One con about phones is that there have been many wrecks because of texting and driving. Phones used to majorly be used as a device to call and only call. Over the years, phones have evolved and become a daily part of our lives. Phones these days now have texting, web access, gps, and games. All of these features in our phones can be a huge distraction while driving. It has become a big controversy in the last few years and many organizations have made demonstrations to schools and even advertisements on television to spread the word that texting and driving is bad.
Although cell phones cause people to lose their life it also saves lives. Ever since cellphones have come out they have saved many lives with the emergency line in every phone. In the Journal of Emergency Medicine, they stated, “The use of mobile phones to alert emergency services in a life-threatening situation is associated with improved mortality rates at the scene in patients with medical problems and a lower likelihood of admission to the emergency department.”
Cell phones have also made communication across the world easier than ever. Instead of having to wait forever for a letter to send or to talk to someone far away, the cellphone has made all of this possible with pressing a couple buttons. Skype has beco...
... middle of paper ...
...t wants us as a human race to stop using our cell phones, and go outside and enjoy the world that was given to us.
Many parents use cell phones or tablets or even computers to keep them entertained. The video explains that while they are staying at home they are losing their childhood of going to parks and enjoying nature as a kid. It explains that technology has made us lazier than ever. Instead of having friends over people would rather have a group message and talk on their phones.
Everywhere around the world there are many teenager, adults and even children that are using cell phones daily. The amount of people with cell phones keeps growing and growing because of the technology rush. It is not surprising if in the future we will become slaves to this technology. For now, cell phones have their pros and cons, which have impacted everybody’s lives in some way.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction When you think of cell phones, you think of all the benefits they have brought. But what about all the negative aspects that come with having a cell phone. People seem to be unaware that cell phones bring an alarming amount of harm into our daily lives. Although cell phones have numerous amounts of benefits, people need to learn about the dangers of having and using a cell phone. Social/Cultural Lens Cell phones have a major impact in the social/cultural lives of people today, with both advantageous and dangerous effects.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- The Struggle is Real Many people in today’s society rely on technology to help us with our daily lives and help us stay connected to family, friends, and other people. The advancements in today’s cell phone technology is very complex and made to be efficient for their owners, allowing them to surf the net and IM message people instantly. Cellphones in particular have developed very fast in the past 15 years. From my childhood, cell phones have evolved from the old school Nokia bricks that allowed texts, calls, and simple graphic games, to todays I-Phones that have higher computable capabilities than some computers.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- Every single person I know, from the age of 14 to 60, has a cell phone. Cell phones have gone from a luxury to, in some people’s cases, a necessity. I believe cell phones are changing Canadian lives in amore positive way because they are more convenient source of communication, they are also handy education tools and they are great in use of an emergency. The most obvious and most personal reason to me is that cell phones have now made communication with others so much more convenient than back 10 to 20 years ago.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Raise your hand if you fall into the category of 44% of Americans who sleep next to their phones at every night. It’s true, so many of us are dependent on our mobile devices, that psychologists are now calling it the “Invisible Addiction.” From the time of its creation, the cell phone has been dissected and scrutinized in every way. It has been tested in durability, size usefulness and even its effect on the users health. With the latest technological advances that conversation has since shifted.... [tags: Mobile phone, Personal digital assistant]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Many people argue if cell phones are too much of a distraction in our lives. Some people believe it is a key device in staying communicated with our friends and family members. In the video on YouTube, “Look Up,” it shows an example of how a man lost his chance to look up from his phone and talk to a girl. The girl later on became his wife and they had two kids. There are many examples of how cell phones are advantageous and disadvantageous in our lives. One con about phones is that there have been many wrecks because of texting and driving.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- It is no secret that for the past few years people all over the world have lost sight of personal communication and face-to-face conversations. Everyone is so consumed in their cell phones and social media that many do not know how to hold a proper conversation without an electronic device in their hand. Many people cannot have face-to-face conversations because they are used to having a screen in front of their face. This causes lack of proper communication. Cell phones are slowly taking over our lives and communication skills and very few people acknowledge it.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Communication]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- You’re with a group of friends and of course, you all have cell phones. You keep checking your phone thinking that it’s vibrating. Your hand twitches as it hovers over the phone you so delicately placed in your pocket only seconds later. Have you ever heard of Phantom Vibration Syndrome. This is where you’re constantly checking your phone because you think you feel it vibrating or ringing.(Dr. William Barr, abcnews.com) Most teens these days own a cell phone, doesn’t matter what type of phone it would be, they still have this device.... [tags: Mobile phone, Push-button telephone]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- Intravenous Technology Cell phones in hand, and laptops so small they fit in purses. Computers at our homes insure we can get on the internet and surf the web for answers for anything that may need to know. As the growth of technology has evolved the past twenty years we have become more dependent upon it for everyday things. From alarms, calendars, ‘googling’, counting our steps to make sure we stay healthy, connecting us to our friends and family; simple things that we often take for granted.... [tags: Mobile phone, Internet, Cellular network]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Computers, Ipads, and cell phones are just some of the advances in technology. These inventions have made human lives easier; however, they hinder the unity of families and a person's concept of actuality. Out of the recent advances in portable electronics, cell phones seem to be the product people rely on the most. Upon accessing this device, people forget the person who is physically with them and their current environment. An in-depth phone conversation distracts a human from his or her surroundings, and people tend to bump into one another causing potentially dangerous situations.... [tags: reality, cell phones, technology,]
730 words (2.1 pages)