Finding a career that is adequate for me in life can be a difficult challenge. Since I was a little my dream job was to continue the family business back home in Ohio. Many people choose their degrees because they do not know what they want. I am very sure that the degree that I have chosen is the right one for me, which is Business and Administration. I am now attending County Community College and I wish to end my Associate Degree here in two years. After I achieve my A.A. degree at County Community College, I want to transfer to University Of Central Florida to finish my Bachelors Degree. In this paper, I will discuss the overview of my selected four-year School, the university major requirements, the transfer preparations, the career I will pursue after graduation and the interview.
University of Central Florida (UCF) is a public university located in Orlando. UCF currently offers 212-degree programs. UCF has an estimated of 51,269 undergraduates and it has roughly about 1,849 faculty members. In addition, UCF also offers housing that includes on campus residence for both men and women. UCF has five aspects that interest me to attend this school. The first aspect is that the university offers a good program for business seeking degree students. The second aspect is that the university offers programs in different locations in Orlando. The third aspect is that the university has a good athletics system, which has many activities for students to participate in. Another aspect is that the university offers housing for students. The last aspect is that UCF offers transportation services on campus for students that do not own a car or other types of transportation.
The business administration degree focuses on business man...
... middle of paper ...
..."Summary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. 19 Mar. 2014
"Undergraduate Admissions." Undergraduate Admissions. 18 Mar. 2014
"University of Central Florida." Petersons's. 18 Mar. 2014
"About UCF." University of Central Florida. 19 Mar. 2014
"Degree Programs." » Undergraduate Catalog » UCF. Business and Administration Catalog. 20 Mar. 2014
"Business Administration." 21 Mar. 2014
Malmberg,Ricardo. “Interview.” Email and Telephone. 21 Mar 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- All college students should partake in career exploration project because it gives structure and direction. The result from an assessment identifies and prioritizes which careers will best suit an individual person or student. It does not necessarily mean they have to pick that particular job or career; it gives them more chooses to choose from. Career exploration is a life long journey that is emotionally, physically and mentally stress full. I say lifelong because as time goes on so does an individual’s views, abilities and skills.... [tags: professional choices, higher education]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- My chosen career field is in public service. Precisely a career in firefighting. I believe firefighting is a great career choice as I enjoy the work that it involves, and there is a demand that will never stop for firefighters, as fire will always be around forever. The fire department offers a large variety of services to the public. Some of the major tasks that are performed in the fire service range from providing medical care as an Emergency Medical Technician, Entering a burning structure to search for any trapped occupants, suppressing the fire from the exterior or interior, removing a victim that is trapped inside a vehicle involved in an accident, cutting up a tree that fell over the... [tags: Career Exploration]
1762 words (5 pages)
- Being a future master of the universe has always been a dream of mine. The opportunity of becoming a stockbroker leads to an unparalleled lifestyle cherished by numerous individuals. It is a chance to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with customers while at the same time make them money. I have always been fond of the stock market and fascinated by the skills it requires an individual to become a stockbroker. Furthermore, the job entails a unique ability to persuade, deliver, and sell a stock for investors to buy.... [tags: investments,trading firms,stocks,mutual funds]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Picture this, a young girl wearing her mother’s dress and high heels teaching her dolls, or a young boy running around with a red hat and a garden hose. From an early age, many people dream of what they wish to become when they grow up. A few individuals follow this dream; while others leave it behind as a childhood fancy and proceed to accomplish something completely different. Regardless of whether the career a person chooses was a childhood dream, or one decided on later in life, they should conduct significant research on the career.... [tags: professional career choices]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- I have known from an early age that I’ve wanted to become a doctor. Helping people has always been a passion of mine. When I was younger, I wanted to be a veterinarian. However, after working with young children I have found that I love working with them, and have a connection with children. Currently, I am interested in becoming either a neonatologist or a general pediatrician so I can continue to work with young children. Most commonly, neonatologists work in a hospital under stressful conditions and long, unpredictable hours.... [tags: personal statement, neonatologist]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- My ultimate value is my family. My vision for my own self is to live happily with my family in the future. I love to spend my spare time with them. Hanging around with friends and family make me feel well. I love to play on computer. I also love to play with the magical numbers. I like surfing on the internet, exploring new things, reading articles related with health, life, and economic events such as the stock market, financial companies, investment corporations, etc. I think being a citizen of a country, we should somewhat at different aspects of life to better know how well or bad the economy of our country is experiencing.... [tags: Self Evaluation Reflection Career]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- A career is the profession that one chooses to take up in order to make their way in society. Often times a career is a path that someone will follow for the rest of their lives and for others it will be changed numerous times. I have gone through numerous major changes as a college student and luckily at this point in my life I can afford to do so. From the time I was young I was set on becoming an architect due to its blend unique blending of mathematics and art. I have also considered the field that architecture branches from, engineering; this path intrigues me with its promise of creation and construction.... [tags: Life Planning]
1837 words (5.2 pages)
- Transportational Design "It's very easy to make something that is new. So we are trying to make things that are better." Jonathan Ive. This best describes industrial design. To make things better than the last. I wish to make the simplest thing simpler and more useful. The main place I want to specify in is Transportational Design which is part of industrial design which includes designing cars, planes, boats, and motorcycles. Overview Transportational Design is the design of cars and other vehicles.... [tags: career choices and exploration]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- According to Sukiennik, et al. (2013), career exploration and development is an ongoing process. Developing a career plan and a balanced lifestyle is the most efficient way to approach challenges which will achieve job satisfaction and fulfill a sense of purpose. Sukiennik, et al. (2013) discusses self-assessment as the beginning step in career exploration and development. Super’s self-concept theory illustrates several principles that one can relate to in each stage of one’s career such as; “growth, exploration, establishment, maintenance and disengagement” (p.5).... [tags: Generation Y, Generation X, Demographics, Career]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Career Passports and Career Portfolios Portfolios have long been used in some professions to showcase professional work and skill. In education, portfolios have also been used for assessment, including self-assessment (Lankes 1995; Pond et al. 1998). Both career portfolios and career passports reflect this dual focus—students assess themselves in the process of developing a product, and the resulting product showcases and documents their experiences and skills. A distinction is sometimes drawn between a portfolio as developmental and a passport as summative (Bridging the Gap 1993).... [tags: Career Passports Portfolios Essays]
1831 words (5.2 pages)