Global Warming is known to be a popular name given to the recent warming of earth’s climate due to human-released greenhouse gases. Greenhouse effect is basically gases that create clouds in the atmosphere which then increases the temperature on the earth’s surface, as explained in McKnight’s Physical Geography by Darrel Hess. Which means it is causing a climate change in our communities, affecting our health and putting it at risk because of the toxins in the air. However, there are two categories global warming is placed when deciding what or who is creating it. These two reasons are known to be nature and human actions, they have individual explanations as to how and why they create global warming. This paper will describe both sides of global warming and how it is caused. One side of the paper argues that human action is known to be the main source of why global warming is occurring on our earth’s surface. While nature is known to be uncontrollable therefore giving it less responsibility for the cause of global warming.
Humans cause global warming with the actions and the decisions they make in their everyday life. For example, burning fossil fuel, clearing forests, and burning coal. These acts that man decide to do can lead to the changing of temperature on the earth surface. In the book author Darrel Hess says, “ The increase in greenhouse gas concentration has been accompanied by a slight, yet nonetheless significant, increase in average global temperature, raising the likelihood that humans are altering the global energy balance of the atmosphere”(86). So this just explains the fact that the human activities we choose do can increase global warming and carbon dioxide which can affect us i...
... middle of paper ...
...y believe Human activity is responsible for global warming. This is because we have a choice to change and use the products we have while nature has no control of what it can and cannot do. For example, as I mentioned earlier human actions such as fossil fuel, burning oil and coal, and deforestation happens because we feel as though it is a necessity to get rid of more than what we have. We have the ability to change our choices and help the environment in ways that can benefit both us and the earth. Some of these changes could be things such as riding bikes instead of using our cars everyday or even turning off some of our power for a few days to save energy. It isn’t easy to get rid of something we are all so used to but if it helps decrease global warming, and decreases our risk of health issues it really is something our communities should really be looking into.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most scientists and environmentalists would say that humans are the main cause of global warming. In my opinion their theory of humans being the cause of climate change would be correct. Through out the history of the Earth the average global climate has risen and fallen, but because of humans the average global surface temperature has shot up by about 1.1 to 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit from the years 1906 to 2005. There indeed are many things that effect global warming such as; the sun and greenhouse gases, but the biggest thing that affects the Earth’s global climate change is humanity.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Climate change]
1529 words (4.4 pages)
- Investigating the Cause of Global Warming Many people disagree on the issue concerning global warming. Some believe that human activities, various forms of polluting, are the main cause of global warming. Others think that not only have humans not affected the planet by any significant amount, but that not much global warming has even occurred. Many scientists think that pollution is the cause of global warming and the greenhouse effect. There is a lot of evidence to support this theory. In the United States alone, almost 15,000 pounds of greenhouse gases are emitted per person each year.... [tags: Global Warming Climate Change]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Global warming, just the thought of the words bring to mind scenes of melting ice, stranded polar bears and dying plants. In today’s society it seems humanity is always being blamed for the tragedies that seem to go along with this catastrophe. However, research has proven that humans are not the sole cause of global warming. In fact, some scientists say that the natural causes of global warming far outweigh the human causes. What exactly does global warming effect. The effects of global warming are spread across the entire world and can be broken down into three main areas, the first of which is heat waves.... [tags: Environment, Climate Change, Greenhouse Effect]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- The warming of the Earth’s atmosphere is one of the most important environmental issues in the world today. The volatile climate and changes of heat in the atmosphere are connected with an increase of large amounts of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. It is often talked about that the primary reason why the global warming situation is increasing is due to the increase of the amount of greenhouse gases present in the Earth’s atmosphere, primarily the amount of carbon dioxide emissions. The increased carbon dioxide amount in the atmosphere that causes global warming is a cause of concern for many people because of its potential dangerous effects to the Earth and the environment.... [tags: greenhouse gases, climate change, global warming]
2485 words (7.1 pages)
- One of the most important and controversial environmental issues in the world today is the continual heating of the Earth’s atmosphere. It is felt that the increase of substantial amount of greenhouse gases being released into the atmosphere is associated with unpredictable climate and heat changes. It is often talked about that the primary reason why the global warming situation is increasing is due to the increase of the amount of greenhouse gases present in the Earth’s atmosphere, primarily the amount of carbon dioxide emissions.... [tags: greenhouse gases, climate change, global warming]
2088 words (6 pages)
- Oh my. What weird weather we have. Today it seems all I hear is people commenting, “Burr it’s so cold today,” or “How weird, it was raining yesterday and all of sudden it’s hot today.” Have you ever thought it may be global warming. Studies on global warming provide evidence such as, “Over 100 years the average temperature near the earth’s surface has risen less than 1 degree Celsius” (Lindinger, Karin). For many people in society it is hard to notice the slight changes in the weather. Everyday there are gases being released into the atmosphere by all human activity.... [tags: Climate Change, Argumentative Essay]
1565 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction Progressive deterioration of global warming and protection of environment are important areas of interest for the whole world. Buildings as an underlying cause are responsible for global warming. Edwards (1996) pointed out that building has a key role to play as they are one of the major sources of energy consumption. And he (1996) also stated with some statistics to support this point that buildings account for about half of all global – energy, water, and raw materials as well as in the EU (Edwards, 1996, P.... [tags: Climate Change, Argumentative Essay]
2811 words (8 pages)
- What’s the cause of global warming. It’s not just one issue, but many. Many either created or because of mankind and man is continually creating the issue when it comes to global warming through burning of fossil fuels to food sources to growth of population and the transformation of the worlds forest and rural land. One of the major contributors to global warming is that of greenhouse gases which scientists have learned and claimed that there are several greenhouse gases responsible for warming and humans emit them in a variety of ways.... [tags: Fossil fuel, Carbon dioxide, Renewable energy]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- Global Overpopulation causes a variety of other problems like Resource Shortages, Overcrowding and Personal Freedoms, and Social Problems. Have you ever known about human population were growing 220,000 per day. Have you ever thought about overpopulation can cause global warming. At the howmany.org, we will see that the world population clock is counting every seconds that human is born. For this result, overpopulation causes a variety of other problems like Resource Shortages, Over Crowding, Personal Freedom, and Social Problems.... [tags: World population, Overpopulation]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Global Warming The world is warming up. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has declared that the cause of the warming is human emission of certain gases into the atmosphere. The verdict of the IPCC is widely, but not universally, accepted. A small minority of scientists reject the finding of IPCC and propose that global warming is driven by the sun. Some also charge that IPCC is driven by a political agenda. These dissidents are beginning to get a public hearing. It is important that this matter be debated openly.... [tags: Climate Change Ozone]
924 words (2.6 pages)