A good leader can be an example for someone else. A leader need to have good qualification about their self. Knowing their pass experience with people. They know how to commutate with people. Looking at the background and pass experience can help choose a good leader. This person can continue to be a good leader by doing things to help people and show leadership. Good leaders must know their responsibility. The person must have enough knowledge in being a leader to be able to make good decision for the peers. A good leader has been shown to be at communication, good decision making skills, and knowing responsibility.
Communication skill are important as a leader. Being able to commutate effective in writing and verbal. When communicate, must know how to talk. Using the proper grammar when communicate with people are important. Poor communication can lead to peers not wanting to respect you as a good leader. Examples of poor communication are intimidating others or not being prepare for a meeting. Leaders must know that they can’t intimidate others, by watching what they say or the things they are doing. Peers expect the leader to be prepare when coming to a meeting it brings a negative impact. Professional is important as a leader. People are looking at the leader to see the qualification they need to maybe become a leader soon. Being involved and building a good relationship with peers. Being a leader doesn’t mean you don’t have to take the time out listen to opinions from peers or anyone else that are trying to bring ideas to the table to make things better. There are several ways that communication skills can inﬂuence leader effectiveness. First, work by (Mintzberg,1973, Pg. 7(2), 83-103) and ...
... middle of paper ...
... a good leader are
communication, good decision making skills, and knowing responsibility. A good leader need to know how to communicate effective with their peers. Poor communication can lead to negative impact on the leader. Verbal and writing in a professional tone, will help with being a good leader. Leaders must know how and when to make good decision. They must be able to learn and focus on the expectation and requirement of making good decision for they peer. Responsibility is an important role for being a good leader. Leaders must know responsibility. The peer want to know that the leader is responsible enough to taking care your responsibility in leading other people. When things failure the peers look at the leader as if they are not being responsible. Communication, good decision making, and knowing your responsibility will help in being a good leader.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Characteristics of a Good Leader A good leader is not defined by his title but by his or her character. God grant that men of principle should be the principal man. (Thomas Jefferson) There are many characteristics that define a good leader such as humility, integrity and discipline these three characteristics are important foundational principles to lead with great character. Humility is a key ingredient to a good leader, when a leader truly understands the importance of humility one will never have an issue of helping someone else better themselves.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Positive psychology, Skill]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- At some point in each person life, they will be required to lead others. For some this can be an exciting thought, while for others it can provoke fear and questions of capability. No matter a person’s reaction to this inevitable reality the unanimous response would be that generally people want to lead others well. In order to be prepared to lead people it is valued for a person to know what qualities can be found in an effective leader. Important characteristics a good leader has been shown to possess are being caring, innovative, and responsible.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Fiedler contingency model]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- A leader is “a person that holds a dominant or superior position within a field, who is able to exercise a high degree of control or influence over others” (Leader – BusinessDictionary.com, n.d.). Characteristics of a good leader include self-awareness, self-direction, vision, the ability to motivate, and social awareness. Thus good leaders possess emotional intelligence (EQ) and leadership qualities and skills. Accordingly, the characteristics listed above are tied directly into EQ (What is "Leadership" and What Makes a Good Leader?, 2013).... [tags: Leadership, Management, Skill]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Shakespeare Quote Trait Leadership is defined as leaders who are born with an innate ability to guide others and get followers naturally, this enables them to excel in leadership roles without much problem. Being born with an innate ability also has nothing to do with bloodline or lineage, a natural born leader can be from anywhere so long as they understand how to use what they have been given. With the ability to easily gain followers due to a natural ability of action as a leader, trait leaders who understand the position as well as having knowledge about the forms of leadership and how to use their power, will become a great leader no matter where they are from.... [tags: Leadership, Emotion]
1766 words (5 pages)
- Introduction Leadership is a very important concept in the area of nursing. Successful leaders can't achieve goals without inspired and motivated followers. Most people have observed nurses who've been placed in leadership positions but failed to capture the hearts and souls of those they lead (Feltner, Mitchell, Norris & Wolfle, 2008). In essence these types of leaders are very ineffective in what they do. In order to be a successful leader, one must possess certain characteristics that not only define who they are but inspire those who they lead.... [tags: Empathy, Excellence]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- Government is the essential power of a country, which directly influences society because it provides somewhat of a security blank for those who are affected by it. Lao-Tzu’s, “Thoughts from the Tao-te Ching,” along with Niccolo Machiavelli’s, “The Qualities of the Prince,” both discuss multiple characteristics that a leader should possess to be a successful. While their goal is similar, in which they both describe what it takes to become a better leader, their ideas concerning leading are conflicting.... [tags: Leadership ]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- A good leader needs to have many particular characteristics. Some of these are obvious, such as that they care about what you are doing and always puts you before themselves. Also another trait of a good leader is that they always keep promises they make. Some of the subtle attributes of a good leader are that they do not hide behind bad news. Moreover, they are easy people to talk to and they have a good if not excellent sense of humor. In my opinion, the best leader would be one that enjoys being the leader, is anyways there when I need him or her, sets tangible milestones, always believes that I can do everything, is optimistic, gets everyone involved, wants everyone to be successful, an... [tags: Leadership]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- Dante and Machiavelli were both writers who felt that society and leaders were greatly mislead in their approach of operating the state. Yet even they had very contrasting beliefs in their view of what was ideal for a society to function properly. Machiavelli judges religious or political leaders is based there’s ability to maintain order and unity, regardless of whether one or not need these leaders put there morality and ethics aside for this greater benefit of one’s state. This differs greatly from Dante because his evaluation of the leaders of his time is based solely on how true they stay to moral and ethical virtues.... [tags: morality, ethics, leadership, politics]
1807 words (5.2 pages)
- Throughout 2016, many different people will claim they can lead America to greatness again just as they do each election year. This directs attention towards leadership, and most Americans simply trust that these potential candidates display leadership characteristics. Unfortunately, politicians don’t always exemplify leadership, and many Americans experience poor leaders daily such as dreadful bosses. Because of these commonplace experiences, leadership may not appear as a direct character trait.... [tags: Communication, Management, Leadership, Sociology]
700 words (2 pages)
- Leader Characteristics Charismatic leadership is one of four subdivisions of the larger concept of transformational leadership (Bass, 1990). Charismatic leaders are self-confident, dominant, purposeful, articulate, influential, idealistic, and expressive. They have high energy levels, strong convictions, the ability to display empathy, and are risk takers (Bass, 1990). By stimulating "ailing corporations, revitalizing aging bureaucracies or launching new enterprises" (Howell and Avolio, 1995), charismatic leaders demonstrate how truly effective they can be.... [tags: Sociology Leadership Leader Management]
1744 words (5 pages)
- The Royal Court Production Of Father Comes Home From The Wars
- Finding Love Has Turned Into Reality Episodes Of Fast Relationships And Serial Dating
- Native Americans And The New World
- The Indentured Servant Of The Virginia Colony
- How Napoleon Was A Master Of Persuasion
- Domestic Violence : A Victim Of Domestic Abuse