Choosing the Best Folding Knife
Many people firmly believe that you should never go anywhere without a handy folding knife. There's not doubt that folding knives can be extremely useful in both emergency situations and everyday occurrences, but you will need to know how to choose the best folding knife for your needs in order to ensure that it has durability, usability, a sharp blade and more.
How Many Blades or Optional Tools?
Knives some in so many styles, designs and types today that it can be confusing to know which one you should need. Focusing on how many blades or tools you will need on your knife should be the first aspect to think about.
The most common and traditional form of folding knife is the single-blade knife. Single-blade knives are typically stronger and more durable than multi-blade knives since they focus their entire design on one blade instead of several blades or tools. They also usually have spring loaded opening mechanisms to allow users to easily open them at a moment's notice. The one major drawback to single-blade knives it that they're not as versatile as knives with tools or multiple blades, but it is still useful for everyday matters and emergencies.
Multi-blade knives are useful for people who may intend to use the knife for a wide range of purposes. The smaller knives can fit in tight spaces or be used as makeshift screwdrivers while the larger blades can be used for cutting small branches, cutting meat, carving and more. While these knives are more versatile than single-blade knives, they don't have as much durability and strength in the design or blades.
Swiss-Army or Multi-Tool Knives
These knives are the most vers...
... middle of paper ...
...t's generally seen as beneficial because they are more resistant to the wear and tear of frequent use. They're resistant to rust and water damage, and they're easy to sharpen. However, they lose their edge quite frequently. Despite the name, stainless steel is actually susceptible to stains.
Carbon blades are tougher than stainless steel, but they are highly susceptible to rust and stains. They're also more difficult to sharpen, but they don't dull nearly as easily as stainless steel.
While there are many factors in choosing the best folding knife, what is right for you really depends on your preferences and your intentions for the knife's use. Compare various knives to really get a good understanding of what you're looking for in a folding knife, and remember that quality is one of the most important factors in your decision.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- People want a good folding knife for various reasons. Some people want to use it as a handy tool for every day use, others want to use it outdoors for hunting and camping, others want to have it for emergency purposes, but a common reason that people buy knives is to use them for self-defense and survival. For this purpose, you'll need a strong and reliable tactical folding knife. Since the word “tactical” seems to get thrown around quite often when it comes to knives and there are so many knives to choose from, it can be difficult to find the best tactical knife for you.... [tags: melee weapons]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- ... This is especially true for people who wish to take advantage of the accuracy of the clip point for use in carving or anyone using the knife for hunting purposes. The straight-edge blade will be useful for many purposes both in everyday occurrences and outdoor use, but the lack of a sawing ability makes it less useful for certain survival purposes and cutting through particularly tough materials. <h3>Victorinox Swiss Army SwissChamp Pocket Knife</h3> If you're looking for variety in your folding knife, look no further than the Victorinox SwissChamp Swiss Army knife.... [tags: hunting, knives, purpose, handle]
1059 words (3 pages)
- ... <h3>Aluminum</h3> Aluminum is also a fairly common choice for cookware as it's a fairly cheap metal. The main benefit of aluminum cookware is that it has great heat conduction and makes a very even temperature across the entire pan to evenly cook many foods. The negative side to this is that aluminum is a very soft metal, and cookware made of aluminum tends to scratch and dent extremely easily. <h3>Copper</h3> Copper is on the expensive end of the cookware spectrum. It is commonly used by professional chefs as it not only looks wonderful, but it also has great and even heat conductivity.... [tags: Durability, Price, Kitchen]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Choosing the best for our family has been my mother’s top priority all her life even though that meant sacrificing her needs for ours. From leaving my father when we were young to bringing us to a new country, a completely different world rom what we all knew, she has unfailingly managed to be strong for my sisters and I. In all honesty, I never really understood or agreed with some of the decisions she made, but I knew she would never do anything to harm us in any way. Living in Mexico our whole life and making a big transition to the United States was not easy either.... [tags: Family, Debut albums, Mother, Father]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- There's no denying that it's a dangerous world out there. While it's not a good idea to become paranoid, it's always a good idea to be prepared. That is why stun guns have become a popular self-defense choice for many people. Stun guns work by using electromagnetic impulses to hinder the workings of the attacker's muscles and nerves. When a stun gun hits the attacker, a sudden jolt of pain will surge through their body and the electromagnetic pulses will render the attacker paralyzed for a few moments.... [tags: self-defense choices]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Introduction to Choosing the Best Communication Channel The ideas and definitions presented are summarized from the textbook, Canadian Organizational Behavior, written by Steven L. McShane and Sandra L. Steen (McShane and Steen, 2012). Without understanding and using effective communication, a company would fall apart and be unable to survive. Communication is defined as, “the process by which information is transmitted and understood between two or more people” (McShane and Steen, 2012). The key part of the definition is that the communication is understood.... [tags: organizational behavior, technology]
1856 words (5.3 pages)
- A Little Goes a Long Way There are a lot of things to consider when choosing to invest in something such as a computer. Things like size, colour, and company name are all things one might consider. A major component in choosing which computer to buy is also price. People will want to get the best quality laptop for the least amount of money they have to invest in it. When a customer buys a computer, they expect that they are getting the best deal from their provider. However, some companies may choose to sell the computers for a higher price than they need to be.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Moral, Value]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Choosing the Best Delivery Method: On Vaginal Birth after Cesarean Many pregnant women who have already received a cesarean section or c-section in today’s society are faced with an important decision; should they have another c-section or attempt a vaginal birth after cesarean. Over the past century alone, culture’s view on vaginal birth after cesarean or VBAC has changed drastically. When VBAC first became available, many people considered the mothers who would attempt such a thing as crazy because they thought that VBAC was too dangerous for babies.... [tags: Childbirth, Caesarean section, Obstetrics]
1802 words (5.1 pages)
- <h1>Choosing the Best IWB Holster</h1> Just as taking the time out to choose the right gun for you is important, it's just as important to choose the best IWB holster for your needs. IWB holsters or inside the waistband holsters provide users with a quick and easy way of carrying their firearms in a concealed manner in a position that is easy to draw from. There are numerous variables involved in selecting the right holster, but you can find a great IWB holster as long as you follow some key guidelines.... [tags: gun belts, weapon ammenities]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Choosing the best fit depends on many factors, but keys to look for in potential vendors include whether they work well with internal teams and are willing to involve them deeply in the development process. This will ensure that the staff can take over after the platform build with a good working knowledge of how everything works. The vendor should specialize in customizations and integrations because these are critical in today 's rapidly evolving business markets where small conveniences and better user experiences more often determine where customers go to buy products than the traditional B2B monitors like pricing, brand loyalty and personal relationships with a company or members of its... [tags: Team, Project management, Management, Company]
767 words (2.2 pages)