The swelling of the lower part of the legs is commonly seen during the warmer months of the year like the summer season. A person standing or walking for quite sometime are more likely to have feet swelling.
It occurs during the third trimester of pregnancy that results in swelling of the lower legs and feet. In fact it is seen that almost 90 percent of the pregnant women have this problem.
Causes of Swelling Feet
What causes feet swelling? The main reason for swelling feet is because the fluid in the tissues builds up and these fluids are pulled down towards the feet and ankles causing such kind of swelling. The swelling can be symptoms of a chronic condition that may occur in the kidney, liver and the heart and also the blood vessels.
Some of the causes of swelling are given below:
• Eating a less healthy food that is high in salt and carbohydrates.
• Birth control pills or any hormonal replacement therapy pills
• Muscle injury
• Sodium retention
• Any kind of muscle injury
• Varicose veins
• History of phlebitis
• Reactions caused due to allergy
• Neuromuscular disorders
• Laxative abuse
• Diuretics abuse
• Drug abuse
Symptoms of Feet Swelling
At first, the swelling of the feet and that of the ankles appear which gradually progresses with the period of time. In a worst case scenario in long term swelling of the feet, usually causes pitting which occurs while pressing the affected area for few seconds. This may also lead to indentation. However it is observed that continued swelling of th...
... middle of paper ...
...et using sesame seeds and palm sugar
• Swelling feet are very common during pregnancy which can be treated by using sesame seeds. In a glass of water, soak twenty sesame seeds and keep it overnight. The next morning drink them in empty stomach.
• Palm sugar is also effective to reduce swelling feet. In two cups of water add a full teaspoon of palm sugar. To this add two tablespoon of fennel seeds. Now the whole mixture until the liquid is reduces to half. The dose of the drink should be three times a day that reduces the swelling and also protect the feet from further swelling.
Apart from all the home remedies for swelling feet, resting the feet in short intervals of time, stretching and feet exercise are also beneficial for swelling feet. A good well-balanced diet which basically contains all the important nutrients and minerals prevents feet swelling.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- • Discuss the causes of acute kidney injury and ways to prevent it. There are 3 major categories of AKI. The first one is PRERENAL is the result of impaired blood flow that leads to hypoperfusion of kidney commonly caused by volume depletion (burns, hemorrhage, GI loss), hypotension (sepsis, shock), and renal stenosis, ultimately leading to a decrease in GFR. The second category is INTRARENAL, which is a result of actual parenchymal damage to the glomeruli or kidney tubules. Causes of intrinsic AKI stems from prolonged renal ischemia resulting from pigment nephropathy, myoglobinuria (from trauma, injuries, burns), hemoglobinuria (transfusion reaction, hemolytic anemia), Nephrotoxic agents su... [tags: Kidney, Chronic kidney disease, Nephrology]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- Acute Renal Failure Explain the pathophysiology of acute renal failure. Include prerenal, intrarenal and postrenal causes. Kidneys are a vital part of our bodies. Their main function is to remove waste from our body. They also release three important hormones: • Erythropoietin – Stimulates bone marrow to create more red blood cells. • Renin – Is responsible for regulating blood pressure. • Calcitrol – Helps to maintain the calcium in our bones. During acute renal failure or (ARF) the kidneys suddenly stop working which in turn sets off a chain reaction in our bodies and can lead to death.... [tags: causes, kidneys, diagnostic]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Bulimia and anorexia is a growing epidemic in America. Bulimia and Anorexia can start at any age, but is most common between the ages of 11-17 years old. Of all the individuals that experience this illness only 50% of all of them are ever cured, and another 6% that suffer from this horrible illness will experience death. This illness has become very deadly to our young adults. Bulimia and anorexia can cause a distorted image in a persons mind because they truly believe they are overweight. In their minds they are beyond doubt obese.... [tags: Causes of Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Atopic Dermatitis Did you know. “Atopic refers to a tendency to develop allergy conditions and