Having a cell phone can have a negative impact on one’s physical health. Prolonged exposure to cell phones exposes the body to harmful radiation that can lead to health defects. Writing in the August 27, 2013, issue of The Journal of the American Medical Association, a team of researchers led by Dr. Volkow, found that cell phone radiation significantly affected brain function and metabolism of glucose -- the brain 's main fuel -- in those parts of the brain that received the most cell phone radiation. Of course, the cell phone industry denies any connection between cell radiation and illnesses.
As our technology advances we depend more and more on the capabilities of our gadgets and gizmos. Your cell phone is also a GPS, a small radio, a camera, a webcam, a scheduler, a pocket assistant and much more. But, at what cost? Even the finger features to work your cellphone admit and receive radio waves, a form of non-ionizing radiation. Other bodily effects include phones being used over an excessive amount of time becoming over heated and causing damages to the eyes and fingers, e.g., carpel tunnel is related to excessive typing.
Being mugged is also another way you can get hurt using a cell phone. Recently, on ABC nightly news, a couple of cell phone...
... middle of paper ...
...e usage of phones in the household. For example, during dinner, it is considered to be inappropriate or rude even to use phones while eating. However, it has become a norm even to “text” while you enjoy your food. This definitely leads to poor relationships within the family. Growing up in a time when cell phone was nonexistent families that sit together as a whole during each meal have a better relationship in terms of connecting on a personal level to each other. Hence, the constant usage of mobile phones in the household can and will create negative impacts. There will be no intimate, human reaction towards each other anymore because mobile phones are used as a shield to hide away from problems. Namely, shoving in your headphones on to listen to music while ignoring your parents or “tweet” away your problems and making them look bad. No, I don’t want a cell phone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to Dr. Dale from Psychology Today, fifty-six percent of all Americans, own a cell phone and 20% claim to use their cell phones while sexually interacting with their partners (Dale 2015). Technology has not too long begun its advancement. These technological devices allowed ways for easier communication over time, which means people no longer need to call an individual to make plans or to exchange ideas. Today cell phones, tablets, and computers are essential tools for the function of an individual in society.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Drug addiction]
1678 words (4.8 pages)
- The way we communicate with each other has changed significantly over the past fifty years. We went from face to face interaction to handwritten letters, phone calls, emails, and now in the twenty first century, texting and tweeting via cell phones. Although, cell phones have become a common household product, I would rather not have one because of its physical damages, to your health, high costs and its negative effect on the family and interpersonal relationships. Having a cell phone can have a negative impact on one’s physical health.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Cell phones when used responsibly aren’t always the cause of lower grades in students of any grade. Let’s be realistic, the world as a whole is in an era of advanced technology and making students stick to book work simply isn’t engaging anymore. Most kids these days have a phone which can be used in multiple ways for their benefit. In reality not all students use their cell phones in a responsible way like education. On the other hand there are still those students who use their cellphones to genuinely help them.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- These days, cell phones are popular and with their popularity are the negative and positive effects. A cell phone is a miniscule device that transmits and takes voice calls and often other messages through wireless receiver signals (“Cellular Telephone”). This diminutive telephone has numerous capabilities such as, taking photographs, producing entertainment, and browsing the internet. Cell phones let others voice themselves in an artistic way and philosophically mobile phones represent how we ourselves reflect and benefit though technology.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Sharp Corporation]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- Are cell phones a harmful distraction to society. With advances in technology today, the demand for better cell phones is skyrocketing. With new technological advancements happening everyday with cell phones, people are starting to depend on a cell phone for everyday task. Although cell phones allow the user to contact friends or family with the touch of a button and allows them to play games in times of boredom. As a result of everyday use, cell phones have affected relationships, the brain, and health.... [tags: effects, social relationships]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- As technology further advances and becomes more evident in today’s society, it creates an overlooked issue with regard to teenager’s use of cell phones. There is no arguing that cell phones can be implemented in a positive manner by making it easier for us to keep in touch with people locally, as well as around the world. However, when not used in moderation cell phones most definitely have a detrimental impact on today’s modern teens. This is not something that has suddenly evolved from nothing, as Albert Einstein predicted, “I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction.... [tags: cell phones, technology, sexting]
1483 words (4.2 pages)
- Cell phones are a remarkable piece of technology, and they’re used all over the world and for communicating with one another. Millions of people use them for either personal or business. Cell phones started booming in the late 80’s and have sky rocketed since then with their cool sleek designs, stylish colors, and the capability of using the internet. Cell phones started out with Motorola first and now have many carriers that provides cell phone service. Cell phones are great to have but not using them correctly could be dangerous.... [tags: Cell Phones]
511 words (1.5 pages)
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)
- In these days of society cell phones are becoming popular and with its popularity are the negative and positive effects. Cell phone is a minute device that transmits and takes voice calls and often other messages through wireless receiver signals (“Cellular Telephone”). This small telephone device has transformed into a device with many capabilities. It now a can take pictures, produce entertainment, “surf the web”, and etc. These features may seem extremely magnificent but the grass is not green on the other side, because of these things many have individuals have been more distracted and isolated.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Sharp Corporation]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Every person has a cell phone. Elementary school children to senior citizens now own cell phones. Cell phones have connected people from one corner of the world to another, but are cell phones really worth it. Cell phones have plagued society. The world focuses on the positive effects of owning a cell phone, but forgets to mention the negatives. Cell phones have advanced communication in the world. The human race is now able to interact with each other unlike ever before. Countries are able to negotiate peace treaties with the help of telecommunication devices.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Rotary dial]
1065 words (3 pages)