In order to excel in today’s neck-to-neck competitive working environment, it is very important that one adapts to a more active approach instead of a passive approach when it comes to career development. Additionally, with the growing social networking sites such as LinkedIn or the increasing popularity of job search websites such as Indeed.com, Monster.com, and Simplyhired.com, has led to a greater need to be more proactive in terms of career enhancement. Unlike old days when jobs were more secured and provided less fluidity of moving literally in their designated departments, these days workers face a more dynamic working environment. Furthermore, in our current information based era, almost every job opportunity comes with a potential expiration date that requires ones to incorporate certain successful traits, such as updating current resume, cover letters, or curriculum vitae (CV).
Results of Job Search
Despite one’s job title, the competitive work structure has lead to many workers speculating their current jobs (Koonce, 1997). Since, this will be the last quarter towards attaining my masters in Healthcare administration and management, this assignment served to be very resourceful. The central focus was to attain more management related jobs but in healthcare field. Therefore, based on the job search, was able to find job positions in various healthcare organizations, such as research coordinator, clinical manager, clinical administrator, case manager, and quality coordinator. All these serve as great opportunities to further enhance my current carrier options, especially after attaining such a concrete and wide range of healthcare core studies through the masters program. Furthermore, was als...
... middle of paper ...
...nge than a concrete value (CSU, 2015). Lastly, make sure to be well-aware of some illegal questions that shall not be asked during any interview as everyone has the right to privacy and equality, so it is always good to know ones boundaries (CSU, 2015).
In order to survive in the current fast paces working environment, it is necessary that one shall find the motivation to reevaluate ones current job as well as career aspiration and goals (Koonce, 1997). Often times, working for the same position or department can make one stagnant and comfortable that one does not even try to expand ones horizon when it comes to jobs. Therefore, to face the current market driven society, one shall constantly focus on marketing oneself effectively (Koonce, 1997). This can be achieved by updating ones resume as well as social profiles such as LinkedIn on a regular basis.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every organization depends on knowledgeable and well trained employees. Employees must understand what is expected of them in order for the overall goals to be met. With an ever-changing marketplace, organizations have to make necessary changes to stay competitive. This could lead to employees falling behind on new skills needed. It is up to the organization to provide training on new technology, new systems, or procedures so the employee knows specifically what their job is. In this paper, it will discuss the how training and career development leads to successful organizations.... [tags: Management]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Organizational Behavior For this assignment, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Mr. Eric James. Our interview shades light on the fact that all employees perspective on organizational structure is not always as it appears in black and white. He is currently employed with Carolina HealthCare System (CHS) a medical organization. He has been employed with this organization for over seven years preceding the completion of his military term. Coming from the United States Navy Mr. James views on organizational structure and culture was completely different from his experiences that he has had since employed with CHS.... [tags: Management, Organization, Employment, Motivation]
711 words (2 pages)
- In this assignment we as a team will discuss how to effectively plan for success in careers. Including which strategies can be employed for professional growth, such as continued learning by staying up to date on current information in your field or earning a higher degree, taking advantage of training and development opportunities through your employer. Gain certifications and endorsements; join professional organizations, clubs and or societies, volunteer for opportunities that will help you build your skills and knowledge, watch for ways to lead, seek out promotions, also knowing when to leave and move on to other opportunities.... [tags: Management, Personal development, Time management]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Erik Erikson’s view on the development of learners has eight stages however; the book only goes into the first five stages. The first stage of psychosocial development is Trust vs. Mistrust. This stage occurs in the first year of life. During this stage, according to Erikson is when a child develops trust. If a child is not take properly taken care of during this stage the child will most likely develop mistrust for others, however if a child is properly taken care of they will develop trust for others and the environment they live in (Snowman, McCown 18).... [tags: Erikson's stages of psychosocial development]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- The field of athletic training is one of the fastest expanding careers today. This could be due to the much greater demand for health care providers. Athletic trainers specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating muscle and bone injuries. They work with a diverse group of patients, from young children to professional athletes. Athletic trainers are usually part of a sport medicine team, which tend to include a physician, physical therapist, and even a sport psychologist. Many athletic trainers work in educational facilities, such as high schools and colleges.... [tags: Sports Medicine ]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- Grand Nursing Theorist Assignment: Grand Theorist Report Since the days of Florence Nightingale, nurses have strived to provide their patients with the best care possible. Nursing theory was developed by desire and provides a theoretical framework on which the nurses challenge themselves to improve patient experience. Nursing in the twenty first century has taken many different directions by assuming more responsibility, and some have argued that the evolution of the profession has come with a price of caring less.... [tags: Nursing, Nurse, Health care, Nursing theory, Human]
1826 words (5.2 pages)
- ... The amount of experience and knowledge required for the positions is substantial; however the earnings potential increases with the amount of experience and education an electronic publications specialist has in the field. Electronic publishing specialist is a fairly new career so the salary information has been compared to desktop publishers. According to Mymajors.com, the median annual wage for electronic publications specialist is $39,060 and a median hourly wage of $18.78. According to CIA current open positions, an electronic publishing specialist can earn from $51,630 to $74,872 per year.... [tags: electronic books, publications, databases]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- My college career began in 2002, as a history major with the intention of becoming a high school teacher. Along the way I realized I had no passion for that career or how dry the subject can be at a serious academic level. During my time at Georgia State University I took the required Psychology 101 class, and became fascinated with the subject. When I returned to college to finish my bachelor’s degree, in 2014, I changed my major to Psychology and have found it a much more rewarding subject. I should address my first attempt at college, specifically the year I spent at GSU.... [tags: Psychology, Psychiatry, Abnormal psychology]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- HH/NURS 4516 Development of Self as Nurse: Advanced Professional Issues – CAREER PLAN ASSIGNMENT – Scanning Your Environment Self-Assessment Reality Check Career Vision Career Goals Introduction I will need to keep assessing myself and setting new goals as the nursing profession and workplace are continuously changing. It will be necessary to be conversant with the environment before deciding how I will use my skills and experience to benefit myself and the society. I will keep scanning my surrounding environment to establish the most beneficial way to use my skills and experience.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Nurse, Health]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Assignment: NCAT: Curriculum Development Assignment It is the initiative of the Common Core Standards to fully prepare students in making the transition from secondary schools to post-secondary to make sure that all of our students are granted environment that encourages education. To ensure that our mission live true to its word we must removed daily distractions and provides the students with the necessary attention they deserve. Teaching content alongside professionalism and the value of education will create individuals that are college and career ready.... [tags: common core standards, cooperative education]
1251 words (3.6 pages)