The career of computer programming dates back to 1842. The first “pre-computers” were not powered by electricity. Ada Lovelace, a woman, created the first computer program, making her the first computer programmer. Lovelace also theorized that computers could, one day, play music and chess. In 1889, Herman Hellerith created the idea of the electric tabulating system, a machine that could read data. Several years later he created a plug board of control panel, which allowed the machine to perform different tasks without being reconstructed. The first electronic digital computer was created in 1937 and tested in 1942. The name of it was Atanosoff-Berry Computer, and it was designed to solve linear equations. The Collosus machine was the first programmable, electron...
... middle of paper ...
... will continue to be a booming career because of the advancing technology that is being created by man. From 1842 to 2014 computer programming has grown a great deal and it will only continue to grow.
"Computer Programmer Education Requirements and Career Information." Education Portal. N.p., 2014. Web. 25 May 2014.
"Computer Programmer Job Description, Duties and Jobs - Part 1." Job Description Search Tool. N.p., 2013. Web. 25 May 2014.
"Computer Programmers : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. N.p., 2014. Web. 25 May 2014.
"The History Of Computer Programming | Visual.ly." Original Content Marketing for Brands | Visual.ly. N.p., 2014. Web. 25 May 2014.
"How to Become a Computer Programmer." Accredited Online University | Online Degree Programs | WGU. N.p., 2014. Web. 25 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Computer programmers write, test , and maintain detailed instructions that called programs. Programs are what run computers. They tell the computer what info to identify and access, how to porocess it, and what equipment to use. The time it takes to write a program varies. Most programs can be can be written in several hours, while some can take more than a year. Programmers usually work in teams under a senior programmer. They program according to a specifications of a software engineers and systems analysts.... [tags: Career Essays]
646 words (1.8 pages)
- Computer Programming is a Career Worth Pursuing When one thinks of computer programming, one might think of complicated problems and challenges. People may think that computer programming is hard, well it’s really rather easy if you have the right training and education. Someone may think that it requires a lot of work and years in college, when it really does not require much. There are many job opportunities opening every day for computer programmers. Computer programmers have several job opportunities these days.... [tags: Papers]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- The field of Computer Science is based primarily on computer programing. Programming is the writing of computer programs using letters and numbers to make "code". The average computer programer will write at least a million lines of code in his or her lifetime. But even more important than writting code, a good programer must be able to solve problems and think logicaly. The working conditions for a programer very greatly. Most banks require their programers to wear a suit and attend an office during normal work hours.... [tags: Computer Programming, Coding]
474 words (1.4 pages)
- Becoming a computer programmer would be great because there are many options in this career by having the ability to produce an operating system, or a game for the world. Computer programmers have many opportunities in life to find a job they would love. Programmers can work independently, or in a big company. Programmers have and are creating the future for computers. Computer programmers have a wide range on what they can do. Computer programmers write the detailed list of instructions the computer will follow in the software (Great Sample Resume).... [tags: technology, computer software]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing”. This quote by Albert Einstein best describes my life. The inquisitive nature that I posses has helped me to improve my knowledge. A person, who is curious enough to dig deep, is always the one who achieves success. I would describe myself as a person who asks these intelligible questions in order to surpass an older me. During my teenage in high school, I was praised as a person who is highly skilled in writing programs in computer languages.... [tags: questioning, curiosity, programming]
691 words (2 pages)
- The purpose of a computer programmer is to design and develop applications to perform the needs of a consumer. This occupation is essential to modern day life due to all of the computers that are in use today. Computer programming is a fulfilling career goal because of the ability to be on the cutting edge of technology, design software for computers, and have a wide range of benefits. Computer programming consists of many duties. Duties of a computer programmer include but are not limited to: debugging programs, converting project specifications and procedures to a logical visual map, repairing existing programs, writing documentation about current programs, and many more (Farr 187).... [tags: Computer Science]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Living in a modern society, technology continues to advance in ways that many would think impossible many years ago. Technology continues to aid the human race in many ways; such as making communication possible across continents within seconds, helping develop new medicines for previously incurable diseases, and completely tasks that would take hours to do by hand. However, technology does not just develop on its own as an intelligent being, but it continues to be molded by those that work in the field of computer science, computer engineering, and computer programming.... [tags: programmers,computer science,web master]
1763 words (5 pages)
- Since the invention of computers in the second half of twentieth century, there has been a great revolution in the job market. The world has witnessed emergence of new careers while others have actually changed. Computer world has ushered in a new economy which has created numerous careers. One of the carriers which have interested me is computer engineering. This is my dream career which I want to pursue in my academic studies. Computer Engineering Career The field of computer engineering has been growing at a rapid rate owing to the growing invention of new computer related technologies and the internet.... [tags: career, computers, IT, ]
546 words (1.6 pages)
- Computer Programming Choosing to do a research on a career can be a little easier to do when you have some or a general knowledge a particular field of work. There are many different types of jobs one can decide to undertake, one of which is in the most popular line of work today: Computer Programming. Although this line of work might seem a little tiresome but you might find it enjoyable by people with lots of patience and the will to do long and tidious work. Most programmers in large corporations work in teams, with each person focusing on a specific aspect of the total project(AOL).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Careers in Computer Science and Programming In the year 1995, our family received their first ever computer. It was a Pentium I with a 75 MHz processor, 64 MB ram, a 16x CD-Rom, a 5-gigabyte hard drive, and Windows 95 operating system. I thought it was the coolest thing man has come to know. It had games, and a completely new world called the internet. Not only could you talk to people from all around the world, but also you could watch streaming videos, view pictures, and send e-mails with attached files.... [tags: Technology Jobs Essays]
525 words (1.5 pages)