The education necessary to become a high school math teacher is similar to the education requirements of becoming any high school educator. To teach math, it would be necessary to receive a bachelor’s degree in teaching mathematics. Also, educators are required to obtain a teaching license in whichever state they plan to teach. In order to receive both a teaching license and degree, individuals must practice teaching by student teaching. After a teacher receives their license, they must take classes to keep their teaching license current. The credits from these classes also help teachers to advance upward on the salary program. In addition to completing t...
... middle of paper ...
...5 Mar 2014.
"High School Teachers ." Occupational Outlook Handbook . Bureau of Labor Statistics , 8 Jan 2014. Web. 7 Apr 2014.
"Savings Calculator ." IPERS; Working Today for Your Tomorrow . N.P.. Web. 19 Mar 2014.
Johnson, Shelby. Personal Interview. 27 Mar 2014.
"Secondary School Teacher:Money and Outlook." I Have A Plan Iowa. Zap Corporation , n.d. Web. 19 Mar 2014.
"Teacher Shortage Areas." U.S. Department of Education. . N.p., 12 Aug 2013 . Web. 25 Mar 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- High school is the second stage of education that acts as a transition period from childhood into young adulthood. The in-depth self discovery and growth as well as disappointment that occurs in this critical phase of a young person’s life requires support and guidance for optimal success. I have an absolute confidence in all young people’s abilities to take them beyond the expectations of society. My passion for the belief that education is a solution to obstacles many teenagers face is the foundation for my desire to influence high school student’s lives.... [tags: professional occupation, educators]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Finding a career that is adequate for me in life can be a difficult challenge. Since I was a little my dream job was to continue the family business back home in Ohio. Many people choose their degrees because they do not know what they want. I am very sure that the degree that I have chosen is the right one for me, which is Business and Administration. I am now attending County Community College and I wish to end my Associate Degree here in two years. After I achieve my A.A. degree at County Community College, I want to transfer to University Of Central Florida to finish my Bachelors Degree.... [tags: Career Exploration Essay]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Ever since the Cold War, humanity has been exploring outer space and breaking new boundaries. We have made countless of discoveries by traveling space and will continue to make more in the future. Traditionally NASA, which is run by the government, has been in charge of all of our country’s space travel. However, over the years the government has lowered funding for NASA, limiting them on what they can do. Also NASA currently depends on Russia to send people to the International Space Station, and we pay a large price for a seat.... [tags: International Space Station, Space exploration]
1745 words (5 pages)
- I want to be a secondary social studies teacher. Two people really had an influence on this decision. The first would be my history teacher Mr. Nicol because he has shown me that you can be a Christian and a teacher if you balance them out right. My friend Amanda was the other influence because we were talking about what I’m passionate about which was history. She then suggested teaching it and I loved the idea because I knew I’d enjoy it. This includes teaching students the required information by giving them the environment and tools they need to acquire it.... [tags: Career Choice]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Fashion has always been a way of self expression. Through clothing, shoes, makeup, and even hair, I have always had a passion to express myself through an exterior appearance. This is true from my lavender hair in September to my desire of becoming a makeup artist through my secondary schooling. I decided to be the president of the high school’s fashion club to be able to share this passion with those around me and enjoy it with them. Through coordinating fashion club I was able to connect people with a common interest, those who otherwise would not have met.... [tags: High school, Management, United States Cabinet]
1319 words (3.8 pages)
- My chosen career field is in public service. Precisely a career in firefighting. I believe firefighting is a great career choice as I enjoy the work that it involves, and there is a demand that will never stop for firefighters, as fire will always be around forever. The fire department offers a large variety of services to the public. Some of the major tasks that are performed in the fire service range from providing medical care as an Emergency Medical Technician, Entering a burning structure to search for any trapped occupants, suppressing the fire from the exterior or interior, removing a victim that is trapped inside a vehicle involved in an accident, cutting up a tree that fell over the... [tags: Career Exploration]
1762 words (5 pages)
- Being a future master of the universe has always been a dream of mine. The opportunity of becoming a stockbroker leads to an unparalleled lifestyle cherished by numerous individuals. It is a chance to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships with customers while at the same time make them money. I have always been fond of the stock market and fascinated by the skills it requires an individual to become a stockbroker. Furthermore, the job entails a unique ability to persuade, deliver, and sell a stock for investors to buy.... [tags: investments,trading firms,stocks,mutual funds]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- I have known from an early age that I’ve wanted to become a doctor. Helping people has always been a passion of mine. When I was younger, I wanted to be a veterinarian. However, after working with young children I have found that I love working with them, and have a connection with children. Currently, I am interested in becoming either a neonatologist or a general pediatrician so I can continue to work with young children. Most commonly, neonatologists work in a hospital under stressful conditions and long, unpredictable hours.... [tags: personal statement, neonatologist]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- My ultimate value is my family. My vision for my own self is to live happily with my family in the future. I love to spend my spare time with them. Hanging around with friends and family make me feel well. I love to play on computer. I also love to play with the magical numbers. I like surfing on the internet, exploring new things, reading articles related with health, life, and economic events such as the stock market, financial companies, investment corporations, etc. I think being a citizen of a country, we should somewhat at different aspects of life to better know how well or bad the economy of our country is experiencing.... [tags: Self Evaluation Reflection Career]
1698 words (4.9 pages)
- SEDS-Saving Space Exploration Space exploration was once a fascinating part of human culture. Back in the 60’s, when getting to the moon was a top priority, and exploring the features of other planets interested people, the space program had the momentum to pull off bigger and better things. To explore stars not even in our galaxy and even possibly pull off the feat of discovering extraterrestrial life was something people only dreamed about. Once being only in the imagination, space travel is a reality.... [tags: Space Exploration Essays]
1685 words (4.8 pages)