My major is Mechanical Engineering. Mechanical Engineering is a field in engineering which deals with the design, development, building and testing of both simple and complex machines and engines, some of which include generators, combustion engines, steam engines and so on. They are professionals who apply the knowledge of math and science to produce useful solutions for the benefit of all. This field is one of the most versatile engineering fields, such that there are numerous areas one can specialize in like “manufacturing or agricultural production, maintenance or technical sales; many become administrators or managers”(sloan career cornerstone centre). It cuts across almost all other fields of engineering as they design and construct systems and devices used by all other engineers. It takes about four to five years of college to get a mechanical engineering degree. Mechanical engineers have created all sorts of machines and devices which are being used in our society today, and have benefitted us a whole lot. For example, the design and construction of a refrigerator which is used in the present day to preserve food stuff and keep our drinks cold, the design of elevators and escalators which make it easier and faster for us to get to higher floors of a building, the invention of generators as an alternative source of electricity generation and so on. Although many of these inventions are as a result of the ingenuity of mechanical engineers, there are still some challenges in this field. This paper will examine a few of the challenges in the field of mechanical engineering.
One of these problems is engineering of new and improved tools...
... middle of paper ...
...loves and safety shoes. If the any employee get injury that means wastage on the factory because they compelled to pay for his treatment, and it considers loss one of their employees. A good engineer is who follow the instructors perfectly without any mistakes.
In conclusion, Mechanical Engineers have to brace themselves and prepare for the challenges that await their field of study in even subsequent centuries. So far, various mechanical technologies have been designed to aid the advancement of research and other purposes. Mechanical engineers have to engineer the tools for scientific discovery, systems that would promotes more access to water, devise renewable energy tools, and improve urban infrastructure to make quality of life better. At the end the most important thing that must the engineers takes as significant rule is the safety is first!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone wants to be something from a doctor to a stylist, I want to be a mechanical engineer. This is something I have always wanted to do in my life, the opportunities that exist in this field can lead to anything. Mechanical engineers are able to do many tasks in the job environment from designing, to developing, and also building. In addition, as new companies are starting up they will need mechanical engineers to help them develop their product. All of the engineering fields have great pay, that is able to support my family and also my parents.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Almost every child growing up in the United States is faced with the question of what they want to become when they get older. As i grew older, the answer to this question changed overtime but eventually settled on one major, Mechanical Engineering. To begin, one of the most influential reason as to why I would want to become a Mechanical Engineer is something that I more discovered about myself versus observing myself. Throughout my years of playing video games and taking particular classes in school, i found myself taking a particular interest wanting to know how and why things worked.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Expository essay: Everything is real. Have you ever thought about how people like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates became the people who everybody knows. Imagine if those guys have a bachelor’s degree how more successful they could be. I have asked myself the question above and I found out that they were going for the things that they loved. For instance, when Steve Jobs was young he liked everything what was related to mechanisms. He built his first computer right in the garage. I am applying for mechanical engineering program in science department because it is my thing and I am 100% sure I will be a good engineer.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- “If you love your job, it will not feel like a job,” said Libardo Ochoa, my father, A graduate from NEIT (New England Institute of Technology) who studied Mechanical Engineering. He is not your average Mechanical engineer; he’s much more than that. To elaborate, the evidence that shows his accomplishments and achievements can be found by simply Googling his name. Googling his name will show the 74 patents he currently holds as well as his record with NEIT. As he says so himself “I did not obtain my achievements and accomplishments because of some luck, I worked hard for them.” Besides being a great Mechanical Engineer he has also been a great father to me.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- Past, Present, and Future analysis of Mechanical engineering Mechanical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with physics, and scientific principles to analyze, design, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. Mechanical engineering has been in exciting long ago. Mechanical engineers look at challenges to see how mechanical devices to overcome those challenges. They fabricate mechanical devices using analysis and computer-aided method. Mechanical engineers produce machines such as steam generator and engines.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Design]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Search Story It took me a while to finally realize what I wanted to do for my project. It took me sometime but I finally realize that cars have always been my life. For this very reason is why I choose to go with something that involve cars. Mechanical Engineering stood out to me because it involves the creation of the cars. The way the engine works is due to Mechanical Engineers, without engineers like them we would be lost. I choose Mechanical Engineering because I already have some knowledge when it comes to cars.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Mechanical Engineer: Inventor of The New World In the midst of the darken night, hearing the roars of thunder filling the sky, a young man is studying to become an inventor to generate a new world. Trying to create a world without hearing sirens running down the street every five minutes or hearing gun shots that sound like firecrackers is challenging. He became numb to these, trying to find a way out to make his home better and become an engineer that can make his dreams happen. Truly, the creators of technology is the builder of the new world that advances technology to benefit and connect everyone to each other.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
2062 words (5.9 pages)
- Dreams Do you remember what it felt like to be a teen and wonder what your future would become. That is right where I am at. As a freshman in high school, I have begun thinking about what my future in life will be. Which school, what career path, and where. All of these options are very overwhelming. At the moment, I would like to follow the path of engineering, manufacturing, and technology, and pursue college degrees in computer science and mechanical engineering. In order to achieve my dream, I can use background career knowledge, ACT test requirements, and habits designed to help you get to where you want to go.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Proactive]
2578 words (7.4 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Mechanical engineering is one of the largest and oldest divisions of engineering. Mechanical engineering is an important job in today’s world because; they can do various jobs ranging from manufacturing systems, physical science, to working on power systems. Mechanical engineering is a job that can take year’s education, it’s also a job in high demands for young engineers of today’s world. Education Needed In order to get the education needed to become a mechanical engineer you would have to master the following four major subjects: Math, English, Physics, and Chemistry.... [tags: education, engineers, demand]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- A mechanical engineer works with the principles of motion, energy and force. Usually a machine changes one form of movement into another. Mechanical engineers design machines whose parts work in a safe, reliable and efficient way. Mechanical engineers apply scientific method to find the answers to mechanical problems. Many laws and principles developed by scientists are used every day by the mechanical engineer. Mechanical engineers contribute to many industries and occupations. Some mechanical engineers work in areas not usually thought to require engineering.... [tags: Technology, Informative]
322 words (0.9 pages)