dermatitis means swelling of the skin.” (National Institutes of Health, Atopic Dermatitis, 09/2009) “Atopic dermatitis (commonly known as eczema) is an inherited, chronic inflammatory skin condition that usually appears in early childhood. Patches of skin become red, scaly and itchy. Sometimes, tiny blisters containing clear fluid can form and the affected areas of the skin can weep. Weeping is a sign that the dermatitis has become infected.” (Better Health Channel, Atopic Dermatitis, 01/29/2014) “The cause of atopic dermatitis is poorly understood and is the subject of active research.... [tags: itchy, fluid, topical corticosteroid]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- CC Mrs. Krystock a 74-year-old female here today complaining of lower extremity swelling. HPI The patient tells me that she has noticed that her ankles and feet have been swollen for the last couple of weeks. She does not recall ever having this in the past, except for years and years ago, which she said was at a time when she was quite ill and hospitalized. She has not really had lower extremity swelling since then. She says that what she has noticed over the years is that her ankles and feet seem to "puff up" when it is very hot weather, as it has been recently.... [tags: Asthma, Pneumonia, Aspirin, Foot]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Most women are getting cold feet during week 32 of their pregnancy. While the excitement of finally seeing their little one is unparalleled, the thought of labor is scary. Rest assured that such anxieties are common, especially if you are a first time mom-to-be. Changes happening to your body in week 32 You are probably gaining approximately half a kilo every week, about half of which goes towards strengthening your baby’s fat reserves. Weight gain can happen due to fluid retention as well. Fluid retention and swelling may cause you some degree of discomfort, but remind yourself that this will soon be over.... [tags: Childbirth, Pregnancy, Braxton Hicks contractions]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- The Shoes on Your Feet Shoes before time: As far back as anyone could remember it is both ethically and morally necessary to wear shoes in public. Whether it be at the market, in a hospital, or at the mall you can almost guarantee that everyone over the age of 1 will be wearing shoes. In fact, “Humans started wearing shoes about 40,000 years ago, much earlier than previously thought, new anthropological research suggests” (Baker,2008) which proves that it is the one of the very conventional aspects of our society.... [tags: Athletic shoe, Shoe, Student, Footwear]
1408 words (4 pages)
- “No walking on your feet” the doctor ordered. I’m confused by the doctor 's orders, I wheeled my chair out of his office. From there I rolled down to the boardwalk. I sat, alone, watching the ocean waves crash against the shore. While I watched the sun slowly set on the ocean. The waves were pounding the shore with the rhythm of my beating heart. I was beginning to realize the ramifications of living in a wheelchair, no dancing; no high heels; no hiking; no beach-combing. The waves rise up, curl, then crash; drawing back into the sea.... [tags: Homelessness, Homeless shelter]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- The light tapping of Dalal’s feet are not there. Clunky blue chukka boots walk near my presence. A skin crawling wind descends upon me, a silent belittlement, chilling me to the core. My gaze travels to a scarred looking Rayyan. “Get on the ground.” Straight angry lines crawl from the corner of his corneas tinted in pink abrasions. He wears a mask of purple whelps. I did that, caused those blood spitting wounds, battle scar gashes. His air of sophistication now rugged and ajar. I believe wearing a rumpled t-shirt with the imprint of Oxford’s Alma matter counts as dressed down apparel.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2006 singles, 2006 albums]
1065 words (3 pages)
- The Significance of Feet in Plato’s Symposium Plato’s Symposium presents an account of the party given at the house of Agathon, where Socrates and Alcibiades are in attendance. The men at the party take turns eulogizing the god Eros. In Agathon’s eulogy, he describes Eros as a soft and tender being. When Socrates speaks, however, he makes a correction of his host’s account, by saying the soft and tender thing is the beloved, and not the lover, as Agathon would have it. When Alcibiades enters the party toward the end of the dialogue, he complains that Socrates is deceiving Agathon.... [tags: Philosophy Religion Essays]
1916 words (5.5 pages)