In Cathy's Book, our main character (by the name of the book I think you can guess her name's Cathy) meets Victor, the romantic interest. He's quick witted, seemingly perfect, and he's an older guy (scandalous). Cathy and Victor's relationship doesn't exactly end on a happy not; after their final date, Cathy wakes up with a needle mark on her arm (and of course her mom thinks she's on drugs. Insert eye-roll and a grunt that sounds suspiciously like the word "moms") and a message from Victor saying "I'm breaking up with you and never want to see you again." Suspicious? Totally. Cathy, not being the type to cry and let it go s̶n̶o̶o̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ investigating at Victor's house(the door was open so it's not technically Breaking and Entering, it's just entering), and gets herself caught up in a fast-paced mystery including murder, kidnapping, fake cops, real cops, and suspected drug dealers (I di...
... middle of paper ...
...nd read something like Fallen or Twilight. But if you're looking for a fantastic, addicting diary with a super fun and mysterious plot, characters you wish were real (and they could be with how realistic they were), and gorgeous doodles and pictures on every page, then pick up Cathy's Book and don't put it down until you're finished. And then possibly read it again.
Stewart, Sean, Jordan Weisman, and Briggs, Cathy. Cathy's Book: If Found Call (650) 266-8233. Running Press, 2006. Print.
. N.p.. Web. 12 Jan 2014.
. N.p.. Web. 12 Jan 2014.
"'Cath'ys Book' Hits Movie Screens." Publishers Weekly. N.p., 13 Nov 2006. Web. 12 Jan 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A video is put on, and in the beginning of this video your told to count how many times the people in the white shirts pass the ball. By the time the scene is over, most of the people watching the video have a number in their head. What these people missed was the gorilla walking through as they were so focused on counting the number of passes between the white team. Would you have noticed the gorilla. According to Cathy Davidson this is called attention blindness. As said by Davidson, "Attention blindness is the key to everything we do as individuals, from how we work in groups to what we value in our classrooms, at work, and in ourselves (Davidson, 2011, pg.4)." Davidson served as the vic... [tags: book review]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- The novel, The Raging Quiet, written by Sherryl Jordan, portrays the ignorance, suspicion, and prejudice that people feels towards other individuals who have done nothing wrong except for committing an unforgivable crime of being different than the rest of the society. Upon arriving in Torcurra, the protagonist, Marnie, finds herself an outsider in this remote seaside village. Alone in this place filled with unwelcoming villagers, Marnie befriends with two other people, a local priest and a madman named Raven.... [tags: Jordan Raging Quiet Book Review]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Martha Stewart Living - Advertisement Analysis Are women still seen as being homemakers in modern-day society, and are they being sold a domestic lifestyle. It appears that Martha Stewart believes so and desires to continue a trend. For example, in the July/August 2014 issue of Martha Stewart Living, one could argue that women are stereotypically represented as being homemakers in a KitchenAid advertisement, which shows a woman placing a dirty pan in a KitchenAid dishwasher. Moreover, the eye-catching, bold headline, shown on the ad of the American home appliance brand is “cook like you don’t have to clean.” The ad goes further with promoting an ideal familial status of women by using subl... [tags: Woman, Female, Martha Stewart]
1042 words (3 pages)
- Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time “The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose in the Mountains of Mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.” (Jordan, 1). In the world of Robert Jordan’s bestselling fantasy series, "The Wheel of Time", the life of the ordinary people has been undergoing some extraordinary changes.... [tags: Robert Jordan Wheel of Time]
6164 words (17.6 pages)
- Memo to Martha Stewart, CEO of Martha Stewart Omnimedia Dear Ms. Stewart, I am writing to address some concerns I have about the future of your company, Martha Stewart Omnimedia (MSO). Perhaps the one issue that you are grappling with at present is about the Imclone scandal. You have been accused of selling $227,000 worth of Imclone stock based on inside information. Because of these charges of insider trading, your critics have summarily associated you with other disgraced company directors: Kenneth Lay of Enron and Bernard Ebbers of WorldCom.... [tags: Letter Martha Stewart Business Essays]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Martha Stewart's Insider Trading Martha Stewart, the countries top icon for homemaking has been in the eye of the public since June 2002, but not for her craftiness or culinary abilities. Stewart instead has the spotlight on her for crimes of insider trading. A tip from her former broker Peter E. Bacanovic, persuaded her into selling her IMClone stock after sharing information about a close friend of Stewart’s getting rid of his shares. Stewart’s companion, Sam Waksal, was also the chief executive of IMClone Systems Inc.... [tags: Business Martha Stewart Essays]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- A Critical Analysis of Michael Jordan and the New Global Capitalism In the history of business, there has been a clear record of industry heads finding something or someone as a mainstay and bedrock for their respective companies or corporations; there is often a chief product that keeps many businesses afloat, even in the rough times. Apple found it's own in 2001 with the iPod. McDonald's has had the Big Mac since the late 1960s. Nike, however, found their goldmine in a person with Michael Jordan.... [tags: Michael Jordan Capitalism]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- From being a very successful businesswoman to calling a prison cell home, Martha Stewart has definitely had an interesting past couple of years. She started her career about 30 years ago with a catering business and has since built from that becoming the CEO and Chairman of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. Her success also includes the publication of her magazine Everyday Living, being the commercial spokeswoman for K-Mart, and having her own popular television show, From Martha’s Kitchen. She had built the reputation of being a public figure with how-to advice on creations in the kitchen to gardening.... [tags: Financial Crime Insider Trading Martha Stewart]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Martha Stewart, founder and CEO of her own multimillion dollar corporation, Martha Stewart Living Omni media was indicted, on charges of lying to investigators, securities manipulation, and obstruction of justice. She was sentenced to five months in a West Virginia state woman’s prison and 5 months on house arrest. Originally it was said that Ms. Stewart was indicted on charges of insider trading, however obviously those charges could not be proven. After a year and a half investigation, she was indicted on totally different charges.... [tags: Martha Stewart, Case Study, solution]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Executive Summary As we enter the 21st century, the world is full of opportunities for entrepreneurs. The opportunity is what many entrepreneurs chase after. Just the idea of starting a business excited them. Entrepreneurs are people who have characteristics of a high need for achievement, a willingness to take moderate risk, strong self-confidence, and a passion for the business. We all question what is the best age for getting started. There is really no simple answer to that question. Most businesses require some background knowledge.... [tags: essays research papers]
3211 words (9.2 pages)