• Philander Owensby was convicted in Delaware County of Possession of a Controlled Substance, a Class C Felony in 2006. He was also convicted of Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance within 1000 feet, a Class C Felony in 2007 in Delaware County. Both convictions are being used to support the prosecutor’s case to seek habitual offender status.
• In 1995 and again in 1998, he was charged with possession with intent to distribute. The 1995 charge was possession of cocaine with intent to distribute. The 1998 charge was dropped, and he was convicted of the 1995 charge.
• He has had several possession charges (crack, cocaine, and marijuana). Some have now been dismissed, multiple driving while suspended charges, and several other misdemeanor charges, most of which have been dismissed. In 2010 he was charged with attempted theft and found guilty. Throughout this, he has had multiple PVs and FTAs. He usually pleads guilty.
Philander Owensby: In the questionnaire, he stated he was leaving J. Drake’s house when he was pulled over by the J.E.A.N. Team. He claims that they brought him in and told him that if he didn’t work with them that he would be charged with DWS and dealing. He claimed to have no clue what they were talking about. He agreed because he claims that he just started working and got his daughter back. He claims to have made a call to set up a buy, but the person, J. Drake, somehow knew he was with the J.E.A.N. Team, and the deal fell through. He was told to call the J.E.A.N. Team the next day to set up another buy. He claims that the news spread around town about his involvement with the J.E.A.N. Team. He stated that as a result, he was in 3 fights, and he was labelled a snitch. He claims to have ...
... middle of paper ...
...em speaking, and Kelso had returned and said that they had to wait. Another vehicle pulled up near McCorkle. A short time later, McCorkle pulled away and took Kelso back to the bar.
• The prosecutor’s office has filed a notice of intent to seek habitual offender status. (4/1/2015)
• The CD only contained video of the 1st buy. On the state’s exhibit list only “Video Buy #1” is listed. The 2nd buy was recorded, but there is no video.
• Owensby mentioned working with the J.E.A.N. Team sometime before May 15, 2015 when he was told he had a warrant for 2 dealing charges. Does Owensby remember the dates or around what time he was involved with the J.E.A.N. Team? Do these dates match up with the October 2014 dealing charges? None of the J.E.A.N. Team reports mention any of the events Owensby described (bringing him in, setting up a buy for them, etc.).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Agency Context Demographics Goodwill Career Connections in Asheville, North Carolina helps community members overcome barriers to employment. Career Connections (CC) has four staff members, and I acted as the BSW intern. Staff members work with clients on job applications and resumes in a computer lab. An average of about 30 clients per day uses CC. Assessment of Client System and Community Resources CC is a well-known organization and a hub for the community. Staff connects many unemployed, low-income clients to resources in the community.... [tags: Sociology, Social work, Transgender, Gender role]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Patient name: MR. SUBJECTIVE: CC: LUQ abdominal pain. HPI: MR is a 70 y.o. male patient who presents to ER with constant, dull and RUQ abdominal pain onset yesterday that irradiate to the back of right shoulder. Client also c/o nauseas, vomiting and black stool x2 this morning. He reports that currently resides in an ALF; they called the ambulance after his second episodes of black stool. Pt reports he drank Pepto-Bismol yesterday evening without relief. Pt states that he never experienced similar symptoms in the past.... [tags: Perforated peptic ulcer]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Psychological Analysis 1) What are your initial observations of the patient. Include name, age, marital status, profession, behavior, etc. My client’s name is Arleen Mc Coy. Arleen is a thirty eight year old female. She has been married for 15 years and has two sons ages five and twelve. Arleen is a police officer and has been so for ten years. She is currently on paid medical leave and has three weeks left before she is due back at work. Arleen’s parents have been divorced for sixteen years and her father is an alcoholic with history of physical abuse toward his children.... [tags: essays research papers]
1958 words (5.6 pages)
- IBM Case Analysis The International Business Machines Corporation, IBM, is the world’s largest information technology company, with 80 years of leadership in helping businesses innovate. Drawing on resources from across IBM and key Business Partners, IBM offers a wide range of services, solutions and technologies that enable customers, small, medium, and large, to take full advantage of the new era of e-business. This paper will present a brief overview of the company, including a brief SWOT analysis, and a review of the marketing, management, and financial aspects of the firm.... [tags: Business Marketing Management Analysis Strategy]
1699 words (4.9 pages)
- Analysis of Cardiology Case Study and Plan of Care Subjective Data The patient is a fifty-two-year-old male of Irish American descent with initials A.B. who presents to the clinic for a follow-up visit to discuss key risk factors following an admission to the hospital where he underwent cardiac catheterization and the placement of a stent. Chief Complaint (CC) A.B. presented to the emergency department (ED) complaining of severe substernal chest pain that lasted for four hours and that he described as “crushing”.... [tags: Myocardial infarction, Atherosclerosis]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- HUS 412 Case Management II Exam One Short Answer (5 points each) 1. What are the two (2) reasons for accurate records and documentation. The two reasons records and documentation should be correct is for legal purposes and administrative purposes. It helps to be able to look back on your records for further information on each client. 2. Define what a collateral contact is and provide at least three (3) examples. Collateral contacts are the individuals who associate themselves with the client.... [tags: Major depressive disorder, Bipolar disorder]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis and the Prediction of Corporate BankruptcyANKRUPTCY – ARTICLE SUMMARY
- The article Financial Ratios, Discriminant Analysis and the Prediction of Corporate Bankruptcy was written in 1968 by Edward I. Altman. The purpose of the article is to address the quality of ratio analysis as an analytical technique. At the time some academicians were moving away from ratio analysis and moving toward statistical analysis. The article attempted to determine if ratio analysis should be continued, eliminated and replaced by statistical analysis or serve together with statistical analysis as cofactors in financial analysis.... [tags: Analysis, Edward I. Altman]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Monroe County Probation Thus far with my field placement at Monroe County Probation, our required hours of 220 have been completed. At this point in the Social Work experience it was reassuring to finally be able to incorporate what we have learned inside the classroom to real life situations. Although my internship at Probation will be cut short, I feel I got the proper experience while I was there. The most beneficial part of my experience at probation was the amount of effort my supervisor’s put in to insure that I got the most out of my time there.... [tags: Crime, Prison, Criminal justice, Criminal law]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Many organizations do not achieve the profits they anticipate by using incorrect methods or models to determine the true costs of products and services. This failure to correctly assess the costs associated with business not only affects the profit margin, but the organizations competitive advantage as well. In order to asses whether the organization is failing to realize optimum resource allocation, the organization should look at the methodology first popularized by Michael Porter titled the Value Chain Analysis (VCA).... [tags: Business Analysis]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Village Volvo Case Study 1. Village Volvo is an independent service operation that provides quality repair service on out of warranty Volvo at reasonable cost. The shop was build in suburb in the outskirts of the city. Unfortunately, it is not centrally and conveniently located for all of the customers, however a daily shuttle service is considered, since no alternate transportation is presently available. Village Volvo is based in a new butler building that has four work bays, plus the office, storage and the waiting room.... [tags: Business Analysis Automobile Industry Papers]
871 words (2.5 pages)