Client (Genesis) approaches me to discuss her current symptoms and past illness, family history, and stressors that she is experiencing in her current life for examples: husband is a pilot who is away regularly. He is underemployed; they rely on her salary to make ends meet. Client doesn’t like to make changes and this is her second marriage. First marriage ended after 7 years; she felt similarly at the 4 year mark. This is year 4 of the current relationship. Client persisted problem(s) has been going on for couple months due to her husband leaving home on regularly basis; financial stress (husband unemployed) only one income in the household her anxiety level is high. There is no third party involved (refer to psychosocial assessment, mental status exam and family genogram).
During the sessions I made notes as well videotaping regarding the symptoms and past illness of the client. After, few individual counseling sessions and evaluating client appearance and behavior patterns; I c...
... middle of paper ...
...ng the client not to feel anxiety when her husband leaves to work for a long period. One of the goal is to have the client is when husband leaves; try to get a family member to ride, co-worker to ride with, or her four year old daughter. This will ease the anxiety and separation level to be lower until him return
Plan for the next session:
I will follow up with the client in subsequent sessions by having the client complete a Self-Directed Search package to seek about career change or other options. The main issues and concerns are worthwhile to explore are: explore steps previously taken toward increased activity & happiness and teach anxiety & depression management tools and strategies. The process goals the client and I will accomplish are to bring a normal level of anxiety for the client and to have more pleasure activities with herself, family, and friends.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Based on “The Myers Briggs Type Indicator” self- assessment, my results reflect myself. I've taken similar tests in the past to see how I would collaborate with people that had similar interests as me. My results were ISFJ, meaning Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, and Judgement. It’s based of Extraversion- Introversion, Sensing- Intuition, Thinking- Feeling, and Judging- Perceiving. There are five careers that satisfyingly fit my personality traits: Interior Photographer, Design Consultant, Real Estate Developers, Facilities Management, and Entertainment Design.... [tags: Set construction, Scenic design]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- A person should never be afraid to do the right thing, especially if someone’s well-being is at stake. Society’s punishments are petty compared to the wounds people would impose on their soul when they turn their head and look the other way. That’s why being a direct/ regular Social Worker is a great field to take interest in and pursue. A Social Worker is someone who promotes social changes. They are problem-solvers, and family and relationship counselors. They are here to promote, enhance, and ensure the well-being of the society.... [tags: punishment, social change, domestic violence]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Some day you might find yourself sitting at your desk wondering what life would be like if you’ve chosen a different career path. In today’s world, it doesn’t even need to be a distant dream – career change is possible and a lot of people take the steps to change their career paths in wild ways. But change is not always easy. If you don’t approach the career change the right way, you might end up feeling sad and angry. So, what are the big mistakes to avoid. Here are the ten worst mistakes career changers can make to help you avoid them.... [tags: Career, Need, Want, 2007 singles, WANT]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- In reading this passage “No Long Term: New Work and the Corrosion of Character” by Sociologist Richard Sennett which first appeared in The Personal Consequences of work in the New Capitalism(1998); he begins by claiming that today’s work ethics are so different from past generations. Sennett finds that in past generations things were long-term and today things are short-term resulting in a conflict between character and experience. In reading it has broadened my opinion of how much change that has happened in such a short period of time concerning work ethic.... [tags: Literary Analysis ]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Vocation is a word that brings different feelings into my mind. When I was little I thought of it as something that “happens” to certain people. I thought it was a “called” that people hear one day as a mystical divine signal. For some reason vocation was only applied to certain careers, careers that involved a very specific talent and consequently involved only people who were chosen as it were an omen. Doctors had vocation, priests and nuns, missionaries, artist, intellectuals, scientists, politicians, but not regular people.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Debut albums, Feeling]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- In the reading, “Education for Macro Intervention a Survey of Problems and Prospects,” the author Jack Rothman discusses challenges facing Macro Practice in Schools of Social Work. Rothman’s concern is the lack of interest or lack of academic support for the community or administration macro practice in social work education. According to Rothman, this issue is not recent or unrecognized in the profession and among social work’s professionals. After reviewing the responses of his claim, Rothman suggests that students lack interest in macro practice due to short supply of scholarships and most school curriculums are primarily clinical, which neglects or marginalized macro courses... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Psychotherapy]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction YasodharaBaudhaMadhyamikVidhyalaya was established by Ms. ShredayaGuruma in 2013 B.S. with the motto…..It aims to produce good citizens and talented manpower for the country. It is only school in Nepal that has a subject based on life story of Lord Buddha. This school has provided education to those students from more than 50 districts of Nepal. In 2018, with the help of locals, this school was officially registered in the books of government. This school brought the S.L.C programme in 2057 B.S.... [tags: Social Work, Programs, Projects]
1915 words (5.5 pages)
- When I was young, I always dreamed of being a fashion designer or prize-winning author. I saw my name in lights and my life in luxury. I never imagined that at the ripe old age of 15, I would change my entire career path and future, but I did. I took a standardized test in high school that included a career portion that would indirectly tell you what you should do with the rest of your life. Up until this point, I had only every heard horror stories of social workers removing children from homes and breaking families apart.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Educational Goals and Philosophy How do I feel about teaching. I feel that the most important career an individual could choose would be education. Teachers play an important role in the lives of young children. They help shape and mold the world's future citizen that will run companies, be politicians, doctors, lawyers, teachers, electricians, construction workers, or whatever they desire. I feel that the most important role of a teacher is to provide children with the best possible education that is available.... [tags: Teaching Education Careers Essays]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- My Career I do not know that anyone chooses a career in life. It seems that fate or certain outside forces influences the decisions you make in life. These forces change your life from one career to the next until you end up in your retirement years looking back on your life thinking of the “what ifs." I guess I have to open the topic of my paper “My Career” with me in my teens because my life has turned direction several times since then. Originally I had my heart set on a football career. I was fairly good at it playing both offensive and defensive positions.... [tags: Personal Narrative Careers Essays]
1753 words (5 pages)