With the creation of texting and social media, it has made it convenient for individuals to communicate from one to another. However, this has greatly hindered our writing in the professional standpoint. With the ability to write simple phrases with poor grammar and quick, abbreviated words, casual writing established itself as another problem for individuals. In some instances, texting has been constantly used incorrectly where one friend told Truus that he “CANT BELIEVE U PUT APOSTROPHE IN HAIRDRESSERS”(Truss 496). During the text, he emphasized on the apostrophe in hairdressers. Although using an apostrophe is unnecessary, it is certainly important in a professional career. Even throughout the text, he did not write out you, but instea...
... middle of paper ...
...put in an effort in her everyday communication. From that, individuals need to pay attention to small details in order to perform effectively at work.
Overall, our current use of informal writing will not fade away; however we change improve our writing to perform more effectively in our professional career. As our writing is stated to hinder our physical and mental approach to our careers, our ability to write should not be hindered by these traits. With these type of writing instill into our minds, it may be hard to change ourselves from performing poorly in our activities. Even though this has become common for individuals, our performance needs to avoid these practices in order to perform and write professional in future employers. From that, our writing will greatly improve the rate of being employed and also improve the required work to do well in any activity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Promiscuity on the Rise Introduction: Poison flowing around us, slowly eating away at relationships, tearing apart marriages. Promiscuity is rising in today’s society. It is hurting many marriages and relationships as the rise of cheating on partner’s increases. Huxley’s dystopia shows how the rise of promiscuity may affect society in the future. As we are coming closer to this dystopia, promiscuity is hurting families, relationships and partners already in today’s society. Analysis Portion Huxley has shown the increase in promiscuity throughout the various practices of people in that society and the negative effects it holds.... [tags: Promiscuity, Casual sex, Human sexuality]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- Environmental Analysis- The Fast-Casual Dining Industry The Fast-Casual Dining Industry is one of the most important industries that people are investing their time and money in. This industry has grown in the past couple years due to the need of the society. According to Technnomic, “The industry was worth $47 billion in 2016, and although it should close 2017, with a 10 percent increase, hitting $52 billion, that's a drop in growth from past years. The good news, however, is that the industry is still leading the restaurant sector when it comes to growth.” There are many different factors that effect to the Fast-Casual Dining Industry.... [tags: Fast casual restaurant, Fast food restaurant]
1733 words (5 pages)
- Writing About Writing Writing plays an important role in our everyday live because it is an inevitable part of life. We have different styles of writing, and some of us may use it daily to communicate with our families, friends, coworkers, and customers. If we are a businessperson, our writing will focus on business letters. If we are a preschool teacher, our style of writing will look like journals, note takings, and reports. If we are students, most of your writings are about class assignments like discussion, journal, research paper.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Academic writing, Meaning of life]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- Our generation was raised through the new culture known as ‘hookup culture’ and has fully embraced it. Sex has seemingly lost much of its sacredness and the taboo around pre-marital sex is dwindling as well. The article for which I am analyzing is a book summary of Hooked: New Science on How Casual Sex is Affecting Our Children by Joe McIlhaney and Freda McKissic. The purpose of the book is to give the scientific reasoning on why engaging in pre-marital sex is harmful to adolescents. It explores the neuroscience behind the act, and how people as a whole are effected by engaging in sexual activity.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Industry Rivalry Each year Technomic releases the “Fast Casual Top 100 Report.” They track 344 chains to get to sales of $21-$22 billion. Technomic’s Darren Tristano believes that the future of fast casual will not be slowing down anytime soon, in fact in terms of sales, the top 100 fast-casual chains accounted for $18.86 billion, which is the equivalent of 85-90% of the estimated $21-$22 billion in the market (Green, 2011.) The top five chains accounted for 40% of the sales of the top 100 and only the top three had sales of over $1 billion and 62 of the chains had less than $100 million in sales.... [tags: Fast casual restaurant, Fast food restaurant]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- Implying, playing the words, and metaphor are the strategies which are used for helping the writing more interesting, worth reading, and appealing. The writing life, one of the famous books written by Annie Dillard, the well-known American writer, is one book that uses plenty of these strategies. When people are reading this book, they have to interpret the real meaning of the words to understand the real things that Dillard need to tell the reader about the book. This book provides not only enjoyable, but also knowledge, complacent, and sophisticated.... [tags: Writing, Meaning of life, Thing, Creative writing]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- Throughout my life, reading and writing was not always my strongest point. In fact, it was one of my weaker subjects and I loathed being forced to read and write when it comes to school. I remember even up to the end of my senior year, I rarely touched any of my textbooks or barely read any of my assigned books throughout high school. However, as I began college, I started to force myself to fully read all my textbooks and complete my writing assignments with my fullest capabilities. In the past couple of weeks, I found ways to balance out my reading and writing to fit in with my leisure time and for school assignments.... [tags: Writing process, Writing, Writing style, Leisure]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- The Morality of Casual Sex Casual sex is very prevalent in today’s society. Raja Halwani writes that for casual sex to be morally permissible it must meet certain conditions. In this essay I will use the writing “Virtue Ethics, Casual Sex, and Objectification” written by Raja Halwani, to prove that most cases of casual sex are not morally permissible. Halwani states that there are five conditions that must all be met for casual sex to be morally permissible. These five conditions are as follows.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior]
870 words (2.5 pages)
- Throughout my life, reading and writing were a positive thing because of the support from the people around. I was never really the confident or extroverted type of person back in the day. This then caused me to be anxious when I read or be doubtful of what I wrote. I can still remember breaking balls of sweats and tensing up whenever I had to read something aloud in elementary. It was a pretty big social problem for me but I can also recall many times where I was laughing and having fun while doing something with reading or writing with my mother.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Reading, Learning]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Having the Time of Your Life Writing Your Autobiography Interested in writing the story of your life, but never thought of yourself as a writer. Maybe you once had aspirations of writing, but critique, or the responsibilities of life, derailed your dream. Or do you believe that only celebrities have life experiences worth recording for posterity. Autobiography writing can be described as, “the story of your best friend told by your worst enemy.” What is discovered through participating in a weekly Autobiography Writing Workshop is that it is not about grammar or exceptional prose, grades or competition.... [tags: Writing, Family, Writer, Writing circle]
1048 words (3 pages)