The overall objective of this paper is to articulate the fact that HP seems to be behind our competitors in the implementation of a cloud strategy. One of the things that prompted the writing of this paper was the news that HP ES will be reducing or even cutting out investment in cloud including further work in ECS and support models for CloudSystem. Whatever the situation is with HP ES, this paper will attempt to make that case that HP is currently behind competitors in terms of Cloud computing and that we should accelerate not reduce investment in cloud computing and this investment must be made in the development and delivery of cloud services.
Consider our current state of affairs. HP currently has no public cloud offering that is generally available to customers, HP’s ECS offering has a pricing approach that positions it...
... middle of paper ...
...years? Retrieved March 12, 2012 from http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/presskits/commsector/docs/SMBStudy_032011.pdf
Hiskar, H., Matzke, P., Ried, S., & Lisserman, M, (2011). Forrsights: The Software Market In Transformation, 2011 And Beyond Shifting Buying Preferences Lead To New Software Priorities, Forrester Research report.
Mahowald, R. (2011). Competing in the Cloud 8 Big Things to Watch. Unpublished lecture at the CloudCor 2011 Cloud Conference, December 5th, 2011.
Linthicum, D. (2011). It's official: 'Cloud computing' is now meaningless. InfoWorld August 10, 2011 Retrieved March 18, 2011 from http://informationweek.com/news/cloud-computing/infrastructure/232300410
Babcock, C. (2011) 5 Worst Cloud Washers Of 2011. Infoweek December 13, 2011. Retrieved March 13, 2012 from http://www.informationweek.com/news/cloud-computing/infrastructure/232300410
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- System performance is one of the most important metrics to measure system efficiency. Organizations that need high-performance computing such as scientific ones can use cloud computing to perform their tasks faster. In the cloud there are many machines works together in parallel to provide high processing speed. Now, most of organizations use only 15 percent of their machines capacity. Moreover, cloud computing provides services for data-intensive applications such as data mining. Salesforce.com which provides cloud CRM applications says that the performance is faster five times comparing to traditional cline-server infrastructure.... [tags: Information Technology]
528 words (1.5 pages)
- ... If a multitenant cloud service database is not properly designed, a flaw in one client’s application could allow an attacker access not only to that client’s data, but every other client’s data as well. 91% user has voted that it is still relevant. 4 Study on cyber-attack in cloud computing Cloud resources are the attractive ground for the cyber-criminals due to the huge resources available at the centralized place. Accessibility by anyone subscribing, and from anywhere is offering further options to access the cloud.... [tags: cyber-security, data loss, breaches]
2003 words (5.7 pages)
- ... These success stories drive thru intention for many people to work on their own ideas in spite of big or a small and mostly we see their major platform for such experiments is on cloud because cloud is a big success in generating such smart people and we do have many live examples 1.1.3. Mobile Internet Age is key momentum for Cloud Computing From past to present we compare the technology in ages. When we look at all the ages we see presently are at the knee of mobile internet age. In this mobile internet age most of the people rely on services using their devices.... [tags: Cloud computing, Everything as a service, Google]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- New technologies raise new ethical challenges besides new technical problems. Cloud computing is the recent technology in IT that moves the data away from portable storage devices to large data centers called cloud. It basically means that every application given as services over the Internet to the user. In the view of User it is accessing his/her files, programs and other services through Internet which are hosted by other service providers. One more aspect of cloud computing is the cost effectiveness of this technology which attracted enterprises to use this technology to consume their IT services in a cost effective way.... [tags: technology, cloud, ethical]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), cloud computing is referred to as a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configuration computing resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. The following paper will discuss the meaning of cloud computing, the major providers, benefits of adoption, pitfalls of adoption, current trends in the business community, and current application within the business community.... [tags: Cloud Services]
2148 words (6.1 pages)
- Cloud Computing In this report I will be looking at cloud computing, I will begin with an overview of cloud computing. I will then look at the advantages that cloud computing brings to the table. Lastly I will be looking at the concerns that people have with cloud computing. What is Cloud Computing. Cloud computing is computing that involves a larger number of computers that are connected over a communication network such as the internet or access and storing data over the internet instead of your hard drive.... [tags: internet, hard drive, public cloud services]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Case Study, Stage 4: IT Solution and Next Steps I. Introduction Strategy for competitive Advantage-Focus Business Process to be Improved-Employee Scheduling System II. Proposed IT Solution-Employee Scheduling System from Time Curve. The Employee Scheduling System allows for Managerial staff to assign staff schedule based on client need. Time Curve allows a free trial period of one month and there after charges a monthly fee based on client/employee pairing of $1 per pair and one user (scheduling staff) for a fee of $5.... [tags: User, Login, Unix, Cloud computing]
2207 words (6.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION: With cloud computing, Amazon has enabled the usage of internet and central remote servers to maintain data and applications and created an environment where connectivity and availability is unobtrusive and prevalent. Amazon offers two options for hosting applications and databases. Amazon EC2 with Elastic Block Storage allows one to run a MySQL database server on Elastic Compute Cloud, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider, with Elastic Block Storage (EBS). Meanwhile, another option called Amazon’s Relational Database Services (RDS) is a scalable relational database in the cloud with high availability.... [tags: MySQL, amazon, internet, cloud computing]
1295 words (3.7 pages)
- ... According to the article WEB CLOUD ZONE “Cloud hosting provides easy, optimal way of utilization and management over the cloud technology. In addition to 24x7x365 monitoring, you can hire a cloud tech support where they will take care of you cloud computing, and they will look at optimization of your cloud computing, and if any issue they will be ready to troubleshoot if required” (Cardoza 2014). Ensuring that the data will be safe 24/7 bring an peace of mind to the consumer . In the same content as advantages, there always are disadvantages also.... [tags: digital hardware, hackers, technology, internet]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction The information technology industry is growing at a rapid pace. Every business entity needs some form of IT support to ensure that business operations are continuously running. As an entity grows in size and revenue, the information system needed to support the entity needs to grow as well. Some businesses may not have enough resources to accommodate this expansion. Their building may be too small or they cannot afford to purchase the equipment. When this is the case, an organization will choose to migrate their network infrastructure to a cloud computing environment.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1622 words (4.6 pages)