... middle of paper ...
...ct a paycheck, take summer vacation and leave their “incarceration” in the American education system debt free. To rectify this situation the entire culture surrounding education has to be changed. How that would look like are teachers that are placed in the same professional category as lawyers and doctors. In reality, an educator has as much effect on a student’s life as a physician if not more in that they teach the student everything they know about the world around them. If the student’s basic understanding of the world fails then the students are destined to fail themselves. Hiring teachers who are passionate about their work and have shown to be moldable would immensely increase the quality of the education that our students are getting and specifically our underprivileged urban youth, which are consistently trapped with the sub-par educators at a higher rate.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 2015 Results: Over 470 youth and adults have received healthy living education from the Kanawha County 4-H Agent who taught 49 hours in six programs. • 187 youth identified physical activities that they enjoy during the 4-H Outdoor Classroom physical education session taught by the 4-H agent. • Just over a 152 4-H Club members received health education from 4-H Club Health Officers. • 5 Kanawha County Teen Leaders have completed the Health Ambassador Training o 123 youth received Healthy Life Style Program through the 4-H Discovery Overnight, a day-long weekend event, and at two afterschool programs • 9 middle school youth increased cooking skills and learned about healthy eating.... [tags: Health, Nutrition, Health education, 4-H]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- The Shelby County School system management team is composed of two different divisions: Shelby County Board of Education members and Shelby County Cabinet members. The Board of Education includes nine elected board members, representative of the nine districts within the school system. These board members govern the business operations of schools, district wise. They also hold board meetings, of which SCS supporters, parents, and community members are able to attend and speak on the behalf of their students, their experiences with the school system, and other pressing topics.... [tags: Education, High school, School]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction Jefferson County School System was in the middle of a huge decision to plan for the future and purchase software package that could handle most of the daily recoding activities of all it faculty such as the teacher, counselors, secretaries, principle and vice principle. The activities unlading logging student grades, demographics, schedules just to name a few. This new system would also have to be able to generate schedule automatically with all the possible restrictions. The real issue was if a new system was worth it compared to its own system that was more manual recording.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- As a concerned citizen of Gadsden County, I would like to address the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Gadsden County School Board. This is a proposal that will improve our education system. The schools in our district are achieving pitiful marks in both English and Mathematics, the two core subjects essential to many employers. The website usnews.com found that at East Gadsden High School the proficiency rate in both math and English was 20%. The “Gap between Actual and Expected Performance Index” was -39.6% for East Gadsden High School.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- In Wayne County there is a wide variety of characters. From doctors, to working class heroes, to flat out low lives. What do all these people have in common. They begin their path to whatever may lay ahead at Wayne County High School. The birthplace of all that is Wayne County. As I have watched and experienced over the years, the journey starts freshmen year. Walking up the hill on the sidewalk, dew still on the grass, through those doors into the biggest building on the whole campus, your judgement day can seem a little intimidating, but one soon learns that Wayne County High is not as scary as it seems.... [tags: High school, High School Musical, School]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Here at the University of Charleston we all follow and strive to meet one common mission. “The mission of the University of Charleston is to educate each student for a life of productive work, enlightened living, and community involvement.” There are also six liberal learning outcomes that we strive to learn while attending the University. These LLOs are communication, creativity, ethical practice, and critical thinking, citizenship, and inquiry. Along with these LLOs and the University’s mission, each major has their own mission and outcomes for each student.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Pedagogy]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- System Overview The Lake County Library System consists of an administrative office located in Tavares, nine member libraries, and six branch libraries. Member libraries include: Fruitland Park Library; Helen Lehmann Memorial Library in Montverde; Lady Lake Public Library; Leesburg Public Library; Marianne Beck Memorial Library in Howey-in-the-Hills; Minneola Schoolhouse Library; City of Tavares Public Library; Umatilla Public Library; and the W.T. Bland Public Library in Mount Dora. Branch libraries include: Astor County Library; Cagan Crossings Community Library in the Four Corners area; Cooper Memorial Library in Clermont; East Lake County Library in Sorrento; Marion Baysinger Memorial C... [tags: System Overview]
1892 words (5.4 pages)
- Improving Academics in Our Community As a concerned citizen of Gadsden County, I would like to address the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Gadsden County School Board. This is a proposal that will improve our education system. The schools in our district are achieving pitiful marks in both English and Mathematics, the two core subjects essential to many employers. The website usnews.com found that at east Gadsden high school the proficiency rate in both math and English with 20%. The “Gap between Actual and Expected Performance Index” was -39.6% for East Gadsden High School.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1391 words (4 pages)
- On April 11th, 2016, I attended the monthly Henry County School Board Meeting. At this meeting teachers, parents, students, and board members discussed issues and achievements that have recently occurred within the county. The meeting was conducted by six board members who followed an agenda, which consisted of three different focus areas. The board meeting began with a call of order, progressed by addressing agenda items, and ended with an adjournment. The board meeting started with a call of order, which was led by one of the board members.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Board of directors]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- God’s Plan I would like to discuss how I came to YouthBuild Lake County to get my high school diploma. After I got out of jail I wanted to do something positive with my life and get my high school diploma. I had been arrested several times before I came to YouthBuild. I was twelve when I started hanging out with “bad kids”. They were young adults about ages 19 and 20 who had a poor influence on me. I made the choice to hang with them, but I should have steered clear of them. Instead my peers condoned my behavior which is what got arrested the first time.... [tags: High school, High school diploma, Felony, Gun]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- An Inevitable Revolution By Eric Foner And John Garraty
- The Issue Of Slavery By James Russell Lowell
- What Is The Most Important Challenge You Face? Hr Management Today?
- The Death Penalty Is Cruel And Unnecessary Punishment
- Multiple Identities And False Memories
- The Lottery Funded Georgia Pre K System Where I Completed My Internship