amazing.... [tags: English-language films, 2008 albums, Motivation]
705 words (2 pages)
- Look into the future Students every year are looking for a place of higher collegiate education. What ideas do they use to choose the college that is right for them. What should potential college students consider when choosing a college. Students must take into account the admission standards, tuition, academic standards for the specific study of choice, where they plan to live, and the overall graduation rates. Northern Illinois University and Eastern Illinois University are both compelling, but yet hold differences than a potential student may realize; however I should attend Eastern Illinois University for a collegiate education for its excellent overall performance as a university.... [tags: College, University, Illinois]
1965 words (5.6 pages)
- In life people are asked to make decisions that could potentially affect them for the rest of their time on earth. Decisions affect every part of you mentally, emotionally, and physically. A major time in a life to make decisions is senior year of high school. Students not only have to worry about making the grades and keeping up with the extracurricular activities, they have to worry about college. College is a stressful topic for almost any senior in high school. The decisions the students make now could be life changing.... [tags: High school, College, Independent school]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- I have very many passions in life, but the three I am most invested in are old bones, old books, and murder mysteries. If I had to pick a word to describe myself, it would be “curious”. I am curious about life, about death, and what I’m most curious about is the question: Why study anthropology. By December, I wish to be able to answer this question and justify it, so that I can be confident in my decision of choosing anthropology. Anthropology has been a subject that I have been interested in since I was a child.... [tags: Pathology, Forensic pathology, Biology]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- One of the most stressful parts of college life is not the tests, quizzes, practical, or classes, but the never ending pressure one faces when they have to decide on their next semester’s rooming situations. Questions such as “Who should I room with. [or] Where should we room,” haunt each student throughout the year. It is a difficult thing to cover, and occasionally feelings get hurt, but it is your right to pick with who you want to live with. It is also a decision you will have to live with for the rest of the year.... [tags: informational essay]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Explore Your Career Options – How to Choose the Right Career Path After High School Although some high school students think they are too young to think about a career in the future, the opposite is true. High school is the time when a student should start looking at different options to plan for what comes after high school. For many high school students, trying to choose the right career path after high school is a daunting task. Should I go to college. Should I skip college and find a job right away.... [tags: High school, College, Massage, Technicians]
1298 words (3.7 pages)