Cell Phones In Schools
In today 's society a large majority believe that having a cell phone in school is a distraction. How are the childrens parents supposed to contact them? People in the present day need to be able to contact their loved ones in case of a catastrophic emergency or make them aware of a threatening situation. In today’s society the only way that we know how to get a hold of someone is by contacting them on their phones. Although cell phones are a way to communicate, they can also provide aid in the learning experience. Due to the increasing amount of violence in the educational domains, cell phones should be allowed in schools due to the fact it is another precautionary measure and it is beneficial to the educational process.
Cell phones are used for many things. Some people use them for doing business work, some use them for fun and games but most of all, people use them to communicate. Many argue that having a cell phone is a distraction in school. Most schools allow you to have a cell phone on school grounds as long as it is not being used during breaks, in the hallways, and certainly not during class. Jared Matthew Kessler, who is famous for his amazing quotes, once said “Lead by example, not by instruction.” The students are not the only ones who need to be aware of when they use cell phones in school but so do the teachers. Students seem to do whatever the teacher tells them to do, so when a teacher is sitting at their desk using their cell phone it sends the student a message. The student may think “Oh, look at the teacher
Facebooking while we’re taking this test. Let me do it too then.” It doesn’t make sense for teachers to discipline their students for using cellphones during class...
... middle of paper ...
... thing. Students are able to communicate with their parents while being at school, whether it being through a phone call or a text message. One day that cellphone might actually come in handy and making that one phone, or sending that one text can save your life or maybe the life of another student. Cell phones should not be used while class is going on but it is the teacher’s job to enforce that rule. Everybody should know the right time to use a cell phone and it is not while the teacher is standing in front presenting a powerpoint presentation. Cell phones are here to stay and hopefully in the days to come more people will come around to that idea. The idea that cell phones are a good thing. While there will be people who do not agree, those people have the right to do what they want to do to try to change the law. It is just a matter of who supports what more.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cell Phones In Schools In today 's society a large majority believe that having a cell phone in school is a distraction. How are the childrens parents supposed to contact them. People in the present day need to be able to contact their loved ones in case of a catastrophic emergency or make them aware of a threatening situation. In today’s society the only way that we know how to get a hold of someone is by contacting them on their phones. Although cell phones are a way to communicate, they can also provide aid in the learning experience.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, High school]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Technology has always advanced at a rapid pace, only 10 or 20 years ago cell phones started to catch on and now they are everywhere and they are stronger than ever. Today cell phones that are stronger than supercomputers from 20 years ago, they can now be used to surf the web, watch videos and keep in touch with everybody and while their popularity is at an all time high, schools believe they cause nothing but trouble for students and educators in the classroom and have banned them in response, however it’s not necessary cell phones pose quite a benefit to education and banning them is a huge problem.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Education]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Something Social That Has Now Become Unsocial As I recently sat in a restaurant and looked around, my eyes quickly set on the table beside me. I noticed a couple; two teenagers out a date and both were on their cell phones, which made me sad. It made me realize how often teenagers use their cell phones and how, many times, cell phones have a higher priority than more important things in life, such as other relationships. The teenagers were more interested in the conversations they were having with someone else on their cell phone than their relationship with the person across the table from them.... [tags: Mobile phone, Adolescence, Text messaging]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Whether in the mall, driving down the road, or just standing on the front lawn there is a great possibility that a cell phone will be seen. Most people have them either in the pocket, on the hip, or attached to the ear. When cell phones were not as prevalent, society was very different. Cell phones are cheaper than ever, smaller than when they first surfaced, and have become very advanced technologically. Cell phones have a great effect on American society today. Walking in the mall, especially this time of year, can be an inconvenience to not be able to get a hold of someone when needing to buy gifts.... [tags: Cell Phones]
469 words (1.3 pages)
- Have you ever been walking down the road and you see this car just zoom by all the while fishtailing down the road. Nine chances out of ten that person is on a cell phone right. What they don’t realize is that the cops may think that they are drunk. In some cases though being drunk would be a lot better then this. I am here to prove today that driving with cell phones can be deadly. Let’s go back to that scene in the introduction shall we. When you see the person, they may not be talking verbally on their phone but they may be texting while driving.... [tags: Driving, Cell Phones, ]
692 words (2 pages)
- Cell phones are quickly becoming a child and teenager’s new best friend. In fact, they even seem to be replacing human contact, and are now how both children and teenagers communicate with each other. Cell phone sales have sky rocketed at an alarming rate, and many of the consumers are under the age of 18, meaning they are still in elementary and high school. Society has influenced students to feel that they need to own a cell phone to be “cool”, thus making the issue of cell phones in the classroom society context vs.... [tags: Cell Phones]
1416 words (4 pages)
- Are cell phones a harmful distraction to society. With advances in technology today, the demand for better cell phones is skyrocketing. With new technological advancements happening everyday with cell phones, people are starting to depend on a cell phone for everyday task. Although cell phones allow the user to contact friends or family with the touch of a button and allows them to play games in times of boredom. As a result of everyday use, cell phones have affected relationships, the brain, and health.... [tags: effects, social relationships]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- The new "glorious" invention of cell phones seems to make lives easier, but they aren 't as great as people make them out to be. Cell phones were first invented in the early 70s (Szumski 17) and have since evolved into a deadly weapon, causing all sorts of health and safety issues including cyberbullying and brain tumors. Cell phones have also been linked to behavioral problems in teens and children, even without the facts it is easy to look at this generation compared to 20 years ago. This generation is more worried about their phone rather than an actual human being.... [tags: Mobile phone, Mobile phone radiation and health]
2196 words (6.3 pages)
- Many places, including schools, have taken measures to put in place new rules to ban many new technological advances. In my school the principal and school board has recently put in place a cell phone ban, which will make it illegal to use your cell phone during school hours. This new ban is already taking effect in my school, Secret Scare High School, and is quickly spreading across the nation and is well supported. Cell phones are a nascence when in school and it is a good idea to have them banned during school hours with the use of cell phones in school you haves disruptions in the classroom, temptations to cheat or blackmail someone, a decline in grades, and trouble with the principle an... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- In these days of society cell phones are becoming popular and with its popularity are the negative and positive effects. Cell phone is a minute device that transmits and takes voice calls and often other messages through wireless receiver signals (“Cellular Telephone”). This small telephone device has transformed into a device with many capabilities. It now a can take pictures, produce entertainment, “surf the web”, and etc. These features may seem extremely magnificent but the grass is not green on the other side, because of these things many have individuals have been more distracted and isolated.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Sharp Corporation]
1187 words (3.4 pages)