Essay PreviewMore ↓
Career as a lawyer is very respectful as they serve to maintain the law and order. They are responsible for providing justice to the innocent and punishment to the offenders. Career as Lawyer on one side is challenging and risky but on the other side, it is prestigious and honorable as well.
Career as Lawyer, Career as a Lawyer, Lawyers Career, Lawyer’s Career, Lawyer Career, Career of Lawyers, Career of a Lawyer, Career of the Lawyer, Lawyer as a Career, Lawyer as Career, A Lawyer, Lawyer, Lawyers, Lawyer as one Career, Career – Lawyer, A Lawyers Career
Career as Lawyer
3. Educational Qualifications
4. Interpersonal Skills
5. Places of Work
6. Job Opportunity
8. Job progress
9. Employment Forecast
Career as Lawyer or as Solicitor puts a person in a very respectful position in the society. Although the job and duties of this professional have been portrayed as attractive but in reality, they are very intense and hectic, still rewarding. One can gain expertise in many areas in Career as Lawyer. Some of the areas are Bankruptcy, Defense, Fraud, Tax, International, Criminal, Divorce, Social Security etc.
There are many different tasks of a Lawyer that vary according to the legal jurisdictions and type of lawyer one is. Some of the general roles are:
• Presenting the Case Orally in Court: The Lawyer has to argue about his client’s case in front of the Judge in court.
• Researching and Making the Court Papers: The Lawyers have to brief the court about the case well in advance about the issues to be discussed.
• Also, he has to be well-updated with all the required proofs before the dated of the hearings.
• Proper Counseling: A Lawyer is responsible to counsel his client deeply and should tell him the future consequences, so that the client can take right decision.
• The Lawyer who has been hired by a private firm often does legal advising.
• Preparing the necessary documents for the clients such as will, property papers, property transfer papers, compensation papers etc.
• Doing negotiations so that their client gets all the benefits.
To pursue Career as Lawyer, the person has to be well determined in mind. The formal qualifications required for the same are:
• Undergraduate Degree in Law - 4 Years Course
• Graduate Degree in Law – 3 Years Course
• Bar examination: One must have to pass the exam to get the license to practice. The rules of examination vary from one jurisdiction to other.
The Law Schools accept diverse application form applicants from various backgrounds.
How to Cite this Page
"Career as a Lawyer." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Career as Lawyer Description: Career as a lawyer is very respectful as they serve to maintain the law and order. They are responsible for providing justice to the innocent and punishment to the offenders. Career as Lawyer on one side is challenging and risky but on the other side, it is prestigious and honorable as well. Key words: Career as Lawyer, Career as a Lawyer, Lawyers Career, Lawyer’s Career, Lawyer Career, Career of Lawyers, Career of a Lawyer, Career of the Lawyer, Lawyer as a Career, Lawyer as Career, A Lawyer, Lawyer, Lawyers, Lawyer as one Career, Career – Lawyer, A Lawyers Career Career as Lawyer Synopsis: 1. Introduction 2. Tasks 3. Educational Qualifications 4. Interper... [tags: Career Description]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- You had better know what you want to do when you get older and you better like it because that is what you will be doing for the rest of your life. However, most of the jobs today needs at least 2-4 years of schooling. I want to be a lawyer. A lawyer will almost always get paid a lot to represent someone or some business. All a lawyer has to do is argue for their client and make them sound good and help them out in legal cases. Also, the lawyer gets to tell their client how much they want to be paid.... [tags: job training, advantages]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- I have chosen to use a criminal defense lawyer as my primary legal career for this discussion board. A criminal defense lawyer, is a lawyer who specializes in defending an individual or a company that has been charged with a crime. Criminal defense lawyers have to deal with many different circumstances. For instance, arrests, criminal charges, investigations, sentencing, appeals, and even post-trial issues. However, a lot of criminal defense lawyers will choose to specialize in a certain type of criminal defense.... [tags: Law, Criminal law, Lawyer]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- Our archway seminar was definitely much different compared to any other class I had ever taken. From the topic itself to how the class was ran, it was all very new. One thing that was brought to the class’s attention that I am surprised has not been taught before are the critical thinking standards and traits. These are great things to know for writing and research and I think in past high school classes they have implied these things but never quite said them outright. Knowing exactly what to be looking for and what aspects can be focused on for better writing and analysis of sources really helps and, of course, will be a great help throughout my career in college as I am sure I have plent... [tags: Thought, Critical thinking, Mind, Data type]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Lawyer: David Baldacci once said “ As a lawyer, as a private citizen you see a lot of injustice. You see a lot of people who should have been punished and are not, and people who are wrongfully punished not vindicated. Fiction is sort of a way to set the record straight, and let people at least believe that justice can be achieved and the right outcomes can occur.” His words sum up the exact reason why I chose this career path. It is not fair that the people who get wrongfully accused of committing heinous crimes never get the help that they deserve and the people who are actually out committing the crimes get to go home and be with their families and live happy lives.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Criminal law, High school]
2113 words (6 pages)
