A suitable color scheme for your business website is important to create branding coherent to all marketing avenues. Choosing colors without careful planning, can hurt your business. It can affect brand recognition and credibility, making the business less competitive in the market. This is why you should be careful in picking the colors that would represent your website.
A wise businessman would choose a color scheme carefully so as to not damage his brand. If you are confused on what you should do, here are some tips to follow:
Branding gives a business a competitive edge against the increasing number of competitors. It suggests what you are as a company, and how you want customers to perceive your business. Every element of a company, including a website, are factors in building a great brand. Knowing how to use them to your advantage can help you business succeed no matter which sales platform you choose.
Know Your Website 's Purpose
Write down the purpose of your website to help you decide what color scheme to pick. It doesn 't have to exactly be the same with your business goals, but it has to coincide for coherent branding. Anchored to your goals, pick the colors that suits your objective. For example, you website 's goals is to attract business investors so, color black, gray, and other subdued hues can be used for a business, pr formal look. On the other hand, if your goal is to be depicted as happy and people-focused business, colors yellow and orange by be used.
Use Color Psychology
Colors are easily attributed to people 's emotions. However, there are only few studies that proves that colors can affect people 's emotions. Actually, ...
... middle of paper ...
...ur site can cater to people with color blindness, reduced vision or clinical blindness.
Control the color mixes using a color wheel and the tool will give you sample websites that use the same palettes. This tool is perfect for monitoring competitors to stand out and improve brand recognition
If you decided to use the colors of your company logo, but can 't remember its exact color codes, Pictaculous can help you. Just upload the photo and it will pull out the colors you need for you website.
Picking a color scheme is difficult because it can make or break your brand 's step towards online marketing and sales. Remember, a color holds strong power on consumer 's decision making, so you have to be careful in choosing which color scheme to use for your website.
The tips above can help you snap out of confusion and push your business to success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- L’Oreal’s ad only shows three colors in the page that is black, white, and lavender. The color scheme in any commercial ad is very important since the two contrasting colors will help make products stand out and appear more unique and enticing to consumers. The lavender color L’Oreal chose represents a sense of femininity and indicates that the ad is focused and targeted only towards women. The lavender symbolizes a woman’s femininity and royalty. On a black and white background, the lavender will be the only splash of color that will capture the consumers’ eye.... [tags: feminine, power, sex appeal]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- Couple of years ago my brother told me about this good samaritan in his class that inroduced him to a job that can yeild millions in no time. Thos class mate “good samaritan” explain this job as a program rather than an everyday job. He claims you are enrolled by investing a small amount in the program then you become a recruiting agent for the program, the new investors also invest in this great program and whoever recruited the new recruiter gets a share of the investment. As a fresh graduate this sounded great but as an Accounting Major it rang too many illegalities and fraud, I just couldn’t phantom it.... [tags: Ponzi scheme, Bernard Madoff, Fraud]
1770 words (5.1 pages)
- Blogger vs. WordPress the Winner Revealed There are so many website hosting platforms and websites available on the internet for blogging purposes and many others. Two very eminent names which come to mind when it comes to blog hosting is Blogger and WordPress. Since newbies find it very difficult as to which of these two to choose, it is very imperative for everybody who would love to own a blog get know the differences in features that they both share and have. They both have some features which clearly differentiate them and clearly make one win when it comes to which of them is the best.... [tags: Blog, Blogger, Website, Pyra Labs]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- The case that was provided in the Stanwick textbook provided information on the Madoff Ponzi scheme which is said to be the largest of Ponzi schemes in the world. This case was a very interesting case. It showed how Bernard Madoffs massive falsehood created disaster for around 13,600 clients. The impact from Madoff did not end with his clients being impacted but also people far and in between. Madoffs Ponzi scheme was controlled through his company that consisted of his family being the head of the company, friends, and employees.... [tags: Bernard Madoff, Ponzi scheme]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Madoff’s Scheme “The Whole Government is a Ponzi Scheme” is a quote by Bernard “Bernie” Madoff who was said to have ran the largest Ponzi Scheme in the U.S. Madoff was 71 years old when he was caught for running a Ponzi Scheme. He ran a family business and through that he ran his Ponzi Scheme. He told no one until 10 years after his family business took off. Madoff’s was quite successful in his life, before he made his mistake. His Ponzi Scheme hurt many people who invested in the company, not knowing that it was a swindle all along.... [tags: Ponzi scheme, Bernard Madoff, Charles Ponzi]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Research shows that different colors are associated with different meanings and emotions; therefore, different colored rooms can have a significant effect on someone’s mood. Color can be used to describe everything we see, and most people have a favorite color. Objects and environments are often judged based on color, and different people are attracted to different colors. Many studies demonstrate the associations between color and emotions, and although results vary among individuals, there is still correlation.... [tags: Color theory, Color, Emotion, Red]
997 words (2.8 pages)
- This report gives a critique of The Times Online website using a number of design aspects which include searchability, Navigation, usability, design, interactivity and content. The main problems identified in the website include a mixture of main content with advertisement content, too long pages and some of the images appearing to be quite blurred. The recommendations for redesign include separating advertisement content from the main content by placing it on top of the page just before the logo, shortening the pages and using hyperlinks to get to various sections and using high resolution images on the site.... [tags: the times, navigation, website]
2018 words (5.8 pages)
- ANALYSIS Pact for travel website Our approach to design is an important part of the site interactive e-tourism , is that they focus on the user as possible. Benyon et al (2005) recognize the PACT ( people, things , and the context , and technology ) , and think of it as a case of designing an interactive system , a useful framework . We believe that the implementation of PACT analysis will be useful for the analysis and design activities , and can be seen from the understanding of the current situation in the improvement possible in future cases .... [tags: analysis, design, website]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Critique of a Website Web sites are just like magazines, newspapers, brochures, menus, or even directions on how to make nitroglycerin from house-hold goods, in that they all have to be put together in such a manner that whoever is reading or browsing over it will be able to clearly distinguish this from that. In this sense, a critique of any particular web site will have justification, while carefully considering also that this is an altogether new medium of information exchange. Now, all of this talk of togetherness is actually a general reference to basic design principles, such as color coordination, if color is used, text size, font choice/ style, art integration, accessibility, and j... [tags: Website Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Color Blindness Many people refer to problems with one’s ability to see color as color blindness, however, unless a person can’t see any color at all, color vision problems should be called by another term. Common terms are abnormal color vision, color deficiency and color vision confusion. Females maybe be effected by color blindness, but usually they are just carriers. Males are more often affected. About 8% of males and 0.5% of females are effected by color blindness. Although color blindness may be a result of another eye disorder, the majority of color blind cases are hereditary and present at birth.... [tags: Abnormal Color Vision Color Deficiency]
741 words (2.1 pages)