Essay PreviewMore ↓
Child abuse is a serious topic in today’s society. It goes way back into time. As time goes on more & more people are aware of what the dangers of child abuse can cause. If it wasn’t a important issue to be talked about and be taken care of child abuse would continue. If no one took the time to help these children what would happen to them. They would end up suffering for the rest of their lives or even end up dead. Child abuse can not go on unseen. Its happening around us all the time. What is more important then helping someone who is getting abused?
Who is taking care of child abuse? Who is taking the children out of homes to protect them? Who is giving them a second chance at life? It’s definitely not the people who are abusing them. It’s people who love them and care for them. The state government is the there to help through the whole process. When child abuse is reported to child protective services it is now in the hands of them. Children protective services (cps) determine if it meets criteria for investigation. The CPS and police can work together on the case but also work separately. CPS conducts the family assessments and the police will conduct criminal investigations. After the investigations have been conducted and abuse has been found a police officer will put the child into protective custody. Protective custody is when custody is handed over a family member or the child is put into foster care. But by law a child is not allowed more then 72 hours of protective custody.
How to Cite this Page
"Child Abuse Must End." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Sep 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction: Throughout this paper, the topic and issues regarding child abuse will be discussed. Child abuse involves many different forms of maltreatment, this covers physical sexual, emotional, and neglect from a guardian of the child. This growing issue has turned the United States into one of the countries with the highest child abuse records. A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds and on average, four to seven children die due to child abuse and or neglect a day. Neglect is the most common type of abuse; neglect occurs when the guardian fails to provide the adolescent foot, water, shelter or proper medical care.... [tags: Child abuse, Abuse]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Over the years, child abuse or maltreatment has become more prevalent. There were 3.3 million child abuse reports in 2010 (Child Abuse Statistics). Do you know an individual who has been abused or mistreated as a child. Child abuse goes on much more than what individuals would like to believe. For every report of child abuse, two more cases unfortunately go unreported (Child Abuse Statistics). Child abuse seems to be a taboo subject in most cultures. No one wants to admit that they have abused their children or that they have been abused at one point in their life.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Psychological abuse]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- According to Tennyson Center for Children, “A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds in the U.S.” (“Child Abuse in America”). One cannot fathom the idea of why anyone would intentionally hurt the innocent children of today’s society. Child abuse happens with children of all ages, gender, and religions. Likewise, the world can be identified as a harsh place, where child abuse occurs around the world, and is even evident in the United States. There are many factors that contribute to this repulsive behavior.... [tags: Child Abuse Essays]
2800 words (8 pages)
- Child Abuse Children are a special group population that has experienced enormous challenges. Child abuse has remained a significant problem yet to be conquered in the efforts to promote and protect their welfare. The non-governmental organizations have been at the forefront of safeguarding the children across the globe to offer equal opportunities to enhance their development. Such firms have written numerous reports regarding the abuse, promotion, and the legislation that ensures the wellbeing of the minors.... [tags: Physical abuse, Child abuse, Neglect]
1252 words (3.6 pages)
- Bruises fade, bones heal, but the pain and memories of child abuse will last a life time… What is considered child abuse. There are so many different types of child abuse. Some examples of child abuse are physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and child neglect. (What Is Child Abuse?) No child should ever have to be scared to go home after school or to just go home in general because someone at home who is supposed to love and care about them is abusing them. Abuse with children is a very serious issue in today’s society and it should not be overlooked.... [tags: Child abuse, Abuse, Psychological abuse, Neglect]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- A lot of people don 't know what child abuse really is. There is a misconception that child abuse is only sexually. However, the reality is there’s a lot of types of child abuse that anyone can do to a child. Child abuse a dangerous situation, that can include sexual abuse, physical abuse, and it can happen in different ways. Why would a person do that to a child. Child abuse can happen anywhere at any place. It mostly happens in families who are under a lot of pressure or little of social support.... [tags: Child abuse, Abuse, Bullying, Sexual abuse]
1947 words (5.6 pages)
- There are important reasons of why child abuse should be addressed as a social problem. The factors are strongly related to the social problems, so we should socially address to child abuse. The child abuse includes physical, sexual, and psychological abuse and neglect. Since child abuse and neglect are sometimes difficult to find from outside, so it is also difficult for third people to investigate and help appropriately. Here, I will propose education system as an ideal law to remove child abuse.... [tags: Child abuse, Abuse, Psychological abuse, Neglect]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Suspicion of Client Being Verbally, Emotionally, Physically, or Sexually Abused In the state of California, child abuse and neglect (CANRA) includes: sexual abuse, physical abuse, willful cruelty or unjustified punishment, unlawful corporal punishment or injury, and neglect. If the victim is under the age of 18, the abuse or neglect must be reported. Reports need to be made immediately by phone and a written report has to be completed within 36 hours. Reports need to be made to a county welfare department, probation department, or to a police or sheriff’s department.... [tags: Domestic violence, Child abuse, Abuse, Sociology]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Shivering and trembling, she lay in fear curled up in a ball on the cold, hard ground, wondering what she had done to experience this sort of torture. Crying out for help, screaming stop, nothing seemed to work. Bluish purple bruises covered her arms, her face completely swollen, her legs full of welts; she lay thinking death would be a better option than what she had just been through. What is wrong with me. What did I do. No one wants to help me. They are my parents why do they not love me. Those are all some of the few thoughts that cross the minds of child abuse victims.... [tags: physical abuse, sexual abuse, negglect]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Family violence is an issue that we as social workers will probably encounter during the course of our careers. While there are many forms of family violence, I view child abuse and neglect as the worst forms. Nothing bothers me more than knowing that somewhere, someone is abusing a completely helpless individual. I view it as our duty not only as social workers but also as humans to ensure that no child has to experience the pain and suffering involved with child abuse and neglect. This may seem like an impossible task, people have been trying for years to end child abuse with no success.... [tags: Child Abuse Prevention]
3592 words (10.3 pages)
The way people act and the feel about child abuse is very strong. Child abuse is not only carried out through parents. It can be carried out by people they have grown to be very close to and love. There are many types of child abuse. There is Verbal Emotional, neglect, physical, & sexual abuse. None of these should be happening to children.
There was a case of abuse that was named the worst case of abuse in the state of California. The child that was abused was named Dave Pelzer. He was badly abused by his alcoholic mother that Dave came close to death many times. The abuse was not reported until about Dave was 12. A teacher had reported his mother to the police. Dave was forced to eat his own vomit, swallow soap ammonia and Clorox. He had stalled his mother from burning him on the stove and “won”. Dave was placed in foster care until he reached 18. When he reached 18 he joined the air force. Even with everything against him, he was going to better him self. Dave is now a well known author and a loving father and husband. His best selling book is called “A Child Called It” about his life and the abuse he went through. Thanks to someone helping him now Dave is living a life to tell his story and help others.