Cosmetology has been around since the ancient times and the Egyptians. It was the Egyptian women who gave a lot of importance to hair care, nails, makeup, and overall beauty. The natural look changed the reverted look to the cosmetic look. As years roll by, cosmetology and the business of looking good began to pick up a huge amount of customers. Getting hair curled, ironed, or wavy is very popular now. A lot of women today all over the world want to look like their favorite star. It was that need and craze to look good, which made cosmetology successful as it is today. Shekinah Jo Anderson is a professional hair stylist with just a few years of professional experience. She has already struck celebrity status, and is a rising star in the beauty industry. Shekinah is very successful because she mastered, advanced and contemporary techniques in cosmetology at the Empire Beauty School in Atlanta.
Prospecting cosmetology students usually need to have a high school diploma or GED, to enroll in a cosmetology program. Full cosmetology training usually cov...
... middle of paper ...
McKay, Dawn.”All About Your Career Options in the field of cosmetology.” About.com career planning.N.p2014. n.d. Web.17 May 2014 http://careerplaning.about.com/cs/occupations/p/cosmetology.htm
Finally! What you need to know about the history of cosmetology.” Finally! What you need to know about the history of cosmetology.N.p2010. n.d. Web.19 May 2014. http://www.finallywhatyouneed.com/histroty of cosmetology.
Ley, Samantha.”What kind of Education Is required being a Cosmetologist?” Work.N.p2014. n.d. Web.19 May 2014. http://career planning.about.com/cs/occupations/p/cosmetology.htm
“Beauty and personal care.” Wise Geek.Conjecture, n.d. Web.17 May 2014. http://www.wisegeek.com/
“Shekinah Jo.’ Shekinah Jo.N.p. n.d. Web.19 May2014. http://shekinahjo.com/.
“Research Paper.” Cosmetology.N.p. n.d. Web.19 May 2014. http://kaconners.weebly.com/researchpapper.html.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever seen a celebrity walking down a red carpet and wonder how she looks so beautiful and if she looked that beautiful before they got her dolled up. This person probably used the services of a professional cosmetologist. Cosmetology is a career having to do with skin care, hairstyling, cosmetics, manicure and pedicure. While many people can do, some of these things on their own, hiring a professional ensures a better outcome and helps enhance the looks of clients. Working in this field, whether it is as a nail technician, makeup artist, hairdresser does not just demand certain skills, you must have imagination.... [tags: beauty, services, cosmetologist, career]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Introduction: Personal Orientation to Career 1. I grew up in a family where work was an important aspect, but both of my parents did not always work. My father had many medical issues and was unable to walk for many years. Financial stability was always looked at as the ideal. I was taught working is just a part of life and you should do it to survive. Both of my parents did not attend college, but encouraged me to go to college. They were not happy when I wanted to also go to graduate school because they did not see the point of doing so.... [tags: High school, Learning, College, Career, Counseling]
1050 words (3 pages)
- A survey certified that average women spend about $13,000 on makeup in her life time. Not only that, but also spend 300 hours applying it. Beauty tends to increase the self esteem of women, they think more positive of themselves. Along with that like anything else cosmetology has revolutionized throughout the years. Cosmetology has played an important role in lives of women, it does not only represent beauty, but also self confidence. In the industry of cosmetology there has been women that have played an important role.... [tags: beauty schools, makeup, women, chemicals]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- All career fields have personal responsibilities including cosmetology. Being a beautician requires peoples trust because the client must have confidence that their hair, makeup, and nails will accentuate their finest features. Cosmetologists have been providing people with the luxury of not having to fix themselves up for decades, which is why the beauticians have an obligation in this age to make people appear more and more beautiful because of the modern techniques and technology used such as new brushes and sponges that allow foundation to look as if the skin is as smooth as silk.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- The career I have chosen is cosmetology, more specifically the branch of hair and makeup(HMUA), Nails and skin are cool and all, but definitely not my thing. I became interested in cosmetology at a young age, I grew up in the era of the internet so I've always seen the beautiful girls, and sometimes guys, In their full faces of cosmetics for all their events. I always loved the stylish fun hair and winged cat eye eyeliner. I started wearing makeup on an everyday basis in sixth grade, also the first time I cut my hair myself, looking back upon it now, it wasn't very good at all, but I was having fun.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology, High school]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- As young child we are all asked what we would like to be when we grow up. Usually the answer is a firefighter, a policeman, or nurse. When I was a child I changed my mind multiple times. At first I wanted to be Minnie Mouse, then a dancer. Then, about two years ago, I wanted to be a crime scene investigator. I had all my plans worked out. I was going to attend the University of Memphis and major in criminal justice. However, one day about a year ago, my mind totally changed. I decided to go in the complete opposite direction.... [tags: young child, dreams, profession]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Have you ever thought about becoming a cosmetologist. Are you familiar with what a cosmetologist does. Do you think you have the skill and patience it takes to become a cosmetologist. The basics of becoming a cosmetologist and why it is so common in today’s world will be explained in the following paragraphs. “A cosmetologist is a beauty specialist who is educated in treating the hair, skin, and nails” (McKay). Some of the services that are required of a cosmetologist include but are not limited to: shampooing, hair, treating disorders, haircuts or trims, and styling hair (Chronicle Guidance Publications).... [tags: Career Research ]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Define Nursing Nursing is a knowledge-based profession within the health care sector that focuses on the overall care of individuals. According to The American College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), “defines nurse practitioners as registered nursed who have received graduate-leveling nursing education and clinical training, which enables them to provide a wide range of preventative and acute health care services to individuals of all ages. They deliver high-quality, cost effective care, often performing physical examinations, ordering tests, making diagnoses, and prescribing and managing medication and therapies”.... [tags: nursing, education, training, career, employment]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Do you think that you know everything about a cosmetologist. The life of a Cosmetologist is very busy and hard. There is many things that a cosmetologist can. There are options ranging from hair to makeup and even theater art. Now do you understand what a cosmetologist. If you don't follow me and i will tell you about it. First you will talk about the education that is need to be a cosmetologist. cosmetology students usually need to have a high school diploma or GED. This may be a requirement to enroll in the cosmetology program.... [tags: Cosmetics, Cosmetology]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- Every since I was a child I have had a passion for doing other people’s hair. When I was little I would use my baby dolls as clients and work on their hair until it was perfect and neat. I have chosen to be in the cosmetology field because I like to help other people with their needs and wants as well as mine. I am aware that while working in this industry I will work with many different ethnic groups and many different hair types. I feel I can do anything as long as I have the determination to do so.... [tags: career choices]
1373 words (3.9 pages)