A Veterinarian tends to the healthcare needs of animals including a wide range of animals, depending on what size animals you choose to work with. If I were to become a veterinarian, I would be able to help so many animals by giving them things like medicine or performing a life saving surgery. In order to become a veterinarian you have to earn a doctor of veterinary medicine degree and also a bachelors degree would help my employment but is not actually necessary to become a vet. I am also required to take and pass the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam in order to receive a mandatory license. In order to become a successful veterinarian you have to have a passion for animals, you need good decision making skills to decide what treatments you need, and good interpersonal skills to communicate with the owner and staff etc, and manual dexterity and strong problem solving skills. The job outlook is supposed to be positive and is predicted to experience faster job growth, through 2020, than most other occupations that require at least a masters degree. The median hourly earning in 2011 was $39.86 and annual earning was $82,900. Becoming a veterinarian is by far not going to be easy, but the time, effort, and dedication that it will take will be worth it because I will be saving the lives or ending the suffering of c...
... middle of paper ...
... business as a veterinarian and if it becomes successful I can start an animal rescue with the money I make while working as a vet. I could work with rescue organizations to help them with sick animals or for checkups and vaccinations that are needed. As a veterinarian that could possibly start up a rescue would be the better way to go because I could save more animal lives. this would also help other people who love animals because i could let them foster some animals if they please therefore saving even more lives while giving the animals the attention the need. There is a chance that this may not work out but I have plans for the future and you can bet that I will work my heart out until my dream of saving millions of animals comes true. For me, there is no need to choose because I know that if I put my best effort in I can make both careers happen successfully.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- You’re on vacation with eight of your closest teenage girl friends and are staying in a cabin house at the mountains. It’ the middle of the night, you’re sleeping soundly in your bunk, suddenly you hear noise outside of your window. You begin to panic, yet you don’t want to wake anybody up, convincing yourself it’s nothing you fall back asleep. Plenty of minutes later you hear a louder noise and decide to look outside your window, little did you know a six-foot black bear would be staring you down.... [tags: Wildlife Educator, Steve Irwin]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- Veterinarians are remarkably important for the health and overall well being of all animals (Cohn). Veterinary practices involve high paying jobs that positively help change the fate of ill animals and create a better life for them altogether (Moore). While this career significantly helps benefit both animals and their caregivers, there are many individuals who believe that there are far more consequences than benefits for the veterinarian alone. Skin diseases are unfortunate illness that many veterinarians experience, primarily caused by their practices (Bulcke).... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinarian, Employment]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Understand influences on dietary intake and nutritional health Health factors- In this section they talk about the diet of people that are healthy. However in some cases there is a lot of underlying of health conditions that result to any nutrient needs, this implies that what individuals could or could not eat. In this case it is really important that individuals have a healthy diet and that they have enough nutrient. Diabetes mellitus s a type of condition when your hormones is not being processed by the pancreas or its not it is not being used properly by the body.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Health, Allergy]
2417 words (6.9 pages)
- According to Business News and Financial News, Veterinarian is one of the twentieth best careers, and the twelfth best health care job to obtain. One reason why this particular career is so popular is because there is a large hiring demand. It is also ranked high for the level of stress level and work life balance, salary, and employment rate (“The 100 Best Jobs”). The above facts are the reasons why this is a career that I can see myself pursuing in the future. Being in the Veterinary Medicine career comes with a great deal of responsibilities, benefits, negative aspects, and an excessive amount of schooling.... [tags: history, medicine, animals]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Going through 2 or 4 years more of school will help when going to veterinary school. The next step to complete is veterinary school, when completing veterinary school it’s a good idea to have a full bachelor of science. When you get the Bachelor of Science degree it will help you get a good paying job that you would love to do. When going in to school you should pick the courses that you will need to do the job you want. If you do not get the classes that you need for you career then you can get off track and can make it harder for you to get that career.... [tags: sick animals, earnings, experience]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- In 2001, a 54-year-old man lay in the hospital waiting to die. After he had a massive heart attack in 1993, his life was not the same. He was forced to quit his job as a nurse to relieve some of the stress on his heart. Over the years, his condition continued to worsen. Chuck Reynolds went into the hospital in April of 2001 for an evaluation, and on June first the cardiologist told him he was not stable enough to go home. Reynolds was put on a waiting list for a heart transplant. He spent the next three months of his life in a hospital bed attached to machines while the hospital staff struggled to keep his heart beating long enough to receive the transplant.... [tags: research and development projects]
2205 words (6.3 pages)
- One of the most intriguing fields of work is veterinary medicine, and although it may be stressful, hazardous, strenuous, and bittersweet at times it all pays off in the end knowing you’re becoming the voice of many helpless animals. 1Veterinarians are responsible for the health of all sorts of animals in all kinds of places.7 They also help protect humans from diseases that could be transferred from animals to humans such as rabies or salmonella poisoning. Becoming a veterinarian is extremely interesting because there are so many different areas to specialize in like dentistry, zoology, and even orthopedics, and if you become bored with a certain area there is always a new and exciting fi... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinarian, The Animals]
1535 words (4.4 pages)
- A Veterinarian Technician (vet techs) can have a rough life when the job involves saving animals. However the job takes, schooling, commitment, and having passion and love for animals. Being able to work and handle animals is a dream come true; it allows people to see what a pet could do for it’s handler. Maintaining a job that researches certain illnesses and broken bones allows a veterinarian technician to help animals in need. This helps bridge the gap between environment and families all over the world who love animals.... [tags: ethical issues, saving animals]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- As I reflect on the past semester of this class, I can think of multiple things I learned, as well as a few topics I wish we had touched on more. I took this class because I want to be a social worker in a hospital setting and thought it would be to my advantage to learn about the sociology of health. Even though I am not going to become a doctor or a nurse, I learned several things that will help me in the setting of my future job, as well as a better understanding of terms and processes from the patient side of things.... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Health, Sociology]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Abstract The purpose of this assignment is to give a broader insight into the Information Technology field. The field of Computer Programmers will be one of the careers that you will become more familiarized with in this discussion. Although job titles and descriptions may vary depending on the organization, computer programmers are individuals whose main job function is to write programs according to specifications given. These specific instructions are given by software engineers and system analysts.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1954 words (5.6 pages)