In this investigation we have been focused on a suspect named Charles Milles Maddox, known as Charles Manson, along with the “Manson Family” members. There has been rumors and conspiracies of other crimes related to the family but the main crimes of focus is the Tate-LaBianca along with Gary Hinman which was later discovered and connected by the Malibu Police Department. The two gruesome murders that occurred and were handled by the LAPD was first the murder of Sharon Tate along with four of her friends in the house that night. The following night the couple Leno and Rosemary LaBianca were murdered as well. The murder of Gary Hinman was discovered months later but was recorded to actually be the first killing, which Charles Manson himself did take part in. Tate-LaBianca became very popular because of the violent nature of the crimes. In all crimes there was an excessive amount of stabbing and phrases written in the victim’s blood such as “PIGS” (Sharon Tate 1969). “Death to Pigs, Rise, Helter Skelter” (LaBianca’s 1969). Along with these phrases Mr.LaBianca had “WAR” carved on his stomach with a knife lodged in his throat. In Gary Hinman “Political Piggy” was found written on his walls. The LaBianca’s were superstore owners but were more so randomly chosen than the other victims; they acted as a rerun trial after their first crime being “messy”. The other two victims were the central attention. They had celebrity social statues, the incentives for fame and fortune. This was everything the Manson family, Charles Manson himself couldn’t have.
These crimes took place in the state of California. LaBianca took place in the Los Angeles area while Hinman took place in the Santa...
... middle of paper ...
...pushed away because the LAPD believed it was just a drug trade gone wrong. A few things that could’ve been fixed is doing a thorough search of the crime scene and evidence handling. The LAPD didn’t look around the scene, this lead to problems because the news found suspects bloody clothing before the police did. Also a kid found the murder weapon and when police got a hold of it they put their hands all over it. There are some flaws that are inevitable to avoid but trying to do a thorough search and procedures. For this investigation the investigative use would be the Manson family. We would interview the different members to try to see why these crimes were committed and if there could be more. You can get to see the different personalities in the cult and warn people what to look out for. These past crimes can help us try any further crimes from people in general.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The famous Charles Manson, a convicted serial killer, was known as the “Icon of Evil” for his ability to have founded a hippie cult of young runaways that hung on his every word and eventually would participate in the killings of pregnant famous actor Sharon Tate Polanski and her friends in 1969 as well as the Labianca couple the following night. “Manson had a charismatic personality, an undeniable presence. He was able to dominate, to bring others under his power,” (Huston 345) With Manson’s personality, he was able to offer his “love” to many young women who came from rough homes or felt unwanted and ran away and whom yearned for something more in life.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Charles "Tex" Watson]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- Charles Manson Charles Manson was a criminal and major cult leader. In the late 1960’s, he formed the cult which he later named The Manson Family. Manson's “family” committed nine murders at four different locations. In 1971, Manson was convicted of first degree murder for the deaths of seven of the nine murders, two years before conviction. Manson was later convicted of first degree murder of the concluding two deaths later that year. Before the cult and the murders, Manson was a singer-songwriter associated with the Los Angeles Music Industry and Dennis Wilson, who was the drummer of the Beach Boys.... [tags: Charles Manson, Mann Act, The Beach Boys]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Charles M. Mason Charles Manson and his followers known as, (The Family) were convicted of the murders in Los Angles back in 1969. Based on the prosecution’s theory that they were part of a plan to trigger the Helter Skelter (an apocalyptic war arising from racial tensions between blacks and whites) scenario. In this paper, we will discuss how Charles Manson was a Visionary Leader, however his Vision was tainted with Unethical Decision Making. Charles Mason used power of persuasion and manipulation to achieve his vision of chaos.... [tags: Charles Manson, Vincent Bugliosi, Helter Skelter]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- JDK Case Study Just because their last names might sound the same, does not mean that Michael Jager of JDK, a powerful marketing company, and Mic Jagar of the Rolling Stones are not just as powerful as one another. Michael Jager is one of the marketing industry’s favorite up and coming managers; someone that big companies are starting to turn to for his unique approach towards marketing. His company JDK, stands for Jager, Jager’s wife’s initials Giovanna Di Paola, and the marketing director and chief financial operator, David Kemp.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- Manipulation the art of control,the art to be destructive and play as a villainous character and people obtain this power in many ways.Whether it be from hierarchical power which derives from someone like a Kim Jong UN who enslaves his people from wisdom of the outer world to make himself a God.It can also come from being incredibly deceivable for example from intelligence like Iago from Othello who made Othello kill his wife and himself just by abusing his trait of jealousy.These two seemingly is not the case for Charles manson the architect behind the tate and labianca murders of 10050 cielo drive and 3301 waverly place that got his family to do it.Manson who had an average iq and spent h... [tags: Charles Manson, Charles "Tex" Watson, Sharon Tate]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Charles Manson and the Manson Family Charles Manson was born on November 12, 1934. His parents were Walter Scott and Kathleen Maddox, but shortly after, his stepdad, William Manson, adopted him. Charles Manson has three children. Charles Milles Manson, Jr., Charles Luther Manson, and Valentine Michael. Charles Manson was married twice, first with Rosalie Jean Willis then, later, with Candy Stevens. Charles Manson is currently imprisoned for life because he and his “Family” were accused of the horrific murders of the Tate and LaBianca families.... [tags: Charles Manson, Vincent Bugliosi, Paul Watkins]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Charles Milles Manson was born on November 19, 1934 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Charles Manson is an American cult leader and convicted mass murderer. Manson is the son of Kathleen Maddox, who gave birth to him at the age of 16, after running away from her strict religious household. Maddox later marries a man named William Manson, and Charles keeps the last name even after his mother's short marriage. This would be the start of a very rough childhood for Charles. His mother, Kathleen, had a reputation of drinking too much and even spending some time in jail.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Susan Atkins]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- Erin Williams English 4 Hor. Mrs. Dumas November 30 , 2018 Charles Manson Charles Manson, a well-known cult leader from the 1970’s, who not only recruited followers but influenced them to commit multiple famous murders as well. Most people know who was killed and how they were killed but most people don't know what led Charles Manson to commit such heinous acts. From early childhood influences to the ideas and creation of the “ The Family “ (cult), and his attempts to get him recognized is what led Charles Manson to end up in the jail cell where he sat to the day of his death.... [tags: Charles Manson, The Beatles, Charles "Tex" Watson]
1878 words (5.4 pages)
- When asked who he was, Charles Manson responded, “I’m nobody. I’m a tramp, a bum, a hobo. I’m a boxcar and a jug of wine, and a straight razor if you get too close to me” (as said in parole hearing 1989) In the year 1969, the whole United States population was shaken by the cold blooded Tate murders. The people behind these murders would become known as The Manson Family. The Manson Family was a hippie cult led by a man named Charles Manson. For many years, the mention of these people struck fear and horror into the hearts and minds of the American people.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Susan Atkins]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Charles Manson was born on November 12, 1934 is a serial killer who spearheaded a murderous campaign with his followers, the Manson Family cult. Famous for the brutal murders of actress Sharon Tate and other Hollywood residents, Manson was never actually found guilty of committing the murders himself. He was However, because of the terrible crimes he forced others to commit made him a living figure of evil. Charles Mason first lived in Ohio with his mother was Kathleen Maddox a 16 year old girl that had been an alcoholic and prostitute.... [tags: Charles Manson, Sharon Tate, Charles "Tex" Watson]
812 words (2.3 pages)