- ... Science, mathematics, logic, philosophy, and computer science help to be successful in the practice of law. Students should take classes such as these in high school if available, and definitely while in college. (High, 1) "Formal requirements to become a lawyer usually include a 4-year college degree, 3 years of law school, and passing a written bar examination; however, some requirements vary by state." (Lawyers, 225) "Law school is not only academically challenging, but it can also be stressful and time-consuming." (Greyson 2, 1) "Most students are aware of the fact that they will have to do a lot of studying in law school." (Greyson 2, 2) According to Winograd, “Essentially all law... [tags: ethics, judicial, criminals]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Becoming a Lawyer Loving to argue, speak, and to persuade/convince, I have chosen to research the career of a lawyer. I have always been intrigued by the audacity and wit that lawyers have naturally. I will explain the steps in order to be on the right path in order to become a lawyer. While attaining a degree in your undergraduate studies, you must select a major that will be of some assistance and relevance to your particular law career. For example, if you want to be a corporate lawyer, you should major in business or if you want to be a judge, you should major in political science.... [tags: Research Lawyer Law Career Essays]
1745 words (5 pages)
- ... As a corporate lawyer, you can perform as a guider toward business executives, or an act for a company in court. You can go as far as studying, drafting contracts, promote unification and take on human resource issues while extending in the direction of the judicial system. This specific type of lawyer can be more common than a trail lawyer. As said, corporate lawyers often work with lawyers from other companies to register deals and guarantee that everyone is complying with the applicable law (What Does a Corporate Lawyer do?).... [tags: career, professions, lawyer, doctor, school]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Reaching For the Stars. Planning your life out ahead of time is absolutely one of the best things you could ever do. As a child growing up, all I could ever think of was what I wanted to be when I had gotten older. Never was I a normal kid, I planned my whole life out at the age of seven. Only thing I was never sure about was the path I wanted to follow as far as careers. A police officer, nurse, dancer, doctor and singer were some of the career choices I decided when I was seven years of age. Did I know my final choice that would fit and pursue my dreams.... [tags: planning, career, profession, labor]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- A career is one of the most important decisions an individual can make. One of the most controversial and prestigious careers in history; lawyers have been prominent figures in both the courtroom and at the center of American society. The history, college curriculum, duties, and even their future are all steeped in tradition. The history of the American lawyer is intertwined with the United States all the way back to when the country was founded. In society, lawyers can act as either advocates in whom they represent clients in civil and criminal trials or as advisors that counsel their clients on legal rights, obligations, personal and business matters.... [tags: education, career, responsibilties]
757 words (2.2 pages)
Other Necessary Skills:
Career as Lawyer is not at all easy; to pursue it one has to have some interpersonal skills. Some important skills needed are:
• Communication skills: A Lawyer must be good Oral communication as this is extensively needed.
• A lawyer must be very strong in analytical and critical thinking. These qualities will help him to look the case in different perspectives which in turn will help him to win the case.
• A Lawyer must be able to do his multiple tasks simultaneously, so that even in less amount of time the case taken can be well -presented with all the needed details.
• A Lawyer should have good Leadership quality (this is beneficial in court room proceedings).
• A Lawyer should possess fair work ethics.
• To pursue Career as Lawyer the person should be good in negotiations so that their clients can get most of the benefits.
Places of Work:
Some person assume that Career as a Lawyer means one has to work in court premises only but actually its not so. There are other work places also:
• Generally, they work in Court that could be at state level or at higher level.
• They can work in Private Law firm
• Can work in Government Offices
• Can work for any NGO
• Can Teach Law in Law colleges
• Can work as a legal advisor
Career as Lawyer is full of good opportunities. A Lawyer can work in the initial stages of his career and then can open his Law Firm. Also there is a possibility to open the Law firm in association with other person and this could be done in early stage of career also. In addition, if a person is good and well-versed with law then he can also work as a Law Professor. They can even work as legal advisors for big clients.
As far as money is concerned the Career as Lawyer is one of the most benefited careers. Lawyers working directly on payroll in government bodies or in court usually get the regular salary. In addition to this, there are several other perquisites also. In private firms sometimes the lawyers are paid on hourly bases. As far as their own law firm is concerned it depends on the number and type of clients.
A person often starts his Career as Lawyer by working in Government bodies or in any Private Law Firm. After getting the training he can either work on his own or can continue doing that. After rendering services as a Lawyer, one can go ahead and become a judge. Many times, big firms, industries and even industrialists hire their Lawyers who take care of all legal issues.
The requirement of lawyers is increasing more than the average rate. Since many are entering into this profession, so competition is expected to grow hard. For the person who wants to work in big law-firms, big cities are a good option. On the other hand, for the lawyers who want to setup their own business can stick to small towns for initial setups and later move to big cities. So on a whole; one can say Career as Lawyer is promising as per the future prospects.