In our world today, scary movies are everywhere, people crave watching someone getting killed or watching someone who is possessed, I don’t get why people enjoy that ? It’s just not fun for me. I don 't “crave” watching those types of movies just as Stephen King said in his article.. I think it’s because since there is a variety of movies, we can choose other genres. maybe. Today I will be explaining the causes and effects of Comedy and Action movies.
In Stephen King’s article, he explains how everyone “craves” horror movies and how it’s a big thing and it’s so popular and cool, and well I believe I’m the exception for that. Scary movies do not have any effect on me and the cause of that is because you can always expect that something bad it’s going to happen and when it is going to happen. I don’t dislike scary movies, don’t get me wrong now, but Horror is not my genre because they do not make new scary movies nowadays, it is all about remaking movies and making them more from our era, rather than when it was originally made 20 or 30 years ago. The originals are always going to be better than the remakes, I think that they should focus more on new ideas for scary movies and less on how much they going to make, or how they can get a classic, and turn it into something full of crap. Well
anyways, I have focused too much on scary movies already. Now let me talk to you about other genres of movies.
There are different types of genres which are better than Horror, in my case it is Comedy and Action. In comedy get to experience a new sensation that they can’t feel anywhere else, in those 2 hours of the movie, people forget about all their problems. People go and see this types ...
... middle of paper ...
...ions, thus leading to violence. Just as Danny Boyle, a famous English film director, and screenwriter once said, “I like action movies, There is something extraordinary about action movies, which is absolutely linked to the invention of cinema and what cinema is and why we love it. But Action has evolved into something new and dark, it is becoming more and more violent each day.”
So it is believed that Action movies will increase physical aggressiveness among the people and violent criminal behavior.
In conclusion, I have discussed the cause of why people also crave watching Comedy and Action movies. And the effects Comedy/Action can have on all types of people and/or even society. Hopefully this might get your attention to watch all different genres of movies and not just Horror. And also backup my argument that, Horror movies are not the types of movies to watch.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Theater is a natural outlet for our desire to hear and tell stories, and in some ways it is even more primal and powerful than the written word. At its worst, theater will merely bore; while at its best it will not only entertain but move and shape its audience. Two such genres of theater, or drama, have consistently achieved this effect. Tragedy, represented by the weeping actors’ mask, usually features the title character’s fall from greatness to ruin, guided by the gods or fate. Oedipus Rex, written by Sophocles, is the epitome of classic Tragedy, as defined by Aristotle (96-101).... [tags: Literary Analysis ]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- Emotion. Aside from the occasional exception, one could correctly assume the definite ability of emotional perception humans have. Depending upon the goal of a play, or other literary work, the plot of the aforementioned work is designed to evoke a specific, or a range of emotions. The manner in which the literary work in question, achieves a certain emotional response can be characterized by the specific literary elements the work contains. For example, two of the most popular literary styles are tragedies and comedies.... [tags: Emotion, Protagonists]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE ESSAY NOVEMBER 2014 PRESCRIBED TITLE #6 “We may agree about general standards in the arts but disagree as to whether a particular work has artistic merit. In ethics the situation is reversed: we may disagree about ethical theories but we all know an unethical action when we see one.” Discuss. CANDIDATE NAME: Shaelyn Chung CANDIDATE NUMBER: 002109003 WORDS: 1,515 In this essay, we will discuss the statement “We may agree about the general standards in the arts but disagree as to whether a particular work has artistic merit.... [tags: Ethics, Deontological ethics, Virtue ethics]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- Violent Media: Does it Cause Violence. Media is something used in the daily lives of society for entertainment. The media ranges from music, movies, and video games. However there is a lot of controversy over whether or not violent media promotes violence in real life. Most of society believes it is just used for entertainment, nothing else. Others believe, with the recent shootings and bombings, that the violent media links to theses events. Violence in media is just a risk factor that can cause aggressive behavior among observers.... [tags: behavioral science, psychology]
1754 words (5 pages)
- Twelfth Night is often portrayed with contrasting themes, however, it is arguable that Shakespeare emphasises concealment and flawed characteristics in many of the characters, as a reoccurring theme. In order to entertainingly explore the potentially controversial, oppressing and uncomfortable ideas, such as sexuality or secrecy, Shakespeare delivers them in a comedic approach or concealed manner. In particular, Shakespeare uses trickery to take countless forms in his plays which is often through the humorous accidental encounters of The Comedy of Errors.... [tags: Twelfth Night, Love, Comedy, The Comedy of Errors]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Divorce Cause and Effect In today’s society, divorce is more the norm than ever before. Forty percent of all marriages end in divorce. Divorce defined by Webster is the action or an instance of legally dissolving a marriage . Divorce itself is both a cause and an effect. Some of the causes of divorce include the lack of money, sexual indiscretion and the ease of getting a divorce. These are some of the most common causes of divorce. Further, the effects of a divorce seem insurmountable when comparing the grief it causes on both parties.... [tags: Cause and Effect]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- Most of us learned when we were very young that we should not judge by appearances. But, in the aftermath of massacres in schools everywhere, a sane person has to take seriously what the material world shows - and pass judgment. After all, a lack of judgment and subsequent action may lead to further youth violence. This event has been thoroughly dissected by a whole herd of politicians and pundits over a period of some months. But they have, unfortunately, failed to reach the heart of the matter.... [tags: Expository Cause Effect Essays]
701 words (2 pages)
- The United States is facing an epidemic of seriously violent crimes in middle schools and high schools across the country. At least fifty people have died due to a series of high school shootings. These shooting rampages have occurred across the United States in 13 cities ranging from Pennsylvania to southern Mississippi and to western California. Just when the murder rampages seem to be subsiding, another tragedy occurs. Preventive measures have been taken by the government and school systems.... [tags: Expository Cause Effect Essays]
2261 words (6.5 pages)
- For a child, it is very hard loosing a parent. The child's life becomes more stressful because of economic loss and the loss of a supportive parent. Since many children do not adjust well, their behavior is affected. The change is devastating for many children and it affects their entire life. Divorce of parents causes many problems and affects children negatively. The loss of a parent can cause loss in knowledge, skills, and resources from the parents. They loose such things as support from the parent in finances, emotions, and care.... [tags: Cause and Effect Essays]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Can you remember the last time someone lied to you. Or how about the last time you lied to someone else. Did you ever stop and ask yourself why. There are so many different reasons that a person might lie. Maybe a lie about something to keep oneself out of trouble, or even a lie to impress other people. But either way there are always going to be serious consequences or effects of lying. People lie everyday to, in someway or another, keep themselves out of trouble. Many teenagers will lie to their parents about what they are doing for the evening, how much of their homework they have done, or how that glass vase got broken while they were out of town.... [tags: Cause and Effect Essays]
403 words (1.2 pages)