Nov 19, 2001, Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio Texas my academic instructors would talk briefly on the topic of attending college. Since our first job was to understand the basics of the military. After a few months of training, I got assigned to Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany. During my time there the importance of attending school would become apparent. My supervisor took me to the education center encouraging me enroll in a college. The problem I faced was choices; at this online schools were a popular option, this limited my choices of schools. Being discouraged from the lack of options, I would delay my enrollment in a univer...
... middle of paper ...
...ol, I attended they would challenge me. I have learned more in the four months at Excelsior than the year and a half I attending another college. I know upon graduating from this school, my next employer will be aware that I participated in a school that challenges the student, not one that takes your money while delivering a sub-par education.
I hope this article will help you avoid the same mistakes I made when it comes to picking a school. Start off by knowing the difference between for-profit and non-profit, regionally accredited and nationally credit. When you understand the difference, read reviews into the school of your choosing, looking for the resources they provide or anything else you may want out of a school. Before finalizing your choice I challenge you to ask yourself one question, what value will this school add when it comes to finding a job.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Choosing a major is the hardest thing to do its very rare that you think about a certain career and you stick to it till the end. However a lot of people change majors like if they were changing the trains or the buses because they are uncertain about what they want do and achieve in life, but not for me i knew exactly what i wanted to do since the day i realized my passion for computers. I am a student at Laguardia Community College currently majoring in Computer operations more specifically Networking and security.... [tags: career, university, computer]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- In recent years, college students nationwide are protesting for various causes they strongly believe in. There are peaceful and violent protests that include hunger strikes and rioting that catch the attention of the media and its viewers that follow the events. Regardless of the method the students are using the focus is that their message comes out across loud and clear. Most recently the incidents that took place at the University of Missouri on the topic of race are wildly discussed and reviewed by all.... [tags: University, Student, Protest, Education]
1385 words (4 pages)
- College students who have the opportunity to attend a university rather than a community college will find that the process of making friends is an easier one. Making friends while being in college has many factors strung a lot with it. Universities present a bigger opportunity of creating lasting friendships by providing more of a social life with dorm room living, greater social events and lounges for students to hangout at all through the day. The process of making a friend is a very unique one, and it does not come easy to everyone.... [tags: College, University, Higher education, Dormitory]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- Graduating from high school is a huge achievement. Senior year is when all the important decisions had to be made, including whether to attend college or not. The next major choice I had to make as a high school student was selecting a college to attend. There are a variety of factors that finfluenced the final decision. Some of these factors included financial aid, reputation , college experience and college size. Choosing acceptance to Case Western Reserve University was a better choice compared to The Ohio State University.... [tags: compare and contrast]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Students all over the world go to university for many different reasons. Some are going the career path route and others want the experience that schools have to offer. Either way, a university education should be one that is reliable and will teach many things. Some argue that universities in America are not doing their job of exposing the student to the outside world and are making it difficult for students to achieve their goals. A university education should provide the structure and knowledge that students need to succeed later in life.... [tags: University, Student, College, Education]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- The process of choosing the right college is not a decision to be taken lightly. The next four years of your life should be at a place where you can thrive. So often people disregard the idea of college, and can’t grasp the concept that this next step in your life is not only exciting but frightening. This isn’t like going to Starbucks and spending a half hour ordering a drink that will only last you an hour, this decision has a direct impact on your future. The fact of the matter is that college isn’t about which school has the cutest boys, best parties, and easiest courses, rather the one that will push your mind to think in new ways.... [tags: College, High school, Irvine, California]
1057 words (3 pages)
- The process of choosing the right college is not something to be taken lightly. The next four years of your life should be somewhere where you can thrive. So often people disregard the idea of college, and can’t grasp the concept that this next step in your life is not only exciting but frightening. This isn’t like going to Starbucks and spending a half hour ordering a drink that will only last you an hour, this decision has a direct impact on your future. The fact of the matter is that college isn’t about which school has the cutest boys, best parties, and easiest courses, rather the one that will push your mind to think in new ways.... [tags: College, High school, Irvine, California]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Euthanasia essentially is an easy and pain free death. The research paper and article, “Support for Voluntary and Nonvoluntary Euthanasia: What Roles Do Conditions of Suffering and the Identity of the Terminally Ill Play?” uses the opinion of the public of Thailand to highlight public policies that should be enacted in various national governments. Though the authors used over generalization of religious and cultural groups through stereotyping and scapegoating, they effectively use the three appeals to illustrate the controversy and complexity of euthanasia, while providing concrete data with a large sample size to have their results discussed generally outside of Thailand, and in the Unite... [tags: Euthanasia, Medical ethics, Death]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- According to a study in California, “about 70 percent of the students often or always feel stressed by their school work, and 56 percent reported often or always worrying about such things as grades, tests, and university acceptance” (Carter). Determining the perfect university has never been an easy step, but we may have to deal with it at some point of our life. High school students are all stressing themselves out to achieve high grades to enter top universities. However, choosing the right university should not be base on the popularity of the schools or academic reasons.... [tags: location, course availabilty, environment]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- Choosing A Website Color Scheme Without Hurting Your Brand A suitable color scheme for your business website is important to create branding coherent to all marketing avenues. Choosing colors without careful planning, can hurt your business. It can affect brand recognition and credibility, making the business less competitive in the market. This is why you should be careful in picking the colors that would represent your website. A wise businessman would choose a color scheme carefully so as to not damage his brand.... [tags: Color, Color wheel, Color theory, Color scheme]
1035 words (3 pages)