That homecoming dance was actually John and I’s first date. We had never gone out before then but to say the least it was an interesting night. I for one was the only girl in the group so I was socializing with boys the whole night, not a problem but I didn’t know what to expect, I grew up going to a Christian school for most of my life and had no idea what to expect from high school dances. I’ll admit I looked pretty good that night and was having so much fun!
I didn’t really know what John and I were, were we just friends hanging out or did he want to be my boyfriend? I did not know. So when it got to the slow dancing part we were swaying back and forth having a great time, but side note for this story I swear to god I am half deaf at least so while we were dancing he was trying to talk to me and I had no clue what he was saying. I literally just shook my head and nodded whenever I saw his lips moving. Also side note I didn’t know John had never kissed anyone before so the whole time we were slow dancing I was wondering if he was going to kiss me. So the whole time I was trying to make out what he was saying to me I kept wondering if he was saying we should kiss, so one time when he leaned in to talk to my ear because I said I couldn’t here him I went in for a kiss but very slyly avoided it. To this day I’m pretty sure he had no idea I was going in for a kiss. The night ended well and after that we decided to make it “official” and we became boyfriend and girlfriend.
So now that I was “officially” John’s girlfriend I set out to be the best girlfriend I could possibly be, so I thought I would start by getting John’s friends to like me. I didn’t really have any classes with any of his friends so at...
... middle of paper ...
...to an end and I was gone for the entire summer so things were just at a stand still I would say. We were at what I would call a plateau in this relationship and I told myself that summer that when I came back I would ask Caleb Tenneson out whether scared little freshman me liked it or not.
Sad part to this story is that little freshman soon-to-be sophomore Maddy never got the chance, for her parents thought it was great timing to move again, but that didn’t stop anything from happening with this story.
Chapter Seven - Sophomore Year
We moved to Utah.
I hated everyone.
Found out I loved allstar cheer.
My mom asked me one time if I had a crush on anyone in school and I told her I did but he lived in Oregon and we didn’t talk much since we moved.
Swerved boys left and right and didn’t even know it.
That is all I have to say about sophomore year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First semester college freshman battle stress, depression, and anxiety caused by the transition from high school to college. Adaptation alone is a stressful series of occurring events, and to adapt to their [freshman] surrounding environment, an individual must manage problems, challenges, and demands in his or her daily life (Dyson 2). The transition from high school to a major university is portrayed as the process of growing into adulthood from youth. On top of being unfamiliar with college life, many freshmen second guess their academic abilities and whether or not they can meet the expatiations of their over zealous parents.... [tags: college, freshman,]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Maybon. Ms. Veigel had a reputation of being one of the strictest teachers at my school. If the projector was aimed at the perfect angle, you could almost see devil horns protruding from her curly red hair. I was ecstatic when I heard her state “You’ll be writing poems as your first assignment” I could not believe the first grade going into the Gradebook would be one of the simplest English assignments you can receive. I waited until the final due date and started slamming my keyboard to crank it out with minutes before class to spare.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Ninth grade]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Chapter Ten - Senior Year I can tell you right now that I took this year for granite. Only because I didn’t realize how amazing it was to get to see the love of my life every single day. It was just so repetitive and normal that I was being to not know anything different. The year began like any other, our lives consumed with football and cheerleading. How typical of a high school couple. Fall is my favorite time of year and I loved every second of it. One of the happiest things I’m so glad I did that year was get pictures of Caleb and I in our uniforms together.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, Love, 2008 albums]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- ... In the past, I have had a variety of leadership positions, ranging from sports teams’ captains to secretary of educational organizations. Currently I am serving as a senator for Purdue Student Government representing the College of Education, and an Ambassador as well. These experiences have prepared me for a staff position in College Mentors for Kids by helping me with time management, working with different types of people and reaching out to different groups to collaborate in order to achieve a common goal.... [tags: Management, Want, Help me, Musical notation]
1236 words (3.5 pages)
- CHAPTER SIX Frozen in Time The next day was hot and sticky, so I dashed outside and ambled off down a shady, well worn path that dipped low and circled around a creek which had been dammed up to form a swimming hole. I climbed up onto a small overhanging dock stretched out my arms and dove deep into the cool water. I amused myself for some time treading water, swimming laps, and bobbing up and down. Then, in the afternoon I marched off on sopping wet, slippery sandals back to the house and ate two peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums, Cyclops]
2115 words (6 pages)
- College is the time when a person goes from being a kid to a young adult. This is also the time when a person is on his or her own but also needs to learn how to be responsible at the same time. But as time goes by, we students have learned the hard way that it’s extremely easy to let that freedom get to our heads and go a bit overboard causing us to screw something up. Studies have shown that students who’d never had a problem doing homework find themselves failing tests when there’s no one around to motivate them to attend class.... [tags: college life]
636 words (1.8 pages)
- The debate has been going on for years. Is it normal or should you be concerned about the freshman 15. The freshman 15 is a term known for the around fifteen or plus pounds a typical college student gains during their first year of college. The usual argument is that college students are unprepared for life on their own and that once they have control they make eating healthy their last priority. However, an article from the Huffington Post suggests otherwise; that in fact it is not the students fault but the schools and their overwhelming smorgasbord of unhealthy food choices.... [tags: student weight gain first year of college]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- ... I am an introverted person and do not like going ‘out of my bubble’ and talking to new people. Yet, new friends that I made this semester have helped me become more extroverted. Going to college in a new state is really daunting, but it really helped me figure out what kind of person I want to be in life. Choosing a major that I would be happy with took a couple of weeks, I was concerned about if I was making the right choice. I believe I changed it about three times in the first two months of school, but now I am happy with CMB.... [tags: High school, Personality psychology, Class]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- I, Darren Garner, am writing to expiate how recent circumstances in my life have impacted my matriculation at Dalton State College. Many trials and tribulations have planted themselves in my path to success throughout my post education career. Though the adversity may have stressed and crippled my drive to be successful I still managed to show a spirit of excellence in my matriculation. Many opportunities for me to halt my education have presented themselves boldly but me having the mindset of modesty and tranquility have kept me afloat and focus on my priorities.... [tags: High school, Family, Greatest hits, Homework]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- My freshman year was suppossed to be my year, the year I was finally going to be in "Highschool".It was considered the most important year in my life, that I could've only dreamed about. You see,from the fifth to eighth grade i attended homeschool and smaller schools. Highschool was going to be big!I thought I was finally going to be considered a young adult.This very year 2012 would be the hardest year of my life. I remeber this year like the back of my hand. My bestfriends were Jatereus, Leneice, Denise, and J'Quaylon.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Essay About Myself]
1265 words (3.6 pages)