Multi-User: A Multi-User is two or more users that have individual accounts that allow them to work with programs and peripheral devices at the same time.
Multitasking: Multitasking is when a computer is able to run more than one application at the same time, for example have Microsoft Word and Internet open at the same time.
Multiprocessing: Multiprocessing is when an Operating System can support multiple Computer Processing Units (CPU’s)
Multithreading: Multithreading is when a program can complete multiple tasks at the same time. It is similar to Multitasking but allows multiple threads instead of processes. Also since each thread is controlled separately, it can lead to less crashes due to the fact if one thread has an error it will not affect the rest of the program.
Different types of Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 8/8.1:
There is a security feature on this which is Windows Defender and Windows SmartScreen can help protect your PC against spyware, viruses. Family safety will give your kids independence as well as still letting you keep an eye on them and what they are doing. Another Feature on this Operating System is the programmes that you get such as the ones you have always used like PowerPoint, Excel and Word. You can use your mouse and keyboard to organise documents and stuff into specific folders on the desktop. There is a new Graphical User Interface (GUI) design, the start screen is designed more like an mobile app or an Xbox 360. This allows you to really customize and change your start up screen to make it personal to you. There is also a new thing called “One View” this means that when you are working on the desktop, all the applications that you have opened will a...
... middle of paper ...
...lly Bean 4.3 has great features. Networking is one of them, the Bluetooth side is “Bluetooth Smart Support” this uses lower energy, also the Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3, this displays song names on a car stereo. The new graphical user interface features are good as well, this includes the choice of more languages than before furthermore it supports the latest version of the industry standard for high performance graphics. The Keyboard and Input has an easier text input because of the improved algorithm for tap-typing recognition. Another useful feature for customers are the faster user switching feature, you are now able to switch users from the lock screen faster. One main disadvantage of this operating system is that the system starts to become slower when swiping. This can be very frustrating and annoying for users and can then force them to change operating systems.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The fundamentals of any trusted operating system (OS) is based on the eight secure design principles introduced in Saltzer and Schroeder’s article titled “The Protection of Information in Computing Systems” published in 1975. These principles include Least Privilege, Economy of Mechanism, Open Design, Complete Mediation, Permissions Based, Separation of Privilege, Least Common Mechanism, and Ease of Use which have been applied to software and system design over the past four decade to improve the security elements of each design.... [tags: Operating system, File system, Mac OS X]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- “The computer was born to solve problems that did not exist before.” This was stated by Bill Gates, who is considered a brilliant man and the creator of the Windows operating system. Some say that he uncovered the internet and blessed mankind with the powers that most have at our fingertips today. In my lifetime, I have discovered for some individuals computers were created to solve problems, which is easy for Bill Gates to say since his skills are a natural ability. For other individuals I have discovered that all computers do is cause hardships and stress.... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Operating system]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Operating system is a most important and crucial software system which can help the computer to generate the computer programs runs, because a computer with no operating system will can’t perform well. So that the operating system can connected to input device keyboard or mouse, output device like screen or printer and controlling the disk drive. In the large system, operating system plays more useful situation in assist the different types of program and users to runs the system at the same times with not interfere with each other.... [tags: software, computer programs, performance]
2093 words (6 pages)
- The general research area is the sensory and vibrissal system in rodents. This study focuses on understanding the functional characterization of the sensory system through the notion of specificity. By definition, specificity is a measure of the ability of the sensory system to distinguish or discriminate between distinct stimuli (Lucianna, F. A., Farfán, F. D., Pizá, G. A., Albarracín, A. L., & Felice, C. J. 2016). In this case the stimuli are textural. This measure of specificity permits the evaluation of the capability of the sensory system to decode information along with sensitivity.... [tags: Nervous system, Central nervous system]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) has the function that permits simple storage location, which has been available since the earliest computer systems. The main function of a WMS is to manage a warehouse efficiently and effectively. On the one hand, these systems keep record of the storage capacity (Homple & Schmidt, 2007). Other than that, warehousing takes up to 2% to 5% of the cost of sales of a corporation. Today, high competitiveness of global business environment organizations are focusing on Return on Assets, and thus minimizing warehousing costs has become an important business issue to increase its competitiveness (A, Subramanya, & Rangaswamy, 2012).... [tags: information system, computers]
662 words (1.9 pages)
- Firewall : A firewall is a device or software that is used to to control and filter the flow of traffic. A firewall acts as a barrier and the traffic going in each direction must pass through it. A firewall security policy is used to define that which traffic is authorized to pass in each direction. It can be designed either to operate as a filter at the level of IP packets or operate at a higher protocol layer. We can say that Firewalls are the response of a network to a host security problem but not the solution of network problems.... [tags: security, networks, connections]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- Two operating systems currently dominate the smartphone market, Apple and Android. It all started six years ago when Google launched its android system. However, its approach was much different. Google had made just the software, not the device, giving the software free to phone makers to alter and adjust in anyway they pleased to fit their over 70 different phones. Google believed that by offering it free, in the long run would create more internet friendly phones and more ad views for Google. I think that this strategy was successful due to the fact that Android is the world’s most popular operating system loved by many smartphone users.... [tags: smartphones, Google, operating system]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- ... For different input values, the corresponding waveforms will be obtained. The main focus of this research will be towards accessing waveforms and its characteristics that corroborates the industry standard and laboratory experimental values with expected accuracy not lesser than 60%.This software will be made available to work in cross platform operating systems such as Windows, android, Mac etc. so that the user can download and install the application in their favourite media device at their own comfort.... [tags: insulation, electric power]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- Operating systems An operating system is software that completes a device this ranges from a phone, to tablet, to a computer and more. This software is the part of the computer that you know is there but you are not able to touch. It acts as a mediator between the hardware of the device and the user. This is what accepts commands from the user and then lets the hardware know what to do or what the user is requesting. Picture you’re in a foreign country that speaks a different language but you have a friend that 's there with you and they speak that language.... [tags: Operating system, Graphical user interface]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Main Characteristics of Psychology in Egypt To construct a meaningful picture of psychology as it is practiced in Egypt, the following features may be emphasized: 1. The manner in which Egyptian psychology emerged and has been growing over the years has earned it a solid base for a promising future. In this context, most important is the fact that the discipline made its first appearance in 1911 as part of establishing and operating the first secular university and that the discipline's growth was in synchrony with that of the host institution (Cairo University, 1983, p.... [tags: Papers]
1981 words (5.7 pages)