As I evaluate the case study, I have identified the problem of a newly hired employee (Jane) placed in a situation in which she is subjected to a manager (Eddie) who has used his authoritative power to provide favoritism to his brother which is unethical in a business sense; those concerns are now being raised by Jane who has to make a tough decision to either disclose her finding to Brad, with fear of retaliation from Eddie, or continue to support this unethical practice, in order to keep her job. According to U.S Labor la...
... middle of paper ...
...(2012) states: “deontological ethics is marked by steadfastness to universal principles – for example, respect for life, fairness, telling the truth, keeping promises – no matter what the consequences.” Under this approach, Jane should have no fear to voice her concerns regardless of the outcome considering retaliation. On the other hand this approaches outlines the ability for one to keep promises. Based on the case study, it was clear that Eddie specifically informed Jane of the need for maintaining strict confidentiality regarding employee salaries and pay scale, therefore, Jane accepting the position would have the obligation to keep that promise to Eddie, and if not face consequences. However, this approach speaks more volumes to absolute fairness, and telling the truth, therefore, I would recommend Jane taking this approach over the Utilitarianism approach.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Organizational behaviour is an area of study that examines the impact of individuals, groups and structures have on the performance of an organization. In this essay I will be looking at an organization and highlighting the main problems they face. Then I will explore three areas of organizational behaviour and show how they can be used to resolve the problems and improve the overall performance of the organization. I will also cover a few issues with implementing the proposed changes.... [tags: motivation, innovation, salary, performance]
2053 words (5.9 pages)
The Hill Case Study : Hill 's Performance Incentive Model For Improved Quality For Health Maintenance
- Hill Case Study The twenty-first century has become a very market-driven place and health care is at its highest in demand for adjustment. In exertion to assist with this modification, the case study by Hill Physicians demonstrates an effective innovation pay-for- performance-incentive model for improved quality in health maintenance. In this subject field, Hill Physicians proves that engaging health information technology, innovative care management methods, predictive modelling, and financial incentives will provide higher quality and more efficient care.... [tags: Health care, Electronic health record]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- When a company hires a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the company must decide how to compensate the CEO. There are many ways of compensating CEOs, and they all have advantages and disadvantages. These can include things such as salaries, stock options, bonuses, and other benefits. How the company decides to arrange all the things for its CEO can be very crucial to the company’s success. One of the most interesting decision the company must make is whether to give its CEO a golden parachute, and what the company decides to offer as a compensation package, can be one of the most important decision the board of a company makes.... [tags: Executive compensation, Chief executive officer]
1057 words (3 pages)
- EBay’s Company make it easy for sellers to find and subscribe to third-party application that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of business. In eBay several applications are pre-approved to be embedded; and available immediately through my eBay.com for subscribers of selling managers. The company anticipates steady growth in the number of tools available through the selling manager applications platform to address specific needs of eBay sellers including: shipping, inventory management, sales tracking and customer support.... [tags: EBay, Electronic commerce, PayPal, Yahoo!]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
The Relationship Between Executive Compensation And The Sustainable Future Of The Respective Organizations
- The main objective of this study is to Identify and analyze the relationship between executive compensation and the sustainable future of the respective organizations as a result of granting these compensations. This is considered in a broader scale where not only the company but also the employees and the stakeholders of the company are considered. Before proceeding into details it is worthy to understand what an Executive compensation is. Executive compensation or executive pay is composed of the financial compensation and other non-financial awards received by an executive from their firm for their service to the organization.... [tags: Management, Executive compensation]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Incentive based compensation plans are one of the most conversed topics organizations that have been dealing with for quite some time. There have been several philosophies, formulas, and plans used but in the end, each type of plan has created unfavorable and optimistic results. The questions have always been whether the positive that comes from incentives plans are worth the challenges they create. In examining some of the plans that offer individuals, team based, and long-term incentives, they all vary in different ways that they are applicable, administered and designed, and beneficial to the organization’s objectives.... [tags: planning, financial performance, compensation]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- Compensation philosophy is basically official statement recording the organization position about employee compensation. This explains the “why” of employee pay and produces a framework for stability. Employers can benefit from this if open about their compensation philosophy and having a proper pay strategy (SHRM, 2015). The executive team and the human resources department are the ones that usually develop the compensation philosophy’s. The compensation plan is based on different factors, for example, the organizations financial position, the salary information, the size of the company, and the level complexity in discovering qualified people based on the economy.... [tags: Employment, Employment compensation, Insurance]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- At the dawn of the information age, to be young, as Wordsworth said in another context, is very heaven. Getting to know what goes inside computers, the engines of the Information Technology revolution, and knowing how to work with them enables one to understand the technology that makes it all possible. Understanding this, I chose to do my undergraduate study in Electronics and Communications engineering. Prior to that, I had a fairly normal educational career. I did well through my high school and worked hard to get undergraduate admission in the field of my interest in one of the most reputed engineering colleges in my state, SNIST, JNT University.... [tags: electronics, computers, technology]
552 words (1.6 pages)
- The Disaster in London-The LAS Case study Description of the case situation This case describes the process where London Ambulance Service throughout the last 20 years has tried to implement a new and it-based despatch system. There have been several phases and parts of the project, and when looking back at it today the period is characterized by chaos and problems. Starting in the early 1980’s with LAS realizing their manual system had to change because of inefficiency, too high level of human dependence and problems with managing the national three minute activation standard.... [tags: Information Technology Case Study]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- Basis For Compensation Premier Conferencing basis for compensation is based on individual, team/organizational efforts. Premier’s associates are their greatest assets and they work collaboratively to achieve a rare degree of success to satisfy their client’s unique needs. In doing this, Premier’s employees work hard at their jobs to provide outstanding service to their customers, therefore received above average pay, both individual, team players, and organizational. It’s great that Premier Conferencing emphasizes on having fun in the workplace while being productive and successful in increase sales and commissions.... [tags: essays research papers]
702 words (2 pages)