Obviously children are in school to learn. With cell phones there can be disruptions in the classroom such as the ringer going off. Even the vibrate can make enough noise for someone else to hear. Nevertheless even if it does not go off it is still a distraction because students are more interested in getting their text instead of focusing on the test or worksheet they are doing. Nobody denies that a cell phones is bad thing to have but in school they are just a nascence.
Meanwhile the text a certain student may be waiting for may be the answer to a test or a picture of someone. Students frequently snap pictures of themselves or others. This could be a problem because what if a student is mad at a teacher or another peer they could just snap a picture of them and make it seem as if they were doing wrong. Cell phones are also used as a status symbol. It is like a competition everyday to see ...
... middle of paper ...
...s have very thick brick walls, which block out cell phone signal very well. When you are in school most people will not get signal. Which would just kill the battery and you will have to use more energy to charge it back up. In some cases it could fry the battery all together and you would need to but a new battery for 50 dollars or more. Mostly there is no use for cell phones in school. Unless you are going to be after school then you don’t need them and even then the school has a school phone that they would be more then happy to let you use if you need to call your parents.
In many cases there is no use for cell phones in school and in my opinion the ban is a good thing and should be embraced more. School have many ways for you to contact all the people you need and it limits the temptation for you to use it against others and get yourself into trouble.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Should students be able to use cell phones during class periods. This is a question a lot of students and parents have asked themselves. The invention of cell phones started a debate for many schools. Many schools accept the use of cell phones but experience a lot of frustration over them. There are many reasons for and against the use of cell phones in schools. People who support cell phone use in schools are usually teenagers. People who disagree with cell phone use in schools are usually teachers or parents, who think cell phones are a distraction.... [tags: Argument, Education, Communication]
1410 words (4 pages)
- Have you ever been out in public, and thought about the multitude of people using cell phones around you. Have you ever thought about how inappropriate it is to use them in certain circumstances. The use of cell phones has been banned in countless restaurants and there are restrictions regarding them in many work places. In the same way, cell phones are being banned in many schools. The principal of my high school has banned the use of cell phone during school hours. I believe he has good reason to do so.... [tags: cell phones, schools,]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- With the blooming development of science and technology, mobile phones have become an indispensable part of life. The increasing number of teenagers who use a cell phone in schools which disrupts classrooms orders has become a major concern. However, mobile phones should not be banned in schools. Actually, it is not necessary to ban mobile phones in schools. Additionally, using mobile phones in schools has some positive influences. Furthermore, it is likewise a human right for students. Firstly, through implementing some campus rules and some technological means, the negative impresses of using mobile phones will be eliminated properly.... [tags: mobile phones, banned, schools, education,]
588 words (1.7 pages)
- A new set of school legislation has been put in place regarding cell phones in various parts of the country. These laws state that the use of cell phones is prohibited for students during the school day. This new rule was set due to schools having problems with students misusing cell phones in school, forcing the hand of the principal to ban them. There are many viewpoints for and against this new rule. I plan on showing you one side of the argument. I believe that students should not be permitted to use cell phones in school due to the many distractions they cause.... [tags: Cell Phones]
633 words (1.8 pages)
- Many students today own cell phones or have access to one weather it is there is or parents. In our society having a cell phones has become second nature, and has become a convenient. Many have accepted the use of these cell phones young and old and use them regularly. Though not all of them are using them for worthy practices. This is why our principal has banned the use of cell phones at our school. Is this good or bad for our school. In my opinion I think that this is not a good idea if students are using it in classes.... [tags: Cell Phones]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- Cell phones shouldn’t be allowed in school I agree with the principal on the issue of cell phones being banned from school during school hours. I agree because during school one should be there to learn not to text or talk with their friends. Cell phones are distracting, disrespectful, and distracting in the school environment. Cell phones are distracting because they ring, beep, vibrate, or play a song, which will cause you to move or laugh. On the other hand, if it is your phone then you are distracting yourself as well the people around you.... [tags: cell phones, schools,]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Should students be permitted to use cell phones during school. The principle at Wesley High School thinks not. The principle believes that it is very distracting to the students and their grades could fall, tests scores could be at an all time low. He also believes that cell phones should be used before school hours and after school hours, but during school is very unacceptable. Plus, students have been caught cheating and are still cheating with their cell phones. Most of the students are with the principle’s policy, but to make it official the student council is having a vote.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones in Schools]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Another reason why cell phones should be banned from school is that, using them during class not only hurts you, but the students around too. When a student uses their cell phone during class, the student sitting next to him/her is most likely to lose their focus because of the noise their cell phone makes. According to the research done by Lammer Chad, almost one-third of students in class found cell phones used by their classmate to be distracting. It is difficult to learn in a room that is full of distraction because the vibration of the phone or any sound in the background attracts the other person.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, Distraction]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- People all around the world have many electronic devices, and there are abundant amounts of freedom that come with them. There are so many different technologies to choose from, but one that seems to be quite common among people of all ages, are cell phones. Such technology is great for many uses, but it is not always appropriate in certain settings. The principal at my school has adopted a new policy that bans the use of cell phones during school hours. I support my principal’s decision. Cell phones can be distractions in many ways to students during school.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- In my opinion students should not be allowed to use or have any type of electronic communication device during school hours. Technical devices that students have now are not being used properly or to the function that they were intended for. Many of the students in America that are in high school and middle school have or use a type of electronic device that is used and intended for communication. Adults and educators believe that students and teenagers are not using these devices for the use in which they are meant to be used.... [tags: Banning Cell Phones, Schools, Cell Phones,]
509 words (1.5 pages)