That homecoming dance was actually John and I’s first date. We had never gone out before then but to say the least it was an interesting night. I for one was the only girl in the group so I was socializing with boys the whole night, not a problem but I didn’t know what to expect, I grew up going to a Christian school for most of my life and had no idea what to expect from high school dances. I’ll admit I looked pretty good that night and was having so much fun!
I didn’t really know what John and I were, were we just friends hanging out or did he want to be my boyfriend? I did not know. So when it got to the slow dancing part we were swaying back and forth having a great time, but side note for this story I swear to god I am half deaf at least so while we were dancing he was trying to talk to me and I had no clue what he was saying. I literally just shook my head and nodded whenever I saw his lips moving. Also side note I didn’t know John had never kissed anyone before so the whole time we were slow dancing I was wondering if he was going to kiss me. So the whole time I was trying to make out what he was saying to me I kept wondering if he was saying we should kiss, so one time when he leaned in to talk to my ear because I said I couldn’t here him I went in for a kiss but very slyly avoided it. To this day I’m pretty sure he had no idea I was going in for a kiss. The night ended well and after that we decided to make it “official” and we became boyfriend and girlfriend.
So now that I was “officially” John’s girlfriend I set out to be the best girlfriend I could possibly be, so I thought I would start by getting John’s friends to like me. I didn’t really have any classes with any of his friends so at...
... middle of paper ...
...to an end and I was gone for the entire summer so things were just at a stand still I would say. We were at what I would call a plateau in this relationship and I told myself that summer that when I came back I would ask Caleb Tenneson out whether scared little freshman me liked it or not.
Sad part to this story is that little freshman soon-to-be sophomore Maddy never got the chance, for her parents thought it was great timing to move again, but that didn’t stop anything from happening with this story.
Chapter Seven - Sophomore Year
We moved to Utah.
I hated everyone.
Found out I loved allstar cheer.
My mom asked me one time if I had a crush on anyone in school and I told her I did but he lived in Oregon and we didn’t talk much since we moved.
Swerved boys left and right and didn’t even know it.
That is all I have to say about sophomore year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First semester college freshman battle stress, depression, and anxiety caused by the transition from high school to college. Adaptation alone is a stressful series of occurring events, and to adapt to their [freshman] surrounding environment, an individual must manage problems, challenges, and demands in his or her daily life (Dyson 2). The transition from high school to a major university is portrayed as the process of growing into adulthood from youth. On top of being unfamiliar with college life, many freshmen second guess their academic abilities and whether or not they can meet the expatiations of their over zealous parents.... [tags: college, freshman,]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Freshman year is always talked about as one of the most important years of school because that’s when grades start to actually matter. Grades become set in the stone like pyramid hieroglyphics compared to our old grades that washed away like coarse sand castles on the beach. The grades you receive that first semester will be part of your GPA the rest of your high school education. Not only do the grades start counting, but some students find it difficult adjusting to high school level classes. For me, freshmen English was the year my writing had to make drastic changes.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Ninth grade]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapter Ten - Senior Year I can tell you right now that I took this year for granite. Only because I didn’t realize how amazing it was to get to see the love of my life every single day. It was just so repetitive and normal that I was being to not know anything different. The year began like any other, our lives consumed with football and cheerleading. How typical of a high school couple. Fall is my favorite time of year and I loved every second of it. One of the happiest things I’m so glad I did that year was get pictures of Caleb and I in our uniforms together.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, Love, 2008 albums]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- I am currently in my junior year here at Purdue and I joined the College Mentors for Kids program my freshman year. I have had a little buddy each year in the program and have enjoyed every bit of it. I can truly see a change in my little buddies, having watched them learn and grow. This makes me very happy and helps me make the positive impact that I want to make on these children’s lives. My experiences have been positive and I would not change it one bit, even during some times where there may have been challenges.... [tags: Management, Want, Help me, Musical notation]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- CHAPTER SIX Frozen in Time The next day was hot and sticky, so I dashed outside and ambled off down a shady, well worn path that dipped low and circled around a creek which had been dammed up to form a swimming hole. I climbed up onto a small overhanging dock stretched out my arms and dove deep into the cool water. I amused myself for some time treading water, swimming laps, and bobbing up and down. Then, in the afternoon I marched off on sopping wet, slippery sandals back to the house and ate two peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums, Cyclops]
2115 words (6 pages)
- College is the time when a person goes from being a kid to a young adult. This is also the time when a person is on his or her own but also needs to learn how to be responsible at the same time. But as time goes by, we students have learned the hard way that it’s extremely easy to let that freedom get to our heads and go a bit overboard causing us to screw something up. Studies have shown that students who’d never had a problem doing homework find themselves failing tests when there’s no one around to motivate them to attend class.... [tags: college life]
636 words (1.8 pages)
- The debate has been going on for years. Is it normal or should you be concerned about the freshman 15. The freshman 15 is a term known for the around fifteen or plus pounds a typical college student gains during their first year of college. The usual argument is that college students are unprepared for life on their own and that once they have control they make eating healthy their last priority. However, an article from the Huffington Post suggests otherwise; that in fact it is not the students fault but the schools and their overwhelming smorgasbord of unhealthy food choices.... [tags: student weight gain first year of college]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Freshman Year Reflection Paper When I first packed everything to move to Springfield, I was excited to start college in a new place and really be independent. During the first week of classes, I swore that I would not be able to survive this first semester. I did not expect some of the classes to be as difficult as they turned out to be. Other issues with a roommate led the first weeks to be rough; however, I started to like college once I found my ground and got my head straight. Once I was on campus and on my own, the allure of being independent disappeared.... [tags: High school, Personality psychology, Class]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- I, Darren Garner, am writing to expiate how recent circumstances in my life have impacted my matriculation at Dalton State College. Many trials and tribulations have planted themselves in my path to success throughout my post education career. Though the adversity may have stressed and crippled my drive to be successful I still managed to show a spirit of excellence in my matriculation. Many opportunities for me to halt my education have presented themselves boldly but me having the mindset of modesty and tranquility have kept me afloat and focus on my priorities.... [tags: High school, Family, Greatest hits, Homework]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- My freshman year was suppossed to be my year, the year I was finally going to be in "Highschool".It was considered the most important year in my life, that I could've only dreamed about. You see,from the fifth to eighth grade i attended homeschool and smaller schools. Highschool was going to be big!I thought I was finally going to be considered a young adult.This very year 2012 would be the hardest year of my life. I remeber this year like the back of my hand. My bestfriends were Jatereus, Leneice, Denise, and J'Quaylon.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Essay About Myself]
1265 words (3.6 pages)