Taste of Chicago festival is probably of Chicago’s great cultural events it is often imitated but never duplicated this event have tremendous assortment of culinary delights also located in Grant Park the ten-day lakefront festival runs June 25 – July 4th food choices range from ethnic to exotic to Chicago specialties. Millions of people local and nationwide attend this event. Enjoy 319 acres of food from fried alligator tails to fried zucchini during the day grab some food be sure to bring a blanket cause as the sun sets relax enjoy a free concerts that fit your musical genre even fireworks. Let your nose be your guide. Other attractions on the lakefront includes the Art Institute it has one of the largest most extensive collections of impressionist and post-impressionist painting in the world, Adler Planetarium, Museum of Natural history, Navy Pier is home to the 15-story Ferris it was model after the 1893, Ferris wh...
... middle of paper ...
...ers still haunt many of the former residents of Cabrini. Replacing Cabrini-Green are townhomes and condominiums for the middle class to upper middle class residents.
With this in mind, Chicago is a wonderful place to visit and live, however it does have it light and dark side. Millions of people visited Chicago for it cultural events, annual festivals, to walk, jog, or ride a bike along the lakefront. Visit the Planetarium, museums, Art Institute or ride up to the 103rd floor of Willis Tower. Take in a movie go shopping down Michigan Ave, or State Street. Nevertheless, be careful of the dangers hidden in some of the neighborhoods in Chicago.
In short, she is heartwarming, sunny, lively and dangerous as most large cities. She is good to the soul and as cold as the wind. Chicago is the Windy City also the City with Big Shoulders in the end Chicago is my Home .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Leeland loses and owes a lot of money and then they lose their home and thats begins the main idea: homelessness. The main idea is that they ( Sugar and Reba lose their house and then they have to survive and Sugar has to live away from Reba ( her mother ). “ King Cole was on chapter ten of his biography when he died.” That the first thing that gets the main idea flowing. “ My grandpa died” “ Trusting Mr. Leeland to pay back money was like trusting your dog to watch your food” Mr. Leeland never gave money back and lost it a lot so they didn’t have a lot of money to pay for their house.... [tags: character analysis ]
683 words (2 pages)
- Be careful what you wish for is one of the biggest lessons the child viewers is suppose to receive from Home Alone. In this film there are obvious and less obvious morals. I will discuss how this film relates to The Secret Garden and The Wizard of Oz. Along with Joe L. Kincheloe’s essay in the Kinderculture: The Corporate Construction of Childhood. The makers of Home Alone might have not intended to teach their young viewers that in times when you are in danger you should lie and pretend that everything is under control.... [tags: violence, respect, misbehaving ]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- Now that we all have this knowledge and have a language to deal with it visually, it’s the time to start dealing with some of the more playful things. We’ve accepted privilege, we’re conscious of all these major issues that the generation before us laid down. — Rashid Johnson Sweet Sweet Runner, a 2010 short video by Rashid Johnson begins with the image of a middle-aged, bespectacled black man. The viewer is given momentary flashes, accompanied by the sound of sirens, that quickly defines what he is wearing (a fresh red jacket and running pants), the type of environment he is in, as well as his expression as he looks out onto the city streets (fig 1).... [tags: Sweet Sweet Runner]
2578 words (7.4 pages)
- Home sweet home Bakersfield, CA to Mayfield, KY that is a rather bigger move but, it’s probably one of the best thigs that could happen to me. From a big city to a little town where there is only one zip code was huge changes for me. Although I would consider both as home they have their advantages and disadvantages but, the three main reasons are weather, people and the crime rate. Each one of these points has been a great impact on my attitude towards both of these places. The average high temperature for Bakersfield is 78 degrees and the average low temperature is 58 degrees.... [tags: Season, Autumn, Rain, Summer]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Home Sweet Home I often wonder what my life would be like if I had taken a different route. I remember the day as if it was yesterday, August 25th, 2006. I was only eight years old when I was separated from my mother. That day was the beginning of my new life with my foreign father and unfamiliar stepmother. Prior to this, the memories I had of my father were very faint; I would only see him once a year when he would come to visit my brother and I. The journey I was about to embark on was not one of a few hours in a car, but overseas.... [tags: Mother, Family, Dominican Republic, Accept]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- “He only has three months”. That’s a statement that resonates in my head over, and over, and over. My family and my uncle’s family had gotten together for our annual trip to California a few years ago. I have to say that all went as smooth as a trip with extended family could possibly go, shockingly enough. I didn’t have high expectations for this trip (if you could say I had any at all). Just when the moment began to settle and things really became enjoyable as everyone settled into the environment and engaged in late night chats, the vacation ended quicker than the plane ride itself.... [tags: Debut albums, 2005 singles, Pearl Jam]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Believed discovered purely by accident, beer has played a huge role in the history of human civilization. In early civilizations, beer was used as a safe source of water and other nutrients and in later years consumed for reasons that are more social. Although the reasons for homebrewing beer have changed, the process has remained primarily the same. The oldest documentary evidence of beer brewing comes from Uruk in Mesopotamia and dates to about 3500 B.C.E.; found on clay tablets that tell the story of Gilgamesh in Sumerian, written in cuneiform (see fig.... [tags: Food & Drink]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Home Sweet Home How would you feel if you went into a business, to fill out an application for a job, and had to leave the section blank that was asking for your address. I am sure that you might feel lost, sad, or even embarrassed. On the other hand, how would you feel if you were able to fill in the section asking for your address, but did not feel like you could call this place home. Maybe you would have feelings of being alone, not loved, or not even cared about. I always hurt for people, that I see on the streets, that are homeless, and I wish that I could do something for them.... [tags: Descriptive Essay Examples]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- A belief that people share, regardless of their cultural or ethnic background, is "Home Sweet Home". This saying implies that our home town, province, or village is usually the sweetest place, since it is bonded with the most beautiful and unforgettable memories of our childhood. This belief is most meaningful to people who have to live in exile or have do a lot of traveling. People usually have the same comment when asked about their feeling towards their hometown, "There is no place like home." As for me, I will always have a very strong and special emotion whenever I think about my home village, where I was born and spent my entire childhood.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Essay About Myself, 2014]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- “Home Sweet Home” There are hundreds of people, young and old that live in my apartment complex and each of them have a different and unique story to share. My story is that I come from the typical middle-of -nowhere suburbia, where the grass is always green, and all of the houses look the same. In that community it is easy to become too comfortable, and forget that things aren’t so “perfect” in the rest of the world. When my step-dad past away, we sold the house and moved into town changing the way I lived my life.... [tags: essays research papers]
608 words (1.7 pages)