The area of social work practice is child welfare that involve of social worker trying to help children that need to have everything that they need in their life. A person named David Jones play a role of being a child welfare social worker for example, he contact and finding children or family that need to be supported in any way possible. I manage to find the address that David Jones worked as a social worker at 455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 14400 with a phone number which is (415)-577-1220 to contact David Jones and also manage to arrange a time schedule to meet with David Jones in the Social Child Welfare Center. During the meeting David Jones introduces a statement, “That being a social worker can be a difficult job for people that have bad communication and interaction because the job mainly involve of discussing with people like family to find the problem and a solution to family affair.” (J. David, personal communication, February 15, 2016) This interview made me realize that being a child welfare social worker is not just helping children and family, but also to communicate with the people to better understand their ...
... middle of paper ...
...r to be necessary in the community. It is congruent with that social worker is necessary to be in the community in order to handle people that are mentally ill or have family issues in the community. The community needs social workers that specialize in child welfare to solve family issues or prevent the issues from becoming worse. Becoming worse like not having enough food and could not afford a place that the family could live. This is one of the reason that social worker that specialize in child welfare to try prevent families from living in the street without enough food to eat. This is the reasons that make social work so special because social worker could help solve family issues or prevent the issues from becoming worse. Hopefully the peoples will realize and know the value of social worker in child welfare that could play an important role in helping family.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What is it so special about being a social work that specializes in child welfare. The reason that it is special is that the social worker specializes in child welfare help solve family issues or prevent issues from becoming worse. Becoming worse, not having money for medical bill and not have enough money to buy enough food for the entire family. This is the reasons that the community needs social work to help people with family affairs. Social workers that specialize in child welfare have an area of social work practice, organization, a role, primary population, key informant, and employment opportunities.... [tags: Social work, Sociology]
1542 words (4.4 pages)
- There are many different care fields you can go into as a social work from mental health, drug and alcohol abuse all the way to child welfare. Child welfare is my primary target when I become a social worker. I feel that I will have the biggest impact if I help the kids out that will be creating our future world. If I can help the kids of the next generation then maybe my influence will help more than just those few kids I see every day. Plus ever since I can remember people told me I need to be doing a job that helps children.... [tags: Foster care, Sociology, Family, Want]
2088 words (6 pages)
- What is it so special about being a social worker that specializes in child welfare. The reason that it is special is that social worker specializes in child welfare help solve family issues or prevent issues from becoming worse. Becoming worse not having money for medical bill and not have enough money to buy enough food for the entire family. This is the reason that community needs social worker to help peoples with family affairs. Social workers that specialize in child welfare have an area of social work practice, organization, a role, primary population, key informant, and employment opportunities.... [tags: Social work, Sociology]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- The purpose of this memo is to recommend that the course PA380 “Introduction to Public Administration” should remain mandatory as a degree requirement for the students in the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work (BASW) major. This memo will also discuss the knowledge and skills that can be acquired from the PA380 and how these skills will apply to my future career as a child welfare social worker. In recent years, a need to address organizational performance and accountability has risen in both the public and private sectors of child welfare social work.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Social justice]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- The most important social workers in society are those who enter the child welfare system. Since many children don’t always grow up in monogamous households those in the welfare system need assistance the most. According to Williams- Mbengue (2012) “Nearly three million American children are put into welfare systems and cared for by social workers.” Imagine being a social worker in the welfare system, taking care of children who come from impoverished biological homes, and a large majority of them experiencing some form of abuse or neglect (Meloy & Phillips, 2012).... [tags: child welfare system]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- ompassion fatigue is a real problem that many people face: doctors, nurses, and child welfare workers, to name a few. For this paper, I will be focusing on compassion fatigue as it pertains to child welfare workers. Compassion fatigue is also called secondary stress trauma, or STS. When a child welfare worker works with children who have experienced trauma, it sometimes transfers onto themselves, that is- they can begin to show symptoms of trauma or experience a lot of stress. This can affect the worker physically, emotionally, & even spiritually.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Thesis statement This paper is a dissection of the root causes of overrepresentation of First Nations ' children in the Canada welfare system. Furthermore, it will discuss in detail the contributions and efficacy of current child welfare system to the issue, such as poverty, parenting differences, language barrier, and social worker evaluation and decisions. The last part will look at the role of social workers and their agencies in addressing and improving this problem by providing policies and programs that will be appropriate and sensitive when working with First Nations’ families.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, First Nations]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Social Work and Social Welfare are crucial to today 's society without social workers along with the help of social welfare programs, many necessities of america could not be met. this year over 6 million children will be reported as being abused. Each and every day the innocence of an adolescent is marred. whether that be physically, sexually, emotionally or even just being neglected. which brings america to the clear assumption that social workers are a necessity to promote safety to the children of America.... [tags: Sociology, Social sciences, Social work, Welfare]
1408 words (4 pages)
- ... Finland has mandatory child maltreatment reporting system. Criteria for maltreatment is vague, therefore, practice differs across municipalities. Similarly to the US child welfare system, practice is broken down and administered within each municipality. There are 348 municipalities. In addition, after a report of child maltreatment is made, an assessment process begins determining if the child is “entitlement to services” (Gilbert, 2011, p.118). Tools used for investigation vary from organization to organization.... [tags: social work practice]
2410 words (6.9 pages)
- After coming to North Carolina Central University I have distinct opinion of what the social work profession is. Before, when I was still in high school I had a poor general idea of social workers. I was aware that school social workers had a degree but, I was under the impression that such degree was not needed to work in a place like the department of social services and both positions carried the same title. I knew of someone who worked at DSS for many years and they had begun working there straight out of high school.... [tags: abuse therapists, child welfare specialists]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- The Old Man And The Sea
- The Americans With Disabilities Act ( Ada ) And Other Similar Antidiscrimination Laws
- Neanderthals And The Dna Genome Project
- Relationship Between Public Health Activities And Moral, Ethical, And Legal Considerations
- Male And Female Categorization Debate
- Othello, By William Shakespeare