Compared to a robotic technician, electronics engineering technicians have very similar skills that are required for occupations in this field. Critical thinking skills along with reading, writing, speaking, equipment maintenance and selection, and troubleshooting are some of the similarities between the two career paths. Careers in this field have other skill requirements that include time management and instructing others on procedures or equipment. The main difference between the robotics and the electronics field is the types of systems and equipment used for operations. Electronic engineer technicians assemble, test, and maintain circuits from engineers’ prototypes and rough sketches that are not mechanical or robotic related. (Bureau of Labor, 2014). They are responsible to select equipment, document designs/test results, and analyze design requirements for computer and electronicdevices. These types of technicians are also responsible to obey the engineer code of ethics for the safety and well-being to society and the environment. Based off labor statistics from O*Net, from now until 2022 the projected growth trend is 2% with an estimated 14,600 job openings. The graph below compares the growth trend of all three careers, showing electronics engineering technicians have the least estimated growth. The nation’s average annual salary is $59,820 for an electronic engineer technician. (O*Net, 2014b). The lifelong learning opportunities of careers in the electronics engineering field would consist of the ability to produce many ideas, to increase finger flexibility, and the ability to detect a hidden pattern.
Several characteristics of electronic engineering technicians that are important t...
... middle of paper ...
... me for this career, for example COMM115 teaches search strategies that I can use in this career.
In conclusion, the three careers in the electronics field that I am interesting in pursuing is robotics technology, electronics engineering technology, and computer programming. My advice to other future students is to begin with an outline of each job, separating each question and following that order during researching. While researching, I found it best to finish researching all the aspects of each job before searching the next job because I was able to keep all the information organized. After researching the information of the three careers I have decided the profession of robotics technicians is most likely the job that is suited for me. I am currently taking courses now, meaning my next step will be to find an internship and graduate with an associate’s degree.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are two things in common with all the x-rays taken. They all have a story and all the stories are shared with the man or women taking the x-ray. Almost everyone will have at least one x-ray in their life. Most x-ray technicians can make an impact on their patients life, no matter if it is a good or bad impact. While the patient is sitting there in minor or crucial pain, the x-ray technician has to distract them from the pain while they move them to take the x-rays. Most people do not understand just how important x-ray technicians are.... [tags: health career, radio technician]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- The role and responsibilities of a Health Information Technician (HIT) also known as a Medical Records Technician include maintaining the medical information system of a healthcare facility in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include organizing and coding patient records, recording information on patient records, the gathering of statistical and research data, monitoring information to ensure confidentiality and medical coding for billing purposes.... [tags: Career Research ]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- People, all over the world, have lifelong dreams that they hope to fulfill. As kids, everyone has those dream jobs made up in their mind. As a child, my dreams started out with wanting to be a ballerina, to a firefighter, a cook and finally landed, at eight years old, with the decision of going into the medical field. Yes, my dreams of what I wanted to be in the medical field changed over time but I have had my eyes set on pharmacy since I was a junior in high school. Junior year, I was required to take the ASVAB.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist, Medicine]
1391 words (4 pages)
- Pharmacy technicians hold important roles and duties in the pharmacy. They are essentially the pharmacist’s aide, but they hold many responsibilities in controlling the drugs. I interviewed a pharmacy technician, Kathy, who worked at Doctor’s Pharmacy, an independent pharmacy. Kathy was kind enough to take some time out of her day to allow me to ask her questions, mainly about her education, roles and experiences she had as a pharmacy technician. Kathy has been a pharmacy technician for almost twenty-six years and has been certified for two years.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1980 words (5.7 pages)
- From About.Com Health Careers, I’m given a quick overview of all the different types of pharmacists. I will only focus on the areas that interest me instead of researching several different topics that do not hold my attention. The first area of pharmacy I will research is retail pharmacy. These pharmacists are placed in stores grocery stores and other stores like Walgreens and CVS. Next, I will find information about pharmacies in a clinical setting, which are located in hospitals. These pharmacists work with doctors to determine the best types of medicine for a patient.... [tags: health careers, home infusion, retail pharmacy]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Veterinarian Vs. Veterinary Technician Working with animals is my passion; I want to protect, save, and help animals. Deciding on whether to go to college to become a veterinarian or a veterinary technician can be a difficult decision; however I chose veterinary technician. The cost of school, years of schooling, and the duties that are required for the day can affect that decision. To practice Veterinary medicine is a four year course of study plus the undergraduate degree (“Steps to”). Veterinarians or vets have to acquire a doctorate in veterinary medicine to practice as a vet.... [tags: Veterinary medicine, Veterinary technician]
1890 words (5.4 pages)
- ... Almost every website saids that a woman needs to be seventeen years old(age matters). Also a nail technician may need hours to complete the courts(“A nail technician needs 300 hours to be able to get a license(nail)”. Occurrent to another website need from 300 to 600 hours of training to qualify for a license. One of the requirements is the hours you to put to acting what as been learn to be able to see if it can be perform. Where the business is located is a big thing “Different states requires different training hours(state)”.A lot of website that said that different state required different training hours.... [tags: license, job opportunities]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Working in the medical field can be stressful and any care team must be able to think critically and efficiently. Most importantly, the care team must work together, facing the many circumstances life can bring into those double-doors. Whether it be as a nurse, medical assistant, veterinarian or as a veterinary technician, there is one common goal they all share, and that is to save lives and heal the ill in any way that they possibly can. I believe as a veterinary technician I will be faced with many challenges and heartache on a daily basis.... [tags: personal interest, helping animals]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- ... One of these situations is communicating with pet owners. A vet tech should be able to convey that they care about the animal as though it were their own. Also, a veterinary technician should have the ability to ease the nerves and emotions of pet owners to Loegering III help them understand what is going on and that things will be okay. Although, sometimes things can go wrong. In these cases technicians have to be considerate and have the ability to set aside their own emotions and comfort the owners that need it.... [tags: personal desires, education, training]
980 words (2.8 pages)