Identity is not created based on perfection, it created based one’s qualities and unique choices. If a person follows and try to create an identical identity for themselves to make an ideal identity themselves, it take away their chance of creating their own unique identity. “ the stability, structure, and love of a traditional family seems to afford all of the experience Alicia herself lacked in her upbringing. A traditional family ...
... middle of paper ...
...which leads to splitting “ the contradictions and uncertainties that characterize today 's young women’s lives lead many of them to systematically employ certain unconscious defence to resolve their internal conflicts and anxiety, often to detriment.”(28)
Identity is one most valued thing in our lives and everybody needs an identity. However what kind of identity a person wants is solely depends on that person. A person can choose to go with the given identity by their families, or they can create their own identity. Creating identity is tricky part where often people have misconception about creating identities, which lead to creating a non authentic identity. However one good thing about identity is that a person can change it with their afford. Some people learn from their previous mistakes and try to fix and create a real identity in which they comfortable in.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Choices and types of lifestyle a person chooses help to create a person 's identity. However when the choices and the lifestyle chosen are affected by the various forces, it can create fake identity of that person. In “Selections from “Hard to Get: Twenty-Something Women and the Paradox of Sexual Freedom,” the author Leslie Bell insist that pressure from society and family create a complex situation for young women where they are forced to divide their choices and choose a lifestyle. The author writes about the the uncertainty and lost identities of young women 's.... [tags: English-language films, American films, Identity]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
The Effects Of Poor Lifestyle Choices And Their Effect On The Mental And Physical Health Of College Students
- The Greatest Wealth is Health Almost every college student would acknowledge that life drastically changes once they have graduated from high school and head to college; friends change, attitude changes and even our physical and mental selves transition. Studies suggest about a quarter of students meet the criteria for an anxiety or depressive illness during their college experience while other have shown that almost one quarter of students gained a significant amount of weight during their first semester of college.... [tags: Psychology, Personal life, Education, University]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- Healthy and affordable food choices on the go or even just in the store is a huge and worldwide ongoing problem that of course cannot be fixed overnight. To help start and put one foot forward to improvements in the availability of healthy food options and choices in lower income neighborhoods, we as a community and a whole should do the following. Many different methods could be tried to help improve the problem. This is simply because one method may not work as well as the other. As Denis Waitley says “Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Personal life, Food]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Locally grown food is important for many reasons. It’s much healthier; it doesn’t have such a negative impact on the environment, not to mention it helps create a community when you buy locally. When you produce and buy locally grown food it strengthens the local economy, which leads to more success as a community. When a community is successful it leads to a stronger, closer-knit group, and that will lead to success in all types of forms. The majority of the food I ate in a week was from Canada, saying a lot about my habits and me.... [tags: diet, local, heritage]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- To consume is the ability to use and dispose of goods or services. In modern society, consumption allows individuals to define whom they want to be by creating their own identity through lifestyle choices. This is accomplished through buying goods and services associated with the lifestyle to which they aspire. It is suggested by Bauman that consumption is the dominant feature in shaping our identities (Bauman, 2009, p.27) Whilst walking through any town or city in contemporary Britain, we see many types of different people.... [tags: identity, property, wealth]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Developed countries have industrialized and advanced over the past decades. We have evolved from gathering berries to drive-throughs and from walking up the stairs to taking a ride on an elevator. All of these advancements in society have created “a better world” for the people, but what we often misunderstand is that this dramatic progression in society has brought its own luggage of problems along. This “luggage” contains a variety of deadly conditions known as Lifestyle Diseases. These lifestyle diseases are harmful for your health and will continue affecting future generations if we don’t put a stop to it.... [tags: industrialization and modernization, food]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- Are you fed up of being overweight and are looking for ways to start a diet. Are you lost and looking for the best ways to start a diet and live a healthier more balanced life. If so, then congratulations on making the first step of your transformation; deciding that you want to change. Being overweight or obese is highly dangerous since it is one of the leading causes of heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and other lifestyle diseases. Additionally, when you are overweight, it can severely influence how you look and feel about yourself, which can be very damaging to your self-esteem and confidence.... [tags: Nutrition, Dieting, Obesity, Health]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Multiple Choices, What Do To Choose. Choices made have long lasting effects. In life, many choices have to be made. Some are beneficial, and some are detrimental. People have been aware of them for a long time, while for others the information has come to them just recently. Good decision-making is the goal one strives for, producing decisions that will be both helpful and supportive. Exercise, accountability, and life style changes including diet habits can help overcome obesity. Exercise helps to overcome obesity.... [tags: Exercise, Accountability]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- How can we lead a healthy lifestyle. An ever-growing problem in present America is the rise of diabetes and heart diseases. This sad statistic grows every year. Although correlation does not automatically mean causation, it has been scientifically proven and backed that a healthy lifestyle can significantly decrease risk for most known diseases. So, what is a healthy lifestyle. A healthy lifestyle is not solely dependent on eating a certain diet. A wholesome lifestyle consists of eating a well-balanced diet, getting consistent exercise, and learning how to handle the stresses of life.... [tags: Nutrition, Personal life, Weight loss, Health]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- To eat or not to eat. From the day we were born into this world, we have learned to seek food to help fuel our bodies. Deciding on what to eat is just one of the many choices we make every day, but what types of factors influence children in their food choices and preferences. This paper will analyze the prospect of food related advertisements and its influences on the food choices children make and the next steps we can take to approach this issue. Internet and television programming displaying food advertisements negatively affects children’s food choices, as it targets their psychological vulnerability, poor lifestyle and unhealthy food choices represented in advertisements have the abili... [tags: Nutrition, Junk food, Eating, Marketing]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Analysis Of The Poem ' Nervous Conditions '
- The Treatment Of Women During The Middle East Is Barbaric, Unjust And Unthinkable
- Limitations Of Freedom Of Speech
- The Narrative Of The Life Of Frederick Douglass, An American Slave
- The Crucible By Arthur Lee Miller
- My Socialization Started From Before My Birth