Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience about algae being environmentally friendly.
Central Idea: Algae able to fight against the global warming, pollution, and climate change by consuming the polluted gas carbon dioxide (〖CO〗_2), purifying the wastewater and using bio-energy.
Algae able to fight against the global warming, pollution and climate change by consuming polluted gas carbon dioxide (〖CO〗_2) and convert to useful oxygen (O_2).
Algae able to fight against the global warming, pollution and climate change by purifying the wastewater and which lead to produce algae biomass and bio-fuel.
Did you all see something green floating above the lake? Just like when you pass by our FPE building. Did you all notice that there is some green particles attach to the rocks or stones?
The first impressions in my mind are what is that? Is that a type of plant? It seems very dirty, smelly and nausea. Because of my curiosity, I started to find out them.
It is a type organism called alga or algae. We can find algae anywhere like in the water, soil, rock, snow or even a cloud. According to the Google book In Search of Destiny: The Universe and Man written by Robert A. Welcome, algae are not a real plant because they aren’t growing in the ground. Moreover, he had mentioned that about 70,000 species of algae had estimated.
Did you all know that what is the functions of algae? Did algae contribute to human and environment?
Algae being environmentally friendly and are important to our earth. They are able to fight against the global warming, pollution, climate change and others environment problems by consuming the polluted gas carbon dioxide (〖CO〗_2), purifying the wastewater and generating ...
... middle of paper ...
...ate Change: An Encyclopedia of Science and History [ABC-CLIO]. Retrieved from
Welcome, R. A. (2012). In Search of Destiny: The Universe and Man. [AuthorHouse]. Retrieved from
Uttley, P., Wilkinson, S., Palmer, S. &Bangert, K. (2011). Integration of Biological Wastewater Treatment and Algal Growth for Biofuels. Retrieved from http://e-futures.group.shef.ac.uk
Hansen, J., Sato, M. &Ruedy, R., (2013). Global Temperature Update Though 2012. Retrieved from
My microalgae lamp absorbs CO2! - YouTube
Scotia Capital. (2009, March). The Choice of Next-Generation Biofuels. USA.
Retrieved from http://www.originoil.com/pdf/Scotia_Capital_Algae_Excerpt.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The production of biofuels requires the cultivation, processing, and transportation of appropriate crops. Food production shares many of these same needs, and this conflict of resources has been the subject of numerous debates. The cultivation of crops for biofuels increases the consumption of natural resources and contributes to world hunger by redirecting the use of edible grains (Pimentel, et al., 2009, 9). We will look at 3 major points of debate on biofuel production: influence on food production, use of natural resources, and effect on the price of food.... [tags: Biofuels Essay]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- America’s Next Great Generation Narcissistic and self-involved; those are common adjectives used to describe America’s next great generation and as a member of generation Y, I was completely repulsed by that simple description of my generation. Sadly, we’ve been pampered by our generation X parents, who had to work for almost everything when they were little and feel that it’s only right to give us everything we ever wanted because that was a luxury they never had. We are a group of people that think the world is constantly happening to us and that we are entitled to everything.... [tags: Generation Y, Generation X, Strauss and Howe]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Faced with petroleum scarcity, it is vital that humans discover more alternative energy resources. Humans to support daily life productivity frequently use petroleum each day. However since petroleum is not a renewable resource some day in the future humans will consume up all the petroleum reserves and it will come to a point that human must alter their ways life. The scarcity of petroleum makes alternative energy a popular and heavily researched subject. Although we do have some alternative resources already in use in many parts of the world, such as solar power and wind power we need more options because these sources are hard to control and transport.... [tags: energy, biofuels, organic matters]
2035 words (5.8 pages)
- Green Energy: The Next Generation Purcell Schools should transform all their schools to use “green” energy and environmentally-friendly products. It would not only be better for the school and community, but would also be profitable for the school system. Although it does cost a little more a year on a bill, it will actually, in the grand scheme of things, cost less in the near future. That would mean, as a school system and community, it would enable a better technology program for the school, more field trips, new textbooks, and even a much better salary for our very underpaid teachers and administrators.... [tags: Energy ]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Have you ever wondered if our generation is the dumbest. Well, there’s some evidence to prove so. Generation ‘Y’ is considered to be the dumbest generation of all. This is based on numerous experiments, polls, surveys, etc. While everything else in this world is rising, intellect of each generation is falling. With the ignorance of facts, by choice, and lack of some education, Generation ‘Y’ is considered to be the dumbest generation. “Ignorance of facts” simply means that the education is there but this generation just chooses not to use it.... [tags: Millennial Generation]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Second, in the lower end of the battery life (or energy consumption ) is the main engine , the designer may want to put more weight measurement single power MIPS / W . In other words, they may just be interested to minimize the workload for a given power to run , but not with the performance of the execution time , but it does not exceed certain limits. MIPS performance measurement and power watts refer to the average or maximum value, derived from the specifications of the chip. For example, January 1 gigahertz ( 109 times / sec ) treatment, which can be completed up to 4 cycles per instruction , the maximum theoretical yield is 4000 MIPS.... [tags: power, performance, processors]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- Fossil fuels have negatively impacted the environment causing irreversible changes. There are three fossil fuels in the world today. They are: natural gas and coal, as well as the more familiar fuels refined from crude oil including gasoline, diesel, and fuel oils. In the United States, in previous years there has been a dependence on these fuels for many purposes. When fossil fuels are burned, a chemical reaction occurs called combustion. This reaction is the cause of a major source of pollution in the environment.... [tags: tending topics in the energy world]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- “Next Generation 911 (NG911) will enhance the 911 system to create a faster, more flexible, resilient, and scalable system that allows 911 to keep up with communication technology used by the public” (911.gov, n.d.). As previously quoted, 70 percent of the nation’s population is using mobile devices that are not compatible with current 911 standards. The NG911 policy is a compilation of ideas, research, framework information on NG911 systems, committees and organization established to assist PSAPs, as well as, suggested protocols for implementation and continued usage of a Next Generation 911 system.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, SMS]
1864 words (5.3 pages)
- Technology has been around for several years and is still advancing today. First introduced during the 1800's Industrial Revolution, where people began working in factories and cities. Now people in the 21st century are experiencing a new revolution where technology has practically taken over. However, one place where technology is missing, is in schools. The problem is that educators do not have enough resources to integrate technology in every classroom. Then, there are policymakers, placing education at the bottom of their priorities.... [tags: technology, education, policymakers, failure]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Star Trek - The Next Generation Star date: 41176.8 Captain's log. This is my (Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the U.S.S. Enterprise #NCC-17O1 D) account of the events leading up to and beyond the Federation and Romulan war (2380-2385 AD). Star date: 32851.2: The Enterprise received a distressed call from a fleeing scout ship. SOS... I am ... under ... attack!. request ... asylum ... Federation ... Space!!.. The ship was pushing the limits of its engines as it hurtled out of the neutral zone -- the volume of space that serves as a no-ones-land separating the United Federation of Planets and the Romulan Empire.... [tags: essays research papers]
2280 words (6.5 pages)
- A Critical Review Of Kosowski, R., Naik, N. Y. and Teo, Y. (2007) ‘Do hedge funds deliver alpha? A Bayesian and bootstrap analysis’
- Evil/Sin Portrayed in Dimmesdale and Chillingworth
- Technological Warfare
- The Book Review of "The End of Work" by Jeremy Rifkin
- The Shi’a sector in Islam and their sources from the Quran
- Discrimination in America