The six characteristics of a person is holism, behavior, self-concept, basic needs, developmental stage and culture. The first characteristic of a person is holism, I believe that nurses need to treat the person as a whole, taking into account their social and spiritual standing not just their physical needs (Carr, 2015, PowerPoint slides, Word document). The second characteristic is the patient 's behavior (Carr, 2015, PowerPoint slides, Word document). Nurses need to confirm the meaning of their behavior and how they are coping with their illness. For example, a patient that has Alzheimer’s may not remember things you tell them, therefore it is important to understand why they are acting a certain way instead of jumping to conclusions. The third characteristic is self- concept, how the patient perceives themselves in very important for care (Carr, 2015, PowerPoint slides, Word document). For example, care could be given to someone who is really weak because they have not eaten anything due to body image. The fourth characteristic is the patient 's basic needs (Carr, 2015, PowerPoint slides, Word document). Abraham Maslow’s pyramid is the best tool to use. The number one priority is the patient 's physiological needs (Carr, 2015, PowerPoint slides, Word document). It is crucial to first care for a patient not able...
... middle of paper ...
...ities and differences of our thoughts of health. Peplau provides six roles that a nurse must act out. These roles ensure the patient is getting the best care for their health. Each of these roles allow a nurse to fully understand the patient from all dimensions. As a nurse giving the power to know information about a patient makes given care so much easier. Peplau believes the six roles of a nurse include: stranger, resource person, teacher, leader, surrogate and a counsellor (Feely. 1999, p.116). A clear difference in our though of health was the way we approached it. My conception of health is about the internal and external variables rather than providing the tools to a good health. Moreover, each person has different obstacles that influence their health. As caregivers we need to know every variable that affects their health.
Moving to a Higher Level of Health
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The way we view ourselves as individuals can shape how we handle certain situations in our lives. “For instance, individuals tend to globally overvalue their positive traits, considering themselves more attractive than the average person (Horton, 2003), and as more attractive than others see them”. (Epley & Whitchurch, 2008)” (Re & Rule, 2016). Meaning most individuals tend to think highly of themselves and focus on their definite “positive traits” more than anything else. By focusing on these traits it is easier for one to only see the characteristics that tend to make them look better to themselves.... [tags: Physical attractiveness]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- One Great Person Essay There are many great people all around us that have impacted our lives in one way or the other. These great people can vary from person to person and from different age groups. They all have different characteristics that make a person great for some people. The characteristics of what makes a great person varies depending on the age of the person that is observing the person they believe are great. Being a great person is being important, compassionate, successful, and many other characteristics.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Meaning of life]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- The Green God Authors incorporate religious principles to set forth the moral characteristics and ideals expected of a person. Literary works are illustrated with biblical allusions to help express the message behind the plot of a story. The poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight integrates biblical beliefs to depict the views on human nature. In this work, Christian concepts are embedded into the poem to suggest the Green Knight’s characterization as God, a representation to test human nature’s fidelity.... [tags: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- From the interview, Hiep Lai stated that leadership is a person who have characteristics of a leader such as influencing, inspiring, trustworthy, integrity, and has a vision and a long-term goal. Also, a leader must be able to listen, communicate, solve problems, and sacrifice for other people. He emphasized that passion and integrity are important values in a leader because when a person love his or her job, he or she will put all the hard works and efforts into it without regrets. Likewise, a leader needs to be true to his or her feeling and commitments as well as considering about the ideas and feelings of others.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Perception, Goal]
703 words (2 pages)
- Characteristics a feature or quality belonging to a person, place or thing and serving to identify it. There are many personal characteristics that can define a person as an individual; some characteristics determined if a person is nice, disrespectful, intelligent, or not intelligent but it determines how a person interprets you. I believe that every individual has integrity as one of their characteristics, but my top three characteristics are Integrity, Compassion, and hard-working and for the person who carried me throughout my whole life “my brother” his characteristics would be his responsibility.... [tags: School, Teacher, Suffering, Person]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- There are those individuals who one can trust very easily, as there are individuals where trust is very hard to come by. I was fortunate enough to have that ability to earn individuals’ trust easily; as it is one of my greatest attributes, being trustworthy. Human beings are sentient beings who rely upon their instincts very little in today’s society, yet it still plays a major part of how they interact with other individuals and form groups. This fundamental instinct has helped many people with their choices, and even on whom I associate myself with as close friends or acquaintances.... [tags: Sociology, Person, Psychology]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- Personality should be something that stands out about someone. They should go out and be proud of who they are. People have many characteristics that make them who they are because they know how to act in situations such as arguments and disputes they might encounter. They have many different ways of showing people how they can act or behave. Someone’s personality is what makes them who they are. They need to work on themselves and who they can become not who they should be. People should build up themselves, not tear each other down they should build each other up.... [tags: Personality psychology, Person, Psychology]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Leadership has many definitions even though these definitions are merely a change of words (Northouse, 2016). The definition that covers most examples of leadership is the ability to influence your subordinates in such a way that your subordinates follow your orders and see the vision you have for your team (Northouse, 2016). Leaders are not born, however some of the characteristics that allow a follower to lead one day may be inherited (Storsletten, 2015). Leaders are obtained from the environment of the individual, such as when the son of the King eventually takes the throne (Northouse, 2016).... [tags: Leadership, Management]
2175 words (6.2 pages)
- Murder Victims In our communities there are often times when families not only have to undergo the pain that comes with the passing of a family member, but not being able to identify their loved one as well is another struggle they have to overcome at times. Over the years there have been several of occasions where crime scene investigators have been tasked with identifying a deceased individual, while some people wonder what the point of it is and others arguing that it is important for a family.... [tags: Person, Individual, Fingerprint, Victim]
1033 words (3 pages)
- There are many personal characteristics that can affect a person as an individual and his professional success, namely openness, ability to learn and adapt etc. These personal characteristics can sometimes make a person successful and sometimes doesn’t. As I spend more and more time as a professional, I perceive that there are few characteristics that are essential for professional success: namely ambitious, creative and adaptable. These characteristics come out in many different ways. Have you set your goals.... [tags: success, career, goals]
713 words (2 pages)