In the past, all human interaction was done face to face because the technologies that are currently used did not existed before.The discovery of the cell phones is one of the most significant technological advances of all times that has created a great impact in today’s society. Nowadays the use of cell phones has increased rapidly and it has been converted into a "social object" (Srivastava 111). Thanks to its great development, this type of technology helps the social interaction between people around the world (Srivastava 119). The mobile telephony has revolutionized society, which has brought advantages and disadvantages to the people who engage with this technological device (Hanson et al. 4).
According to Srivastava, the use of telephones makes life easier (114). Mobile communication facilitates the social interaction between people from different countries and helps strengthen the social ties of the people (Jin et al. 612). Also, cell phones provide direct communication between people, whether they are family, friends, or strangers (Kalogeraki et al. 121). In adition to h...
... middle of paper ...
...today’s professional life (Srivastava 119). The cell phone provides rapid access to information, but it can also have a negative side. Some negative things about this device are that it has become a “fashion accessory,” and people are buying it by how it looks (Srivastava 115).
The phone cell is ambiguous, it has both positive as negative effects on a society. The world is full of technology in different forms, and the mobile phone is one of them. Cell phones can be both helpful and harmful to today’s society, everything depends on the use given to it. Thanks to this technology, the world has evolved and has made people’s life easier. Today there is more technology than yesterday, and tomorrow there will be more technology than today. For this and many other reasons, it is important to know the impact caused by this technology to improve the present and the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Similar to the atomic bomb, cell phones have changed the world dramatically. In a society where people depend heavily on technology, cell phones are one of the most significant and popular pieces of technology. Although some are opposed to relying on cell phones because of the possibility of ruined relationships and lack of face-to-face communication, nearly all ranges of age groups in every part of the world are still owners of a cell phone. Therefore, the amount of cell phone users in the world demonstrates the importance and positive impact they have on society in various ways.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Cellular network]
2310 words (6.6 pages)
- Do cell phones benefit or affect the people who use it. Do cell phones unite human beings or separate them. An invention that has changed the world and has made it enter to a globalization stage is the cell phone. Since 1984 when the cell phone was commercially introduced, the world has evolved a lot and the people has changed in many aspects (Willis 24). The telephone is the most widely technology used today that helps man communicate with several people from one place to another. Without any doubts, the use of cell phones has a great influence on people and creates positive and negative effects one’s social interaction, learning, behavior, and privacy.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Technology is usually viewed as an amazing thing that benefits everyone. The truth is that while technology may give us more easy access to information and communications it has negatively impacted our society. The cell phone is a technology that has become increasingly popular and more advanced in recent years. With the increase in their popularity, cell phones have not only negatively affected people’s health, but also their everyday social skills. The impact of cell phones can be most acutely felt during a person’s late teens to their early adult life.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Technology has improved a lot in over the last decade. Today’s cell phones are becoming more and more popular nowadays and with its user-friendly design, it’s making it more convenient for all age groups. Cell phones have made a significant impact on the social life of youth and have benefited their education. With its capabilities from voice and text services, today’s technology in cell phones offer a great camera, alarm clock, navigation, radio, email, internet, and allow access to a variety of useful applications.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Cellular network]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- These days, it’s hard to find anyone around without a cell phone, but majority are unaware of negative effects. A cell phone is a miniscule device that transmits and takes voice calls and often other messages through wireless receiver signals (“Cellular Telephone”). This diminutive telephone has numerous capabilities such as, taking photographs, producing entertainment, and browsing the internet. Cell phones let others voice themselves in an artistic way and philosophically mobile phones represent how we ourselves reflect and benefit though technology.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Sharp Corporation]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- In today’s world the vast majority of the population owns a cell phone. Cell phones are a huge part of people’s everyday lives. Since the 1940’s when mobile phones became available for automobiles, phone companies have made huge strides in making mobile phones more efficient, much smaller, and more available for anyone to use. There was a time where only people of wealth had these types of mobile phones. Now people from all social classes own a cell phone. They are extremely convenient and have the ability to do just about anything you can think of.... [tags: Cell Phone vs Society]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Cell phones are a remarkable piece of technology, and they’re used all over the world and for communicating with one another. Millions of people use them for either personal or business. Cell phones started booming in the late 80’s and have sky rocketed since then with their cool sleek designs, stylish colors, and the capability of using the internet. Cell phones started out with Motorola first and now have many carriers that provides cell phone service. Cell phones are great to have but not using them correctly could be dangerous.... [tags: Cell Phones]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- As technology further advances and becomes more evident in today’s society, it creates an overlooked issue with regard to teenager’s use of cell phones. There is no arguing that cell phones can be implemented in a positive manner by making it easier for us to keep in touch with people locally, as well as around the world. However, when not used in moderation cell phones most definitely have a detrimental impact on today’s modern teens. This is not something that has suddenly evolved from nothing, as Albert Einstein predicted, “I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction.... [tags: cell phones, technology, sexting]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Imagine, you are late for work and you have to be there as soon as possible. You do not have time to use the house phone to call work, so you get in your car and while you are driving down the road, you use your cell phone to call your boss. You look down for exactly 5 seconds, and you never look up again. Now tell me, are cell phones dangerous. Not only can cell phones be dangerous on the road, they are dangerous off the road. Many people do not understand how harmful they can be, which is what I am here to tell you.... [tags: texting, accidents, teenagers, harmful]
515 words (1.5 pages)