According to the American Heritage Dictionary the word pornography means: Sexually explicit pictures, writing, or other material whose primary purpose is to cause sexual arousal. The term child pornography applies for the sexual explicit material who involves minors of eighteen years of age. The human being as part of a civilized society it is meant to evolve and eradicate some kind of behaviors that make us go back as society and degrade our human nature. No matter the harshness of the punishments against the people who posses, make, distribute and so on child pornography this is something that is growing day by day and can be proved by the statistics. The enormous difference between the “regular” pornography and the child pornography it is not only the legal or illegal the moral or immoral, the people who realize and participate on those kinds of products are adults, are remunerated for what they do. In the case of child pornography the minors involved are obligated, mistreated, and sexually assaulted, some of these minor may have been kidnapped from their homes, other used by they own families to earn money in this unpleasant business. But the important point here it is the fact that the child pornography available it is the fuel for those pedophiles who are seeking innocent victims to satisfy their deviances. As society we have the power to prevent, enforce laws, monitor the internet, and take care of our little and defenseless ones of being victims of child pornography, and also we have the power to stop this illegal and rising trend that use children’s as mere objects of sexual pleasure.
According to the statistics founded on the “Women services & resources website”, Child pornography generates $3...
... middle of paper ...
...for the rest of their lives, how can we call us a “society”. Everyone of us have the tools to stop this, first of all, understanding the differences between the legal and the illegal pornography, the legal it is the one where adults are involved. Second, we need to be aware that in the last years cases of pedophiles abusing kids are rising and we must protect our kids. And the third point it is that we have an important participation in the creation of new policies against child sexual crimes. As simple as signing an online petition, donating some money to the child rights associations who performs extensive campaigns against pedophilia, or even doing some research to know if in the surrounding area where we live is not living a register child molester. Little things like this can help to create a better society, and to extinguish this kind of unacceptable conducts.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Legality of Child Pornography Child pornography is an ongoing issue as technology progresses in today’s world. Now there are ways to produce child pornography without actually using a real child. While there are acts and laws to protect the children, there are still many unsatisfied people on each side of the issue. There are people who believe the adult entertainment companies, who produce the child pornography; they believe that their First Amendment rights are being violated with current acts and laws against it.... [tags: Child Pornography Debate Essays]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- In today’s society, people are debating if “virtual” child pornography should be banned. Most people believe that it should, while others believe that it should not be banned at all. Since the Supreme Court decided that “virtual” child pornography is legal, most people have felt that they have made a horrible mistake. By check many articles on this topic, I have decided to use two fairly good articles, written by two well-known editors, Wendy Kaminer, editor at The Atlantic Monthly, and Paul Rodriguez, editor of Insight on the News.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- Child Pornography is a particularly serious crime in the United States. The crime involves exploitation of children sexually by offenders who seek to benefit either directly or indirectly from the vice. This article looks at child pornography in different perspectives and explains its trends in arrests made in the year 2000 and 2006. The article used data from the national juvenile online victimization study, which is a longitudinal survey of a sample of 2500 law enforcement agencies in the US.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- Jared Scot Fogle became known as the “The Subway Guy” in the year 2000. Fogle was able to lose two hundred and forty pounds and attributed it mostly to eating Subway. For fifteen years Fogle was a friendly face of the company (Levey, 2003). Jared not only lost weight but he gained wealth and notoriety. Gaining all of these things in a short time could have led to his demise at the same time. Today his friendly face of Subway is overshadowed by the fact he is a sex offender. He will be required to register as one until the day he dies.... [tags: Child abuse, Child sexual abuse, Jared Fogle]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- When one thinks of a young child one thinks of joy, innocence, and being carefree. Too often than not though that innocence is taken from a young child through sexual abuse. Studies have shown over and over again that a child who has been sexually abused carries those scars with them into adulthood, many times affecting adult relationships. When a person thinks of a child molester they see in their minds the dirty old man image. This is not the case in most abuse cases. Usually the child knows the person that is going to harm them.... [tags: Pedophiles Essays]
8447 words (24.1 pages)
- Psychological disorders can exceed more than to just a person with a disorder that needs medication to regulate. Specific disorders not only can hurt the person who suffers from it but it may hurt others around as well. There are many psychological disorders that may be harmful and dangerous to society or a community but the most common one is pedophilia. “Pedophilia is defined as a persistent sexual interest in prepubescent children, manifested in thoughts, fantasies, urges, sexual arousal or sexual behavior” (Seto 164-165).... [tags: technology, internet pornography]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- In the news today we frequently hear about pedophiles and child molesters. We have heard the horror stories of priest and bishops molesting boys, public school teachers having sex with students, and family members molesting children. While it is still taboo, the public view of a child molester has changed in the past years. It used to be that when we thought of a pedophile, we thought of a scary man lurking behind the bushes. This is not the case today, most of the cases of child molestation are by a person known to the child, whether it be a family member or a family friend.(Herkov, 2012) A pedophile is a person who is significantly older and has conscious sexual interests in prepubesce... [tags: Child Molesters, Sex Offenders]
4431 words (12.7 pages)
- Pornography is tearing apart the very fabric of our society. Yet Christians are often ignorant of its impact and apathetic about the need to control this menace. Pornography is an $8 billion a year business with close ties to organized crime.The wages of sin are enormous when pornography is involved. Purveyors of pornography reap enormous profits through sales in so-called "adult bookstores" and viewing of films and live acts at theaters. Pornography involves books, magazines, videos, and devices and has moved from the periphery of society into the mainstream through the renting of video cassettes, sales of so-called "soft-porn" magazines, and the airing of sexually explicit mov... [tags: Pornography Essays]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- The Pornography Debate Pornography has been the topic of discussion in the court systems for years. Many would like to see legislation against it and software to filter it. The problem is it's not that easy and making laws against it would pose a problem against the first amendment. There have many issues brought up on the grounds that it is demoralizing to women and is filth for the eyes of children. But, is pornography really that harmful. There are many reasons why the government is having trouble putting restrictions on pornography.... [tags: Pornography]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Online Pedophiles As the Internet keeps making new advancements, pedophiles around the world are becoming more successful. Access to the Internet is readily available anywhere, anytime, and almost anyplace. A growing number of people within the United States are attaining access to the Internet. Internet use within the United States is predicted to grow tremendously. This brings about a large problem for America’s youth. Children are very vulnerable and chat rooms seem to be the popular place for kids and pedophiles to hang out.... [tags: Internet Crime Computers Essays]
1159 words (3.3 pages)