The Bulls joined the National Basketball Association in 1965. Before this the Bulls had been known as the Chicago stags, the stags had been one of the best teams in the Business Basketball Association since 1946 and even played one season in the NBA before they folded and started over as the present day Chicago Bulls. It took no time at all for the Bulls to catch on with Chicago fans, whom had already been great followers of the Stags. The entire basketball nation was excited to see how the Bulls would start their first season in the league. For some the results were a little disappointing.
To start their first season in the NBA the Bulls were lead by their head coach Jonny “RED” Kerr, a former star in the league. On October 15, 1966 the Chicago Bulls put out a starting cast of Len Chappell, Bob Boozer, Don Kojis, Jerry Sloan, and Guy Rodgers to face off against the St. Louis Hawks. Guy Rogers emerged as a hero when he poured in thirty seven points to help seal Chicago’s first ever win in the NBA. The Bulls went on to win their next three games in a row and finish their first NBA season with a record of 33-48. This as it turns out was the best record a new team had ever achieved (Chicago History).
This 33-48 record was enough to push the Bulls into the playoffs were they were eliminated by the Hawks in...
... middle of paper ...
...inal 5.2 seconds with the Bulls trailing the Jazz by one point Jordon would make his most memorable shot. Jordon stole the ball with around 15 seconds left in the game, he burnt about 9 seconds off the clock before he drove and then crossed over his defender and hit a 19 foot jumper to seal his sixth title and his career as a Bull (Chicago History).
After Jordon retired and Phil Jackson had left along with most of the Bulls roster. The Bulls had to rebuild from the bottom and it is not until the present that the Bulls have a realistic shot at winning their seventh title.
Overall the Bulls have proven to be one of the most storied and successful franchises in NBA history. They have taken their fair share of lows and obviously a number of championship years. They have been the home of the best basketball player to have ever lived and mostly they redefined winning.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever wondered who is the best team to ever play basketball. They probably have a good regular season record, they won the finals, and they probably have some star caliber players. The 1995 Chicago Bulls fit that description. They had a great regular season winning seventy-two games. They dominated the league winning the division, the league, and the finals. None of this would be possible without their star players. They consisted of many star player including Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman.... [tags: basketball, season, games, players, team]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Basketball is one of the most popular sports in America, and only a few of the NBA stars are considered great. There is only one they call the greatest, with six national championships, and 5 MVPs under his name. Michael Jordan could play basketball so many ways he could make an opponent look bad by just passing the ball. Every fan and every announcer loved to say the name “Michael Jordan” or also known as “M.J.” Jordan was the talk of the country, every kid or fan wanted to have his autograph or basketball card.... [tags: NBA, Chicago Bulls, Professional Basketball]
1060 words (3 pages)
- It is 1991 and the Chicago Bulls are playing the Lakers in the championship. Michael Jordan had just crossed over Magic Johnson and was on a fast break, when he saw Pippen in the corner. Jordan whips the ball to Pippen and Pippen knocked a three down to take the lead. That was the first championship the Bulls had ever won. Their all-star player, Michael Jordan, was drafted in 1980. Nobody knew that Michael would lead the Chicago Bulls to their first championship series. The Bulls who had two all-star players, Jordan and Scotty Pippen, which of who were the Chicago Bulls top scorers.... [tags: professional basketball teams, NBA]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- ... In 2008 the bulls won a lottery so they can have a top 5 pick in the beginning. When it was there turn to pick they picked derrick Rose. Rose became the youngest player to win the MVP honors in his 3rd season. Rose was one of the best players in the NBA when he was a rookie. Chicago bulls had the world’s greatest 4th quarter comeback in NBA history. Lots of fans always went to the bulls’ game because it was most fun and intense sometimes. Michael Jordan retired basketball when he was only 30.... [tags: professional basketball industry]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- A former American professional basketball player and known as the greatest basketball player of all time, Michael Jordan.He was born in Brooklyn; New York and later moved to North Carolina. He was also known with the nickname “Air Jordan” and “His Airness.” MJ, son from James Jordan and Deloris was married to Juanita Vanoy in September 1989. Jordan had two sons,Jeffrey Michael and Marcus James and a daughter, Jasmine Mickael. But Vanoy divorced him in February 2002. Michael Jeffrey Jordan started his career playing at the college basketball league for the University of North Carolina.... [tags: chicago bulls, nba titles]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- The Chicago Bulls, they have gone through many stages of success, including six championships with Michael Jordon’s Bulls. Michael Jordan in fact is the reason why most people know about the Bulls. The Bulls though do run deeper than just Michael Jordan, because before Jordan came to the Bulls the Bulls had to come to the NBA. The Chicago Bulls are one of the most memorable and historic professional basketball teams in history. The Bulls joined the National Basketball Association in 1965. Before this the Bulls had been known as the Chicago stags, the stags had been one of the best teams in the Business Basketball Association since 1946 and even played one season in the NBA before they folde... [tags: NBA Championship, Michael Jordan]
2189 words (6.3 pages)
- With five seconds left, the once psychotic crowd becomes as silent as a lion stalking its prey. The clock starts and all that can be heard is the opposing team running down the court dribbling the ball to shoot the final shot. The clock sends off a high-pitched shout. When the opposing team missed their shot, the crowd let out shrieks of joy and ran down onto the court to celebrate. Basketball was invented in 1891 by a Canadian Doctor named James Naismith and the game has changed dramatically since.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Why Are The Chicago Bulls So Good. Two weeks ago, I was home watching a Chicago Bulls game. I started to analyze why the team had the best record in the league. About nine years ago, the Chicago Bulls selected Michael Jordan in the third pick of the college draft from North Carolina. A few years later, the Bulls drafted Scottie Pippen from Central Arkansas State and just recently acquired Dennis Rodman from the San Antonio Spurs. After my diagnosis, I concluded that the Bulls have the three key elements to win the championship in 1996.... [tags: essays research papers]
486 words (1.4 pages)
- The National Basketball Associations, Golden State Warriors are approaching history. They are the number 1 ranked team in the league and the quest for winning a record 73 games is well within reach. The keys they play by have helped them be the success they are. The consistent 3 point shooting threat has left many shaking their heads in disbelief. Always making the extra pass has allowed them to strive on and off the ball. Most importantly teamwork both on offense and defense has led them to be ranked among the league’s best in both.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Basketball]
717 words (2 pages)
- Everyone knows that Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time, and the “Flu Game” is a perfect example as to why Jordan is. He had to battle the flu in a very important playoff game. Michael Jordan had so much ambition and aptitude in him that he was able to battle through it and make the game winning bucket. Jordan is a prime example of a kid working hard to achieve his life goals. Michael Jordan pushed himself to greater heights and this proved to people that he was such a great player.... [tags: Michael Jordan, National Basketball Association]
1475 words (4.2 pages)