The concert opened with the Molto Allegro. This piece began softly in the home key of G-Minor and darkness moved in with the accompaniment. G-Minor was the key Mozart considered most expressed tragedy and sadness. The use of this key was considered ground- breaking in the Classical Period. Because the use of this key had such a technical and emotional impact Mozart is rightly considered a “Maverick of Sound”. The 1st movement was in traditional sonata form with exposition, development and recapitulation. The mood of the piece was dark and intense with a fast and quick pace. The most distinct instruments were violins, violas, cellos, double basses, flute, oboes, clarinet and bassoon. There may have been French horn, but I could not distinguish them from where I was sitting and there were no discernable trumpets or tympani’s in this piece. The facial expressions of the musicians authentically depicted this classical piece; their faces were tinted with a se...
... middle of paper ...
... composition, Le Tombeau de Couperin, was a moving piece, but did not engage my senses, only my intellect. This work essentially left me feeling confused and although I appreciated the description of the dedication of the work by the composer, this was my least favorite piece. The “CPCC” soloist, Juan Caljero’s, rendition of Cileito Lindo was mesmerizing. Charlotte Symphony’s Assistant Conductor, Roger Kalia, was personable in several of his explanations of the pieces performed and he did a great job conducting. My only critique of the Conductor was I yearned for a deeper explanation of all the movements but he tantalized us with only a few. The “Mavericks of Sound” was overall a creative and a highly imaginative display of the Charlotte Symphony’s array of talented musicians whose performance in the “Mavericks of Sound” was extremely pleasurable to my senses.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For my first required concert performance in this course, I decided to attend a local Terre Haute Symphony Orchestra concert. The concert was held September 26, 2015 at 7:30 pm in the Tilson Auditorium located on the Indiana State University campus. The musical program for the evening was a presentation of Dvorak’s “New World Symphony” and Sibelius’ “Concerto in D minor for Violin and Orchestra, op 47” with guest violinist Ariel Horowitz. The opening piece was “Overture to Zampa” by Louis Herold.... [tags: Music, Orchestra, Symphony, Tempo]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- The Philadelphia Orchestra is an American symphony orchestra in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Their concert hall is at the Kimmel Center for Performing Arts, where they perform for their patrons during their main season, September to May, in Verizon Hall. This has become the orchestra’s performance hall since 2001, since they also own the Academy of Music, which is the oldest operating opera house in the nation since 1957. The orchestra also performs for its Philadelphia audiences during the summer at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts.... [tags: Orchestra, Violin, Philadelphia Orchestra, Music]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- On Sunday, April 19 2015 at 2:00 pm in Carnegie hall, the American Symphony Orchestra performed five pieces by various composers. The pieces performed at the American Symphony Orchestra include Alleluia, Dream-king and his love, Symphony NO.2, Music for Cello and Orchestra, and Cantares. Various well-known composers such as Randall Thompson, Horatio Parker, George Rochberg, Leon Kirchner, and Roberto Sierra composed the pieces included. All of which have an amazing skill and talent in composing music, which has been demonstrated by the American Symphony Orchestra.... [tags: Orchestra, Violin, Music, Symphony]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- The concert I attended was the Liszt, Prokofiev, and Dvořák concert at the Chicago Symphony Center. Emmanuel Krivine is a French conductor who conducted the orchestra to play Liszt’s compositions Les Préludes, Symphonic Poem No. 3. Next was Prokofiev’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in G Minor, Op. 16 in the Andantino, Scherzo: Vivace, Moderato, Allegro tempestoso, the piano soloist was Russian pianist Denis Kozhukhin who was accompanied by The Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Lastly was Dvořák’s Symphony No. 8 in G Major, Op.... [tags: Music, Musical instrument, Orchestra, Piano]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- The Symphony Orchestra concert was preformed by The OU School of Music with Jonathan Shames as a conductor and they presented Sutton Concert Series. In addition, the Orchestra concert performed at Paul F. Sharp Concert Hall in October 12, 2015.There were like forty-one performers on the stage including the conductor using different types of instruments and and all of them were wearing a nice black clothes. The stage was a quite large with wooden floor and there were two floors for the audience with a comfortable seating.... [tags: Music, Tempo, Orchestra, Brass instrument]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- When explaining band and orchestra, they can be further broken down into different groups. Orchestra can be further broken down into string orchestra and symphony orchestra while the band can be broken down into jazz band and rock band. These classifications separate musicians into different musical groups depending what type of music and instruments they play, Children are given the opportunity to play an instrument starting their fifth-grade year. Many kids, however, do not know whether they want to play a wind or percussion instrument for band or a string instrument for orchestra.... [tags: Orchestra, Musical instrument, Brass instrument]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Classical music is considered to play an important role in the general education of children in the United States. Everyone grows up hearing a classical song here and there but very few are able to truly enjoy the beauty in classical music. Last Saturday, November 12th, I had the opportunity to attend my first Classical music concert at the Fresno State Concert Hall. It was a fairly small auditorium with architecture built specifically to amplify and enhance the sound of the orchestra. Here, I was able to listen to the Fresno State Symphony Orchestra perform with Maria Briggs.... [tags: Opera, Music, Orchestra, Clarinet]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- I have had the pleasure to attend the Kimmel Center concerto on April 14th, 2016. The Kimmel Center is located at the Avenue of the Srts in Philadelphia, PA. I have gotten to see the Philadelphia Orchestra perform classical music. The event started exactly at 8pm, in the Verizon Hall, the home of the Philadelphia Orchestra. The Philadelphia Orchestra had the Fabulous Philadelphians with Yannick Nezek Seguin was the conductor, Don S, Liuzzi on the Timpani and Ricardo Morales on the Clarinet. Yannick and the Orchestra have continued a proud tradition if giving musicians the opportunity to stand in front of the ensemble as soloists.... [tags: Orchestra, Musical instrument, Music]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Symphonies have been an attractive idea since the 1500s. In our modern era, the concept of a youth symphony is not particularly common, but certainly feasible. By definition, a youth symphony orchestra must only consist of musicians who are younger than eighteen years of age. Four certain criteria must be met to be an authentic, immersive youth orchestra. The criteria that make a youth symphony authentic is the size of the orchestra, the quality of the music, the repertoires chosen, and the programs within the orchestra.... [tags: Orchestra, Brass instrument, Woodwind instrument]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- On Thursday November 5, I had the opportunity to see the Toronto Symphony Orchestra perform a student concert called Big Bold Brass. The concert was set to teach students the various techniques and skills of the many brass players in the orchestra. They, along with guest tubist Øystein Baadsvik played several pieces showing the virtuosity in the styles brass instruments can play. The first piece they perform was Festive Overture by Dmitri Shostakovich. They then played the fanfare from La Peri.... [tags: Trumpet, Brass instrument, Orchestra, Tuba]
1190 words (3.4 pages)