My mother had fooled my sisters and me into believing that this was a family vacation even though there was much more to it. Although for a small person she does carry a ginormous heart and kind soul. From the moment I remember recognizing her face for the first time, she has always looked the same as if she never aged. Her beautiful charcoal black eyes have such a penetrating effect as soon as I look into them, and her soft scent and caramel skin are definitely her most outstanding aspects. To make a long story short, I had to witness my mom sacrifice her life and safety for ours, and for a better future. I remember waking up the night before we were supposed to cross t...
... middle of paper ...
...will have pictured in my mind everlastingly. Everything got harder after this, from trying to communicate with other kids at school and trying to accommodate to our new lifestyle. I never prepared for this, for a new start in an unknown place. I never gave up though nor did I lose hope, I learned that our times of struggle are the avenue to realizing our full potential and having my mom go through what she did for us made me realize how a person sacrifices themselves and what they have such as our life in Mexico for a better life here, a greater future. The fact that we left everything we had behind for a greater future, and up to this day I have lived by that, and I have learned to stick to my word, to better myself when a great opportunity comes and never take those for granted. I am the person who I am today, thanks to my mother and to what she has taught me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For millions of years dogs have remained a constant companion of man. Bred from the aggressive and formidable Gray Wolf tens of thousands of years ago the domestic dog now lives in many homes across the world. Where in the far distant past the domestic dog was bred as a guard animal, a beast of burden, and even a food source the dogs of today are bred for a far more endearing purpose-companionship and love. Finding a pet dog that is more of a joy than a chore is necessary when asking: How much is that puppy in the window.... [tags: Animal Research ]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Choosing the best school to further my education past high school was not a difficult decision for me. I applied to only two schools, both in state, both bigger schools, and both big in football. Although I got accepted into both, the University of Alabama offered me large scholarships, and my boyfriend and two best friends were going there as well. All in all, the decision was not a hard one to make. In November of 2015 I had declared my choice in the University of Alabama, and August of 2016 I had moved in.... [tags: High school, Sleep, Friendship, College]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Relational practice is getting to know the client as an individual and choosing the best plan of care. Nurses are very busy and workload is heavy so sometimes it is difficult to have a relational practice with clients. I find that is easier when doing home visits to get to know clients better. They are more comfortable in their own environment and more open to give information about themselves and engage in a plan of care that better suits them. This practise develops trust between the client and nurse 75 Use ethical reasoning and decision making process to address situations of ethical distress and dilemmas.... [tags: Decision making, Ethics, Health care, Vaccine]
1928 words (5.5 pages)
- Family Literacy: Respecting Family Ways Throughout history, the family has been the primary source for learning. Before the advent of schools, children were taught at home by their parents, older siblings, grandparents, and/or other relatives. With the introduction of formal schooling, the teaching of values, cultural practices, and skills such as cooking, sewing, farming, and trapping continued to originate in the home. Today, in spite of the vast public and private educational systems, some parents are choosing to teach their children at home, confident in their belief that teaching in the context of family is the best way to ensure the learning the desire.... [tags: Family Role Education Educational Essays]
1961 words (5.6 pages)
- Many people may think of relationships as girlfriend and boyfriend or husband and wife but there are many more forms in our lives. People share various forms of relationships in their life with family, friends, and even relations in the business place. Most times the relations that we share are taken for granted and people do not see the value that it holds. Have you ever thought about where you may be in life if you didn’t have support and love from the ones you care about. Relationships are built on a foundation of all different kinds of love but the effort that is put in determines the bond and connection that you share with Gods’ living creations.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Family]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Family of Origin: The actual first stage of the family life cycle is the family of origin experiences. During this phase the main task are building of a solid foundation, and maintaining relationships with parents, siblings, and peers. The family of origin is basically the family you grew up in, which is the center of what shapes who we are. A healthy family of origin exhibits a strong foundation that will be the center piece of that family unit. If effective the family will have a strong sense of togetherness, communication, separateness, and connectedness.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Marriage]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Recent changes within society have caused an increase in different formations of families that have been described as ‘families in flux’ (Giddens, 1992). A family is a group of people who are related by kinship ties, such as, relations of blood, marriage, adoption or a cohabiting couple (Allan and Crow, 2001). However, due to the ongoing changes within families and society, there are conflicting opinions of the best way to reflect the diverse forms that this human social grouping can take (McKie and Callan, 2012).... [tags: Family, Marriage, Sociology, Nuclear family]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- A typical six-year-olds biggest decision is choosing their own outfit, while mine was choosing which house I’d rather stay at. I was too young to understand the true meaning of what a divorce was. I actually can’t recall a time when my parents lived together, even though I have a few pictures to prove it. Because they did decide to separate early, I just remember the big question, “Who would you like to stay with?” My parents looked me in the eyes very intensely waiting for my response. I could see the happiness in my mothers’ eyes as I wouldn’t hesitate to say “Mommy”, while my Dad was not phased by my response.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Parent]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- In this section, the steps and considerations for selecting a suitable database are outlined and explained. These considerations have been developed by professionals through decades of research, implementation and first-hand experience. While they are not a fully set list of considerations, they are widely accepted as relevant and crucial to the developmental process. There are a number of important decisions that are needed when deciding on a suitable database. 1. Choosing the Database Model – Relational or Object etc.... [tags: operating system,dbms, network database]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Choosing the Right Vehicle Choosing a car these days can be a hassle. There are so many advertisements in the automobile industry trying to get you to but their vehicle. You end up choosing a vehicle with a catchy advertising jingle or phrase. Then later come to realize you are not satisfied with your decision, because of your lack of patience and lack to do any type of research on the vehicles of interest. Many times you end up limiting yourself to only a few selections. Then make your decision based on a familiar vehicle name rather than what type of vehicle suits you best.... [tags: essays research papers]
760 words (2.2 pages)