Artistic & Philosophical
Cell phones contribute to others’ ability to express themselves in an artistic way through photography. Self-expression leads many individuals to take photographs. Camera phones allow many users the chance to voice and display themselves to the world (Gye 279 ). According to Anne McClure, in modern times it’s hard to find cell phones without a camera. The use of cell phones in society gives people an innovative way to express themselves and create memories at that moment. A professional photographer, Micheal McLaughlin, believes that the mundane act of the camera phone shooting “has refined the medium;” meaning that cellular camera phone technology consist of another class of traditional photography, sculpture, along with fine art (Kling 65). According to Andrew Kling, the pictures that many take on their cell phones may seem ordinary, but they obtain great significance for individuals who take them.
Currently people are capturing photos with cell phones, leading to the development of the word “selfie.” A selfie is a quick self-portrait, made with a...
... middle of paper ...
...s included are valid.
The articles excluded were those pertaining to cell phones on an international basis such as the article “Korea Shows the Way,” that talk about telecommunication in Korea. Another is the articles affiliated with laws that didn’t deal with cell phones or accidents that have were not correlated with cell phones. The article, “Understanding the spread of malicious mobile-phone programs and their damage potential” was not included because it was biased, weakening its validity.
In conclusion, cell phones have affected society in a dire way as shown through history. On the contrary cell phones help others express their artistic abilities. Cell phones do come with beneficial and detrimental effects, because given the history; the new technologies are conceived to be harmful in society, although it’s a new method for creativity and art.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Impact of Smart Phones to Society Have you ever looked around at society and realized just how much of an impact to our daily lives that a smart phone has. In 2015 Nielsen group reported that ever four out of five phones purchase is a smart phone(www.govtech). Technology grows more with each passing day. Personal Computers range in sizes from desktops to smart phones. Among one of the smallest and newest personal computers is the smart phone which was created in 2007 (www.govtech.com).... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Laptop]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- These days, cell phones are popular and with their popularity are the negative and positive effects. A cell phone is a miniscule device that transmits and takes voice calls and often other messages through wireless receiver signals (“Cellular Telephone”). This diminutive telephone has numerous capabilities such as, taking photographs, producing entertainment, and browsing the internet. Cell phones let others voice themselves in an artistic way and philosophically mobile phones represent how we ourselves reflect and benefit though technology.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Sharp Corporation]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Do cell phones benefit or affect the people who use it. Do cell phones unite human beings or separate them. An invention that has changed the world and has made it enter to a globalization stage is the cell phone. Since 1984 when the cell phone was commercially introduced, the world has evolved a lot and the people has changed in many aspects (Willis 24). The telephone is the most widely technology used today that helps man communicate with several people from one place to another. Without any doubts, the use of cell phones has a great influence on people and creates positive and negative effects one’s social interaction, learning, behavior, and privacy.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Technology has improved a lot in over the last decade. Today’s cell phones are becoming more and more popular nowadays and with its user-friendly design, it’s making it more convenient for all age groups. Cell phones have made a significant impact on the social life of youth and have benefited their education. With its capabilities from voice and text services, today’s technology in cell phones offer a great camera, alarm clock, navigation, radio, email, internet, and allow access to a variety of useful applications.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Cellular network]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- It hard to believe that the number of mobile phone subscriptions has reached more the 6.8 billion at the time when the world’s population is only seven billion (“Mobile Phone”). According to research statistics, there were about 96 cell phones service subscriptions per 100 people in the world (Fernholz). According to the 2012 World Bank report, the availability of mobile phones had reached to almost three quarters of the world’s population. Additionally, according to Monica Swahn et al, the United Nations Population Fund Activities (UNFPA) report released in 2014, the worldwide population of young people between the ages of 10 and 24 has reached to 1.8 billion.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Nokia, Motorola]
1589 words (4.5 pages)
- The way we communicate with each other has changed significantly over the past fifty years. We went from face to face interaction to handwritten letters, phone calls, emails, and now in the twenty first century, texting and tweeting via cell phones. Although, cell phones have become a common household product, I would rather not have one because of its physical damages, to your health, high costs and its negative effect on the family and interpersonal relationships. Having a cell phone can have a negative impact on one’s physical health.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Cell phones 30 years ago, compared to today’s model do not have much in common other than the ability to communicate. Through the years, the design has changed from brick to sleek. Additionally, cell phones can be used for more than just communicating. Yet, when they were first introduced, the audience was not aimed at the general population. Advanced technology has changed how people view the purpose of the phones, the economic and environmental impact in manufacturing them, and how phones are sold.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, GSM, Cellular network]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- A Source Of Unpredicted Setbacks Why are cell phones so important to our society in 2016. Why is social media such an imperative part of our daily lives. If a person would have asked a young man, or young lady, living in the 1950 's or 1960 's about cell phones or social media, he or she, most likely, would have thought they were crazy. Our technology has advanced rapidly over the past 20 to 30 years. It is difficult to believe that even 10 years ago we were still using flip phones and texting with number keys.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Facebook]
2347 words (6.7 pages)
- Over the past twenty years, many things have changed and evolved to impact our economy. From cell phones to music to media, we are all constantly affected. The most influential aspect though, in my opinion, has been America’s biggest game, the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl by all means effects our economies in every way, shape, and form. The sport is one of the most complex social institutions in American Society. Sports effect major institutions of society, including: the mass media, politics, religion, education, and family.... [tags: media, phones, music, nfl]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- New inventions have always changed society not only technically, but socially. The introduction of cellular phones is no different. These recent gadgets have found its way into our everyday lives. We carry it around, keeping it close to us in case we miss an important call or just any call. We feel safer with it on us, we can connect with people even while we are driving down an empty road. But, what else shows that cellular phones have affected us socially/cullturally. - A simple Google search of the phrase "Cell phone etiquette turns up about 168,000 hits of site after site explaining the proper way to use cell phones in public, published books focued on how to behave with your cellu... [tags: essays research papers]
552 words (1.6 pages)