Business Intelligence (BI), what is it? Why is BI important to the small business owner? More importantly, why is should a small business hire someone to help analyze their “data”. What can a consultant know about a Used Car Dealership, Fast Food restaurant, or a Law Office? That question while relevant is not a question that will be answer within this proposal. This proposal will focus on how Central Arkansas Business Intelligence, through “Data Analysis” and “BI Tools” can and will help any business, small or large, in Central Arkansas become a “Data Aware” business. However what does the term Data Awareness mean within the scope of a business practices, this proposal shall use a combined definition from the National Data Awareness Project Website; “In the 21st Century, electronically stored information - data - has become the currency of US commerce, civil administration, and cultural and scientific innovation” , and from Encarta Dictionary, “Data, information, often in the form of facts or figures obtained from experiments or surveys, used as a basis for making calculations or drawing conclusions.”, also from Encarta “Aware, well informed about what is going on in the world or about the latest developments in a sphere of activity.” So the final definition: Being Data Aware is the understanding the relationships between different and diverse sections of one business through the use of data analysis, sound business practices, and the use of business intelligence tools.
Marketing being a key factor to any business’ success or failure will be accomplished on multiple fronts. With a limited budget to being with a marketing plan will be based on “viral” marketing. A simple defin...
... middle of paper ...
...m IT management Company Little Rock Arkansas Information Technology Consulting Firm: http://www.edafio.com
Butram System Engineering. (2000, July 06). Butram RPG Software Development and Consulitng. Retrieved March 2, 2010, from Butram RPG Software Development and Consulitng: http://www.butram.com/index.html
Information Week Analytic. (2009). Next-GEn BI is Here. InfromationWeek.
Loshin, D. (2009). Master Data Management. Burlington: Morgan Kaufmann Publishers.
Milton, M. (2009). Head First Data Analysis. Beijing: OReilly.
National Data Awareness Project. (2006, 12 06). Retrieved 03 06, 2010, from National Data Awareness Project: http://ndap.datainstitute.org/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13
Softshoe Technology, Inc. (2010, March 2). Retrieved March 2, 2010, from Softshoe Technology, Inc: http://www.softshoetech.com/ssweb/main.cfm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Executive Summary Business Overview: The proposed small boutique hotel will have up to 30 rooms for accommodations with a small restaurant, catering for 50 people and serving and breakfast and Dinner. In addition, the hotel will have a public / cocktail bar, swimming pool, tennis court, swimming pool and gymnasium. Ownership Structure: The ownership structure of this small boutique hotel will be sole proprietorship. Business Name of the Hotel: ‘Hotel Dreamland’ Location: The location to establish this new business is New South Wales (NSW), Australia.... [tags: Business Proposal]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Business Proposal for Health, Wellness, Exercise, and Nutrition Outreach Education Objective: Outreach Foundation, with the support of major sponsors including small business, corporate, and educational institutions, is on a mission to educate students about the importance of diet and exercise in their personal lives. To challenge our youth to visualize their future as fit, strong and healthy citizens that will allow them an expanded vista of enjoyable and healthy athletic activities. With the support of professional trainers, dieticians and health psychologists the foundation’s dedicated members will go into schools as a team and teach hands-on workshops to student’s k-12.... [tags: Business Proposal]
711 words (2 pages)
- Never have I been the type to try new things willingly; once I am comfortable in my habits, I do not like to change. Coming to the University of Arkansas, however, is a change I welcomed with open arms. Hailing from the small but growing Arkansas town of Greenwood—located about fifteen miles south of Fort Smith—my K-12 years were lived in comfort. My best friend from kindergarten graduated with me twelve years later, and joined me as we travelled up the hill together to pursue our dreams. Hers, a lifelong career in architecture and mine, a degree that can get me into physical therapy school.... [tags: High school, College, Fort Smith, Arkansas]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- PROPOSAL FOR A SENIOR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY BY COLORADO SPRINGS EMPLOYMENT INC. INTRODUCTION Grants Request Document Type: National Aging Grant Funding Opportunity Number: HHS-2010-AOA-SL-1007 Opportunity Category: Title IV Discretionary Projects Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Expected Number of Awards: 7 Estimated Total Program Funding: 7 Award Ceiling: $100,000 Award Floor: $100,000 Grant Application Due Date: April 21, 2010 Grant Proposal Three page description including the following information: Senior employment agency details of funds requested Detail need for service Expected impact of senior employment in the area Stated goals and objectives Ti... [tags: Business Proposal]
2345 words (6.7 pages)
- Business Proposal In today’s busy world where time is precious to everybody; getting readymade food at the door steps is everyone’s wish. That’s the precise reason anyone from small restaurant to the biggest have home food delivery service. Everyone have their own choice in foods and eat different stuff at different time. Even In same family someone may want pizza for dinner, someone want subway sandwich, and someone may want Mexican food. In such situation when everyone in family want different stuff to eat at same time; you may end up spending lots of time going through different food menus, calling different restaurants, putting up separate orders and wait to get all orders delivered so... [tags: Business Proposal]
434 words (1.2 pages)
- Many students on the UCA campus do not know that they are paying $18 per credit hour for the athletic fee alone. The athletic fee at the University of Central Arkansas goes towards funding travel, athletic scholarships, employee salaries, and the basic operations in the department. Students with no interest in sports or relations to the athletic programs believe they should not have to pay for something that they will not be using or benefiting from. The fact is, while the athletic program requires a lot of funding to run, it does a lot of good for the university.... [tags: National Collegiate Athletic Association]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- Needlenutz provides a wide selection of apparel to miscellaneous patterns to choose from. The selection of yarn that my store handles will interest our targeted market from the assortments of color to the weight of the yarn. We also provide different colors and sizes of needles for your project as to even carrying yarn bags to help keep you organized. Needlenutz buys in bulk from our manufacturer to keep shipping costs down. The does offer an choice for our customers depending on the project they are making as they can buy in multiples or a single yarn roll at their convenience.... [tags: Business Proposal ]
1399 words (4 pages)
- EUROPEAN LAUNCH PROPOSAL Updated: 23 July 2010 OVERVIEW The following plan outlines the suggested activity for the launch of Energizer’s new Energi to Go power pack line of products in Europe. Energizer will formally introduce the products within the Energi To Go power pack line to key technology and consumer media in August. This falls within the summer holidays and is a quiet time for journalists as many are away. In addition to which, a number of the European publications shutdown for the month or operate with a skeletal staff.... [tags: Business Proposal]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- Business Proposal for Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. The following is a proposal for Sirius Satellite Radio to gain exclusive rights to Division 1 college football. It examines Sirius' current business model and how this new line of programming could be incorporated in to the existing model. Sirius Satellite Radio offers advertisement free, subscription based, satellite radio service in the United States and Canada. Sirius was founded in 1990 as Satellite CD Radio Inc., but, according to Radio Ink, officially changed it's name, to the current designation, in 1999.... [tags: Business Strategy Proposal Satellite Radio]
1749 words (5 pages)
- Aim: To produce satisfying films and related products in order to earn an appropriate profit and at least not lose money; and of course earning more out of the less is what we hope for. Outline of what we will involve As an overview, we will be involved in the producing/ filming of films with and without other business parties. As a start, we would like to share both the work, costs and gains; and after having enough experience, we would try to manage ourselves. Product Product name: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Details: This is a film we have produced, based on the novel of the same name, by the well known author J.K.... [tags: Film Movie Harry Potter Business Proposal]
882 words (2.5 pages)