My ideal career would allow me to do something that interests me. I enjoy working with words and with numbers. I've also had success in the areas of technology and customer service.
I'm looking for a stable workplace environment. I would prefer to work for an established company – one with developed rules and procedures. I like having coworkers, someone with whom to brainstorm and to discuss successes and failures. In a team, I want someone else to be the bold innovator, the explorer, the creative force. I feel more comfortable doing the tried and true; I can tolerate a high degree of repetition.
On the Myers-Briggs personality inventory, my type is ISTJ. According to various Internet sources, good career choices for me include Computer Programming, Engineering, Health Careers, Proofreading, Efficiency Expert, and Accounting.
My salary expectations are quite minimal. I have no student loans to pay off. Our house is paid off. If health insurance turns out to be as affordable as has been touted, I won't even require health insurance as a benefit (one of my...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I have to admit in preparation of writing my nursing career, I found it very difficult to put a nursing career plan together. Over the past 12 years of my nursing career, I have learned that many of my experiences has molded my character. Nursing has so much to offer and I am fascinated by anything new that I am introduced to. I have worked in various places such as a cardiac transition care unit, acute care rehab unit, school/camp nurse, in home nurse, and 1:1 nurse to mainstream developmental delayed children into a public classroom setting.... [tags: Management, Goal, Nursing, Term]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction: This background report describes the student career planning that can help them to manage their learning and development process. The report focuses on different steps to make a career plan such as knowing yourself, finding out, making decisions and talking action to be the main points in your career plan. Knowing your self is to explore your skills, interests and motivations to set your goals of work and education. The finding out step is to explore the careers, education fields as well as determine your weakness to have variety of options whether in career or learning areas.... [tags: skills, decisions, education]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- The future is unknown but knowing what you want to try and accomplish and having dreams is a pivotal point in which I must decide on what I want to do upon retirement form the military. Having skills of a Soldier and those of a maintenance technician are skills and attributes that collate with the civilian sector. In this paper, I look to find what it is that I want to accomplish after retirement and my skill set that I bring to the civilian sector. My career plan will be to set realistic goals set around where I want to live and the job opportunities that are present in my area.... [tags: Management, Logistics, Leadership]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- The term career plan is the broad-based exploration associated with the career or profession expansion or growth and gives a clear explanation concerning the people who administer his or her careers within the corporations along with what aspects corporations use in formulating his or her career improvement among his or her associates. Expanding or enlarging a career or professional preparation is not an easy task for the reason behind the expansion plan assists in planning the upcoming period; throughout the whole life period people continually alter or change his or her careers frequently.... [tags: Career Ambition ]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Did you know there are thousands of jobs for a mechanical engineer, and the career will be unhurt by the struggling of the economy. There are many tasks a mechanical engineer is faced with on a daily basis. A mechanical engineer must have several qualities to make the work enjoyable for themselves and others. A mechanical engineer must be well qualified in their education to receive a job, as it is a broad industry. With having a job or career as a mechanical engineer you rarely have to worry if your job is going to exist the next day, or if your pay is going to get cut; a mechanical engineer is needed everywhere.... [tags: Career Research, Career Plan]
2114 words (6 pages)
- My Career Plan The future is uncertain for me, but it is important to develop a career plan that will provide financial support and personal fulfillment over the course of my professional life.... [tags: Business Career Goals Plans]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- I have a clear career plan in Information Technology that has multiple stages. In 2012, I received my Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering from University of Florida. I moved to South Florida to start my first job as a software development engineer in Citrix Systems Inc. This is the beginning of my career. I felt very comfortable with my role, and consistently delivered solid performance. With the very positive contribution to my organization, I was promoted twice in 3 years. Since the first day I joined Citrix, I have kept growing, developing professional skills and taking on new challenges over time.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Leadership]
1671 words (4.8 pages)
- Ideal Career Overview My ideal career would allow me to do something that interests me. I enjoy working with words and with numbers. I've also had success in the areas of technology and customer service. I'm looking for a stable workplace environment. I would prefer to work for an established company – one with developed rules and procedures. I like having coworkers, someone with whom to brainstorm and to discuss successes and failures. In a team, I want someone else to be the bold innovator, the explorer, the creative force.... [tags: personal narrative]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Career Development Plan Part 1 The goal of a nurse educator is to teach future nurses comprehensive knowledge and skills for clinical practice (Callen, Smith, Joyce, Lutz, Brown-Schott & Block, 2013, p. 583). I have been a proponent of learning since my family instilled the value of an education at an early age. I graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy in the 1990s. With limited career opportunities, I worked in pharmaceutical sales, tutorial and customer service before pursuing nursing as a second degree.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Critical thinking, Patient]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- Contents EXECUTIVE SUMMARY 3 INTRODUCTION 3 CURRENT SITUATION 3 Introduction 3 Graduate and employability skills 4 Employability skills: 4 Marketability Analysis 5 Marketable skills present in me: 6 Marketable skills to develop in me: 6 IDEAL SITUATION 6 S.W.O.T. Analysis 6 Career Goals 8 Short term goals: 8 Long term goals: 8 STEPS TO SUCCESS: WORK PLACEMENT 9 CONCLUSION 9 REFERENCES 10 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The report communicates the career action plan and its overview related to the position of general manager of the restaurant.... [tags: employability, marketability]
2084 words (6 pages)