UNIT 5, 6
“PRINCE2 PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” AND “MS PROJECT CLOSURE”
NAME- SARABDEEP SINGH
STUDENT ID- C0661489
COURSE- EPM 2112
SUBMITTED TO- PROF. BOB XOURAFAS
MOTIVE- the motive of studying this unit is to understand to what is prince2, how it is different from the PMBOK, what are the similarities and so on. Moreover, we will study closure of the project using MS project.
REFLECTION- the prince2 approach is the project handling approach which is used in the most of the European countries. The organization APM group which is headquartered in United Kingdom. There is some of the similarities between PMBOK and PRINCE2 for instance as per PMBOK the projects are temporary endeavor to create unique product whereas as per PRINCE2 a project is temporary organization that is created for the purpose of delivering one or more business products according to the business case. The PRINCE2 project management methodology consists up of four elements that are principles, themes, processes and project environment which is explained as
PRINCIPLES- there are seven principles in the PRINCE2 methodology which are-
1. Continued business justification- this means the organization should be very careful about the business case or business motive for which the project has been started and should remain the same throughout the project.
2. Learn from experience- this is somehow the same as the PMBOK in which the project team will continue to look for the past business project to get some of the key information which may be somehow can be relevant for the project that is newly undertaken.
3. Defined roles and r...
... middle of paper ...
...individually do research on the additional information about the PRINCE2 and what are the differences between the PRINCE2 and PMBOK. he also additional webpages addresses to gather the information for the PRINCE2 that is from where I come to know the digit 7 that is PRINCE2 structure consists up of seven principles, seven themes and seven processes. The study notes provided by the professor provide relevant information about PRINCE2 and usage of MS project in project closure report. I believe without this valuable information one cannot succeed his career in the project management industry.
1. Class Lectures on 16 November 2015 by Prof. Bob Xourafas
2. Study notes EPM 2112 UNIT 5 “PRINCE2 PROJECT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM” and unit 6 “MS PROJECT CLOSURE”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Project Quality management Project management ensures that the task is accomplished minimizing the risk factors in specific time frame and minimizing the cost incurred while maximizing customer satisfaction. Henceforth, project management mainly deals with the areas such as cost, time, quality, scope, management of stakeholders, human resource management and risk management. Every project has a projected level of quality. When the projects vary, there will be variation in quality too. The specifications established by the customer will decide what the expected level of quality is.... [tags: Project management, Management, Quality assurance]
705 words (2 pages)
- Projects are critical to the success of any organization as they involve the activities that result in new or changed products, services, environments, processes and organizations. Organizations have increasingly embraced project management as a key strategy for staying ahead in today’s highly competitive business environment. Successful implementation of project management creates an organization that can readily meet the demands of each project and yet adapt quickly to a constantly changing dynamic environment, perhaps at the same time (Kerzner, 2010).... [tags: Business Management ]
3624 words (10.4 pages)
- As we see that there are more five additional activities that are been added to the Gantt chart, where the new project start with the internal research on cloud computing with other teams under the Environment Technologies Program has been developing a schedule and many others are researching about the cloud computing project. Then we identify the business of giving expert advice to people working in a professional or technical field. Here this function will help in giving the complete information about the project.... [tags: Project management, Management, PRINCE2, Cost]
1055 words (3 pages)
- The Quality management Strategy and Quality register are based on the Prince2 principles. Table of Contents 3 Introduction 4 Quality Procedure 5 Tools and Techniques 6 Records 7 Reporting 8 Time of Quality Activities 9 Roles and Responsibilities 3 Introduction This Quality management strategy is to aid in helping the objectives for the development of the Innovation Community Centre. The strategy covers and follows all procedures in regards to both the work during the refurbishment and the products in operational use: Ultimate responsibility for this strategy falls with the Executive Board.... [tags: Management, Quality assurance]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Projects IN Controlled Environment is the abbreviation for PRINCE2. It is one of the process based development method for efficient project management. The UK government used this method extensively but it also recognized widely and used in private sectors in the UK as well as internationally. This PRINCE2 method is within the public domain and it provides non-proprietorial support on best practice and guidance on managing the project. The PRINCE2 offer the required project governance to work in and around waterfall delivery framework.... [tags: Project management, Management, PRINCE2]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Sharif Mair Professor Catherine White Module 6: Research Review Management Information System SUNY Empire State College Term Project Research Review Part A 1. What did you learn. I learned that customer relationship management systems are practices, strategies, and technologies that organizations and companies use to manage and analyze customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle with the company. With the hopes of improving their business relationship, assisting in customer retention and driving sales.... [tags: Customer relationship management]
1321 words (3.8 pages)
- Human Resource Managementa Case Study Management of Human Resources-Assignment Introduction: In order to critically assess and recommend alternatives, I would like firstly to give a brief description of the business crisis the company was facing and the subsequent need for change in the company’s overall business strategy. I would then like to focus on the key aspects of the firm’s human resources strategy and the changes that were made in order to supplement the overall changes in the business strategy.... [tags: Personnel Management]
2081 words (5.9 pages)
- To whom it may concern, I take immense pleasure in recommending one of my favorite former students, Harshdeep kaur. As her teacher, who was acquainted with her for 4 years during her under graduation in Computer Science, I regard her as a very keen and diligent learner. She has kept in touch even after passing out of college and communicates all her professional experiences/achievements with me. Given that I too am concerned about her welfare, I try to guide her wherever I think she requires some guidance.... [tags: Database management system, Database]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- A database management system is a collection of programs that allow users to create and maintain a database. Even though there are numerous advantages for using database management systems, there are a few disadvantages. Such disadvantages include complexity, size, performance, and the associated costs of a database management system. The advantages of a database management system outweigh the disadvantages, but one should understand the disadvantages to ensure they have a complete understanding of the system.... [tags: Database management system, SQL]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- A comprehensive performance management system will be thorough, inclusive, practical, meaningful, reliable, open, ethical, and correctable among other qualities (Aguinis, 2013). Additionally, the process of managing performance will be an ongoing process to include processes such as coaching and employee development. An ideal performance management system will serve an organization by developing satisfied and competent employees who are actively engaged in aiding the organization to reach their strategic goals, mission, and vision.... [tags: Management Performance System]
2845 words (8.1 pages)