The main issue in this case is the disclosure decision, that is whether to disclose about the deferred payments to the shareholders or not. Second issue deals with accounting for sales. It is essential for the company to understand about its performance under the new proposed plan. In this case, the company will be lending money to their customers for purchasing the equipment's. But at the same time, during tough times in construction industry, a large portion of new customers may end up in non-repayment of debt. During tough time in the industry, it will be difficult to get market for the repossesses machinery. This situation cleanly mentions that Henderson would have given its product for no value which will result in huge loss and even failure to the company.
If in case the company is transparently disclosing about the deferred payment plan to the shareholders, then the reaction will be negative (most probably) and will result in lower bidding of stock price. If in case, these deferred revenues are not disclosed it will be positive during initial time and once it is being discovered during default time this will lead to more challenges for the company. This will lead to outrage of the investors and will drastically affect the stock price of the company.
The more interesting part is regarding the accounting treatment program. If in case, appropriate instalment sales techniques are being used, then sales under these new program will be beneficial on the current year’s revenue and profitability, as only a portion of amount on sales will be paid and recognized. Thus, there will be no change in the investors’ attitude towards the company and th...
... middle of paper ...
...clearly indicate about prosperity. But conversely if in case these rate differences are higher, then it indicates about the recession.
From the above discussion about the spread as an economic indicator, it is clear that Charlie was correct in stating that the spread indicates about the prosperity in future. But the main concern in this case is that, both these rates are increasing and the spread is also increasing. This indicates that the economy may face recession in the near future.
It is actually critical in evaluating as the nature of the products are such that everyone does good during the good economic times but the result will dramatically decrease with the change in the economic conditions. There are cases were stable companies collapsed during recessions. This clearly indicates that it will be fatal to think about expansion during the economic recession.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Their likelihood to change an opinion or behavior depends on their perceived benefits or certain barriers that may be out of their control. Interventions can be used to promote health behavior changes and aid in persuading or increasing awareness on a particular issue. In the article, Can Realtor Education Reduce Lead Exposures for Vulnerable Populations?, researchers implemented a study design to see if a live education course will raise licensed real estate agents perceptions on lead-based paint being a hazard in renovated homes and allow them to act accordingly.... [tags: Health, Behavior, Research]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- HEALTH AND PHYSCOLOGICAL: Brian reports he is in good health. He maintains an active life style, eats healthy, and does not smoke and only drinks alcohol occasionally. Brian completed his Health Self-Disclosure form on 8/19/15. He has not received services for a psychiatric condition, emotional problem, depression, or substance abuse. Brian was examined by Dr. Chuba Ononye, M.D. on 9/08/15. His current physical health was listed as “good”. His current emotional health was also listed as “emotionally stable.” There is no indication of any medical, emotional, or other condition that would interfere with Brian’s ability to care for or supervise children.... [tags: Health, Health care, Medicine, Personal life]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- The topic of full disclosure in the health care setting is a tough issue. The particular case we have been tasked with coming to a moral judgement on is no exception. First, here are the facts of the case. A 9 year old girl is terminally ill with an HIV/AIDs diagnosis that she acquired from her mother. She had no control over the contraction of this disease, and there are no options for her to control her progression or prognosis. Her legal guardian is her grandmother, who has taken over as the little girl’s mother has already progressed into the disease process accompanying AIDs and has succumbed to a coma.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Patient]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- A Company’s Financial Health When people look to invest in a company it is important to understand the financial health of a company. The reason the financial health of a company is important to see how risky investing in that company would be. When a company is making billions in sales this does not always indicate they are better than a company making millions in sales. Simply using the amount of sales a company does is not enough to determine the financial health of a company. The financial ratios help determine the financial health of a company.... [tags: Financial ratios, Financial ratio, Balance sheet]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- This report objects to succinctly compare between the disclosure of PP&E as AASB116 and Western area’s disclosure on PP&E of financial statement. It firstly outlines the objective of general purpose financial reporting of company and its relevance to the qualitative characteristics such as relevant, faithful representation, timeliness, verifiability, comparability and understandability. It will then go on investigates and analyze Western area’s current general purpose financial reporting and its future advices.... [tags: Generally Accepted Accounting Principles]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
The Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting: Bega´s Current Accounting Practice of Property, Plant and Equipment
- Overview of the report This report analyses the disclosures of objective of general purpose financial reporting and the qualitative characteristics of useful financial information according to The Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting. It investigates Bega’s current accounting practice of Property, Plant and Equipment in accordance with AASB 116 Property, Plant and Equipment, and how it satisfies the objective of general purpose financial reporting and the qualitative characteristics of useful financial.... [tags: financial statements, disclosure]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- 2.3 Re-evaluation of Embedded Value Disclosures at Manulife As there is significant need to accurately disclose the results of embedded value at Manulife, the Manulife Embedded Value team has committed to revamping their embedded value disclosure process. The following analysis will explain the changes the team has been continuing to implement for the past two years and what the effects of these changes will be. 2.3.1 Mixed Basis Reporting In prior years, Manulife has reported the embedded value of the company on a Canadian International Financial Reporting Standards (C-IFRS) basis for all business units (Beharry, 2014).... [tags: International Financial Reporting Standards]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- The Financial condition analysis is of vital concern to health managers, security analyst, investors and lenders. There are various financial terms which help in providing financial information of an organization. By looking at the raw data merely it is difficult to make any judgement from the income statement and balance sheet. “Ratio analysis is a form of financial statement analysis that is used to get a quick sign of a firm’s financial performance in several key areas. Ratio analysis is a cornerstone of fundamental analysis.... [tags: Balance sheet, Financial statements, Health care]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- FINANCIAL SOURCES AND DOCUMENTS I would invite my friend to coffee and explain to him the situation if he wants to expand on financial sources available and the legal/financial documentation he has a duty to provide. Finance If he wants to expand as a sole trader or partnership, there are a variety of choices for his business as follow. Personal Savings: This is the cash my friend has ready. It is a quick and easy source of funding for him. He can choose if he wants to retain his savings or use them to purchase tools, cars, gears or other equipment his business 's requires.... [tags: Balance sheet, Finance, Financial statements, Loan]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Disclosure is a drama/thriller. The genre for this movie states, “Sex is Power”. Tom is a happily married man, a successful computer expert, and works for a major computer company “Digicom”, which is about to merge. He believes he is going to receive a promotion because of all his devotion and work for the company. Instead the job goes to Meredith, who is from another plant and with whom he was romantically involved in his bachelor days. She is now his new boss, who is very aggressive, sexy and dedicated to destroy him after he refuses to have an affair with her.... [tags: Disclosure Movies Sex Films Essays]
4404 words (12.6 pages)